OT - NO POLITICS The TV thread - RIP Miss Jean - Boston's Romper Room teacher

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Today I started a new position at work. I am now a Solution Architect. This is my first promotion in over 15 years but it is also my dream hob and I have been happy the entire time at my current company of almost 8 years. I did learn of the promotion over a month ago but it was official 1/1/2022. Just wanted to share with some of my friends. :)
hell yeah, great stuff!!!

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
I started Reacher based on recommendations on this board. The only disappointment was how quickly I binged the series. Friday night was awesome but last night I had to find something new.

Reactions: PlayMakers

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Not sure if anyone here is into South Park, but last week's episode was the funniest one in years

Ben Grimm

It's clobberin time!🥊
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
What are your favorite B&W shows? It makes me very sad :( that @Gee Wally thinks "Leave it to Beaver" is better than all the ones I really love: ;)

The Twilight Zone
The Outer Limits
Alfred Hitchcock Presents
The Beverly Hillbillies
The Andy Griffith Show - Barney Fife is the best character in tv history.
Mr. Ed - A talking horse.
The Addams Family
My Favorite Martian
The Munsters - Free on Peacock.
My Mother the Car - A guy's mother's soul is in a car.

Last edited:

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
What are your favorite B&W shows? It makes me very sad :( that @Gee Wally thinks "Leave it to Beaver" is better than all the ones I really love: ;)

The Twilight Zone
The Outer Limits
The Beverly Hillbillies
The Addams Family
My Favorite Martian

great list.
I remember F Troop at first on b&w. Loved that show.
Car 54
Dick Van Dyke show
Have Gun Will Travel
The Rifleman
Daniel Boone
Combat
The Rat Patrol
McHales Navy

Last edited:
Reactions: Ben Grimm

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
F Troop child labor scandal - Melody Patterson aka Wrangler Jane lied about her age to get the part. She had a forged birth certificate saying she was 18, she was really 15!

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Been watching several series at the same time. I just keep jumping from one to the other depending on whether I need a break or the availability of new episodes.

Watching S3 of Get Smart. I watch every new episode of 1883 as it becomes available. And am also on S3 of Goliath.

Too many series to finish, too little time.

Last edited:
Reactions: HustleB

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
F Troop child labor scandal - Melody Patterson aka Wrangler Jane lied about her age to get the part. She had a forged birth certificate saying she was 18, she was really 15!

Takes some good acting skills to pull off that lie, so you could say she earned the part.

Troublesome 85

TOP RANKED
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Only “new” TV show I watch is Black List all other shows I watch are old

Sopranos
The Wire
That 70s Show
Are You Afraid of The Dark
Hawaii 5-0 original
Rockford Files
Miami Vice
Boston Legal
The Office
Entourage

Off the top of my head

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
I watch an absurd amount of Superstore. I’m also on a rewatch of 30 Rock. And I’m on Season 9 of Curb Your Enthusiasm. I think I have denunciation elbow.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
So now there is a "darker, less comedic re-imagining" of Fresh Prince of Bel Air coming out on Peacock.

Why does every series from the 80s and 90s need a reboot or some kind of crazy take on the characters? Ugh.

*crawls back into cave to watch original series*
The "here we are now, entertain us" generation. They never learned to use their imaginations to entertain themselves so they can't come up with anything new. They literally can't do it. JMO

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
My wife makes fun of me because I'm all over the place with things I watch outside of sports. If I put them into a category is basically 3 groups

Cartoons (South Park & Family Guy)

Cooking (Guys Grocery Games, Diners Drive-ins & Dives and Tournament of Champions

History/Educational (Mysteries of the Abandoned, Mysteries at the Musem, Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey)

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden

The Twilight Zone
The Outer Limits
The Beverly Hillbillies
The Addams Family
My Favorite Martian
Good list, I was born just as B&W was phasing out liked Twilight Zone and Outer Limits. Sci fi guy obviously. Glad Wally mentioned F Troop as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad