OT - NO POLITICS The TV thread - RIP Miss Jean - Boston's Romper Room teacher

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
Today I started a new position at work. I am now a Solution Architect. This is my first promotion in over 15 years but it is also my dream hob and I have been happy the entire time at my current company of almost 8 years. I did learn of the promotion over a month ago but it was official 1/1/2022. Just wanted to share with some of my friends. :)

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
The White Lotus on HBO...A must watch.

The resort manager in the last episode, is epic. :laugh:

Plenty of gut-splitting moments as the show incites you to lose faith in humanity.

Twas well worth watching. Only annoyance was that Hawaiian choir music that they kept pumping through long stretches between scenes, but you can fast forward through it.

Reactions: LSCII and Blowfish

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
So now there is a "darker, less comedic re-imagining" of Fresh Prince of Bel Air coming out on Peacock.

Why does every series from the 80s and 90s need a reboot or some kind of crazy take on the characters? Ugh.

*crawls back into cave to watch original series*

Reactions: Alicat

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Today I started a new position at work. I am now a Solution Architect. This is my first promotion in over 15 years but it is also my dream hob and I have been happy the entire time at my current company of almost 8 years. I did learn of the promotion over a month ago but it was official 1/1/2022. Just wanted to share with some of my friends. :)

What's this show called?

Reactions: LSCII

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
What's this show called?
I work at Infor Global Solutions. We have 17,000 employees globally. My specific position is within the Public Sector Vertical on the Services Delivery team. Our team is responsible for engaging with clients and helping them to configure the software to accomplish their specific goals. I specialize in a software product called IPS (Infor Public Sector). I also dabble in another product EAM (Enterprise Asset Management), however Infor sold EAM last year so my role on that product will shrink to nothing over the next 6 months to a year.

I hope that is what you were looking for. :)

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
I work at Infor Global Solutions. We have 17,000 employees globally. My specific position is within the Public Sector Vertical on the Services Delivery team. Our team is responsible for engaging with clients and helping them to configure the software to accomplish their specific goals. I specialize in a software product called IPS (Infor Public Sector). I also dabble in another product EAM (Enterprise Asset Management), however Infor sold EAM last year so my role on that product will shrink to nothing over the next 6 months to a year.

I hope that is what you were looking for. :)

That's awesome congrats. I myself should be transitioning from Engineer to Solutions Architect by end of Q1 in a different field.

But I was just teasing you since this is the OT:TV Thread and not the regular OT Thread OT - NO POLITICS - Happy New Year, Days Getting Longer, Warmer Weather, Oh Boy!!!

Reactions: LSCII and HustleB

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Wife and I are late to the party on this one and only 4 episodes in but Only Murders in The Building is really entertaining right now.

Reactions: Runner77 and LSCII

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Streamed a show last nite called The Kings Man.Damn thing got crossed some how and that new comedy Clifford The Red Dog popped up. Well before I could switch it the Girl friend spots it and starts yelling leave it .So my nite last nite before bed was spent watching Clifford The Red Farking Dog.:cool:

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
Reactions: Gonzothe7thDman

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Just wanted to thank the posters in this thread. I was led to the White Lotus thanks to reviews here.

I am now thinking of embarking on Bosch since several of you offered positive feedback.

But first, I had completely forgotten about Goliath. I only saw the first two seasons. There are two more to go. I loved Billy Bob Thornton in this and enjoyed his antics.

Reactions: LSCII

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
I just started it so I'm still on season 2. Still love Beth though. Also a big fan of Ryan Bingham's character.
Where are you with the Yellowstone series? You should watch 1883 which is a prequel of Yellowstone and it's as good. Loved the first 4 episodes.

MAINE-IAC

Feb 12, 2003
southern maine
I’ve been seeing a lot of adds from NESN advising viewers to switch from the dish. They never mention why dish is dropping NESN but I assume it’s because NESN is upping the rent. I just wish that dish would counteract with what the increase is so that viewers could get the real story. I’m just tired of all these different networks jacking their price up and making it out like it’s the provider’s fault.

Troublesome 85

TOP RANKED
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Which do people prefer “Band Of Brothers” or “The Pacific” ? Used to love BOB but I feel like Pacific has more interesting stories and focuses on 4-5 guys during the series and develops them while BOB gives an episode to a few guys but doesnt really develop them.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
David Letterman has reactivated his You Tube channel

https://www.youtube.com/c/Letterman/about

Late Night with David Letterman debuted 40 years ago today on NBC (February 1, 1982). To celebrate, Dave has launched his Letterman YouTube channel, which now features "all your favorite clips from Late Night and Late Show — as well as conversations with the writers, producers and performers who helped make it all happen.”

The Letterman channel also notes, “These highlights have been artisanly-produced, carefully-curated, and chosen completely at random by an old computer that used to pick numbers for the New York Lotto back in the 90’s."

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Which do people prefer “Band Of Brothers” or “The Pacific” ? Used to love BOB but I feel like Pacific has more interesting stories and focuses on 4-5 guys during the series and develops them while BOB gives an episode to a few guys but doesnt really develop them.

I like both, but for me BOB is better, and honestly it's not even close. The episode focusing on the medic is still one of the best episodes of a miniseries I've ever watched.

I like the Pacific, but none of the stories really resonated with me. Sure the main guys they focused on were more fleshed out than BOB, but I didn't find myself caring about any of those personal stories, maybe that's the point considering how brutal that theater was.

Pacific had better cinematography and production value for sure.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011

I've watched Band of Brothers a half dozen times since it first aired. Sorry to say, but I didn't even finish The Pacific. Just couldn't get into it, and I love WWII stories.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Back in the 80's and 90's this was a BIG DEAL

When I first could get cable in 1985 - NESN was $10 a month as was Sportschannel BUT you could order both for $15 a month OR for $20 they added HBO to the bundle. (that would be $50 today)

bruinsfan1970

Global Moderator
Staff member
Aug 9, 2010
Lovely Lakes Of NH
When not watching the Bruins and other hockey games we spend a lot of time watching classic comedies. We love Two and a half men but only with Sheen episodes, everyone loves Raymond, Andy Griffith. Also like Law and Order the original version not a fan of the SVU ones and we enjoy Yellowstone but only wish the seasons were longer. Also miss seeing the Odd Couple. We are fans of the older classic comedies because they don't make them like that Anymore.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad