OT: The Thread About Nothing Part 190: Terrorists, Wild Trout, Microbeers, and Stuff

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
I'm headed up to Ithaca this weekend for Slope Day. Should be a fun time. I plan to be drunk most of the time, starting tonight.

cj225

Work in Progress...
Dec 6, 2006
NJ
Went to a viewing for a 2 year old little boy yesterday...absolutely terrible. Open caskets really creep me out...he looked like a little doll just laying there.

cj225

Work in Progress...
Dec 6, 2006
NJ
Young kids dying is tragic for so many reasons, I hope the parents can recover.

So do I. I've known the family forever and they have an older daughter as well. She was sitting by the parents last night and kinda kept making reference to the baby as being a fake doll. It was really sad. The father was an absolute mess.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Went to a viewing for a 2 year old little boy yesterday...absolutely terrible. Open caskets really creep me out...he looked like a little doll just laying there.

That is terrible. Sorry you had to deal with that.

I don't think I would have been able to do it. I don't handle those things well...When I have to go I usually stay in the lobby.

Cowbell232

Jun 20, 2008
New Jersey
Awesome. Are you doing a lot of the planning?

I didn't do anything....I just said "Yes, dear"...a lot.

Yeah, there's somethings I actually care about, but I know that's mostly 'her day'. She's being very accommodating about the things that I actually do care about though and luckily for us the things the other is adamant about aren't the same. Not a single fight about anything wedding related, and we've got all the vendors picked out, flowers, tuxedos, DJ, food, photographer, etc. So we're doing good.

Booked the flights for the honeymoon - up next is a hotel and we're in the home stretch.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
my gf's dream is to go to paris. please be sure to let us know how everything goes/went etc...i'll prob be doing a trip there in the next 3 years..

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I just ordered an American made archery product(a set of limbs) from London...With shipping it was cheaper than I can get the very same product anywhere in the US without shipping.

This was at the bottom of the confirmation email:

Tax: All prices EXCLUDE all taxes. There are three reasons for this... i) You have ordered books or magazines. or ii) You live outside the EC (Europe) so you do not pay our taxes. Depending on the value of any order you place you may have to pay import
duty when you receive your order. Please ask your local imports/customs depts for advice. or iii) You are a VAT registered EC resident.

I figure the American taxes on this product is increasing the cost by OVER 20%...There are special excise tax on archery equipment above normal taxes...

How messed up is that? I have to go to Europe to buy an American product for about 22% less? I didn't go to them because they were the cheapest, they happen to be the only company who has this product in stock...But when I started looking at the prices I was floored.

cj225

Work in Progress...
Dec 6, 2006
NJ
That is terrible. Sorry you had to deal with that.

I don't think I would have been able to do it. I don't handle those things well...When I have to go I usually stay in the lobby.

It was hard because when we got there the line was outside the funeral home. It's just a sad story all around. Hopefully something I don't have to deal with in life.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
Not if you have an idea of what they're saying about you ;)

sacre bleu!
smiley_french.gif

cj225

Work in Progress...
Dec 6, 2006
NJ
Paris is a beautiful place. My best friend and her husband went there for their honeymoon a few years ago and absolutely loved it.

Cowbell232

Jun 20, 2008
New Jersey
my gf's dream is to go to paris. please be sure to let us know how everything goes/went etc...i'll prob be doing a trip there in the next 3 years..

Oh yeah, definitely. It's just expensive. The flights, hotels, etc. And then I know once we get over there to watch the currency because it'll feel cheaper but it's the Euro...

Paris is a beautiful place. My best friend and her husband went there for their honeymoon a few years ago and absolutely loved it.

Can you ask them if there was a "must do" thing or anything like that? :)

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
New study out shows home ownership in America is at its lowest point since the mid-1990s (only 65%).

This is actually a fascinating economic data point to be pondered and extrapolated going forward.

Not surprising given the whole mortgage crises/housing bubble/economic downturn.

I do think we have hit bottom on that and expect the rebound to begin shortly.

Prices are def at the point where I think people will start looking to buy again. But will banks be willing to lend? And people who foreclosed will be kept out of the loop for awhile, so that will continue to be an issue.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010

Couldn't imagine losing a child.

Hate open caskets in general. I'm usually up there thinking "this looks nothing like the person I knew".

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
is this funny? should i keep going?

You watch a soap
While you act like a Pope
Yeah you watch tv
Price is Right, Judge Judy
And you lick your lips
Wearing pants..you just s***

I should knowwww
That you're no good for meeee

'Cause you're hot and you’re old
You’re playing bingo
Your hip just went out
Take a nap, go down south

You’re pants are so tight
Your hot cellulite
Fall asleep, cant wake up
So skilled with my nuts

Cowbell232

Jun 20, 2008
New Jersey
train ride to the south - go visit the location that inspired this awesome painting (which I just ordered a canvas print of for my wife's birthday a few weeks ago)

Painting%20Cafe%20Terrace.jpg

At, Cafe Terrace at Night. The precursor to Starry Night, one of the best paintings to ever be completed.

It's down in Provence though, yeah? I'm not going down there for a day or two this trip, Just relaxing inside city limits after the wedding. I plan on returning to France within a few years to do a trip between Provence, and then into Nice and maybe Montreux or Holland or something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad