OT - NO POLITICS The TV thread - RIP Miss Jean - Boston's Romper Room teacher

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Can’t wait October 1

I got goosebumps watching that. I did my first ever re-watch around this time last year (having watched the show as it aired originally) and then later in the year got into listening to the Sopranos podcast with Christopher and Bobby Bacala as they review episodes.

I've become a big Jon Bernthal fan after watching his portrayal of the Punisher for Netflix (another one of my favorites) so I was excited to see him cast as Johnny Boy Soprano.

And Ray Liotta finally appears in something Sopranos. He reportedly turned down offers to play Tony and later Ralph. Which worked out well I can't see anyone other than Joe Pantoliano playing Ralph. Liotta's character is unknown but some speculate he could be Ercole "Old Man Ekley" Dimeo the imprisoned boss of the Soprano crime family first mentioned early in Season 1. I guess we'll see.

I haven't been to a theatre long before the pandemic but I'll be going to the theatre to see this likely on Day 1.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Loved the first episode of “What If…?” on Disney+.

“What If Captain Carter Became the First Avenger” was a great story. Anyone else see it? What did you think? And I wonder what other scenarios they’ll explore in the upcoming episodes?

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Loved the first episode of “What If…?” on Disney+.

“What If Captain Carter Became the First Avenger” was a great story. Anyone else see it? What did you think? And I wonder what other scenarios they’ll explore in the upcoming episodes?
Episode 2 is What If T’Challa was abducted by the Ravagers rather than Peter Quill.

I was a bit apprehensive about it being animated.
I can’t get into the animated Star Wars stuff.

I was a bit bummed about some of the headliners like RDJ and Evans not returning to voice their characters.

However, the animation was amazing. I LOVED what they did with Steve and Hydrastomper. And Steve’s voice actor actually sounded better than some of the returning cast.

Reactions: rfournier103

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Been on a huge Stephen King kick as of late.

Read The Shining and Doctor Sleep and rewatched the films.

Just started reading The Stand.

Typically I’m not big on fiction.
“The Shining” is one of my favorite books of all time. Definitely in my top five. “Different Seasons” is my other favorite book of his. I haven’t read “Doctor Sleep” yet, though.

Troublesome 85

TOP RANKED
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Blacklist. Only new show I watch. If after 8 seasons red is katarina I am gonna be annoyed.

megan boones character was annoying last few seasons. On the fence about her leaving.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Just finished The White Lotus the other day. Thought it was good overall, but the ending was a little lack luster.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
Two of the funniest old timer series were Married…with Children and Night Court

currently Mare of Easttown is the best series I have seen since the Leftovers

The Boys on Prime is outstanding as well.

Invincible on Prime was amazing as well.

the Titans is another great one. Weird series that were good are The Witcher and Carnival Row

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Two of the funniest old timer series were Married…with Children and Night Court

currently Mare of Easttown is the best series I have seen since the Leftovers

The Boys on Prime is outstanding as well.

Invincible on Prime was amazing as well.

the Titans is another great one. Weird series that were good are The Witcher and Carnival Row
I’m watching Married with Children now. All 11 seasons are on Amazon Prime. I don’t have much of an attention span anymore. So 30 minute comedies are ideal for me .

Reactions: LouJersey

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Here's an oldie...

Loved this show. Only marred by the use of actual WWII gun camera video in the dogfights, which limited them to about 3 pieces of footage used over and over. I saw the same plane(s) shot down in the same way every week. Also see, original Battlestar Galactica (which wasn't because of using real footage, it was because they were cheap).

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Loved this show. Only marred by the use of actual WWII gun camera video in the dogfights, which limited them to about 3 pieces of footage used over and over. I saw the same plane(s) shot down in the same way every week. Also see, original Battlestar Galactica (which wasn't because of using real footage, it was because they were cheap).
Airwolf repeated footage as well. Annoying, but the music was cool lol

Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
This is what happens when I go down a youtube rabbit hole....I had forgotten about this scene. Christopher Lloyd is hilarious :laugh:

Based on how many times my father has told me about, or showed me this video, I'd say it's his all time favorite TV scene

Reactions: sarge88

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs

Watching this now on the reco of a (non-hockey fan) friend. anybody else? Crazy story - can’t believe I never heard of this before.

Reactions: sarge88

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
Caved and bought ESPN+. I can't live without both the UFC and the NHL. That's sadomasochistic. I feel dirty. At least I get to watch some great 30 for 30s as a consolation prize.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad