OT: The Thread About Nothing Part 190: Terrorists, Wild Trout, Microbeers, and Stuff

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhodes 81

grit those teeth
Nov 22, 2008
Atlanta
On a follow up alert I can confirm that my friend has NOT received a call from Obama. More details incoming

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ

Plus there's a lot of rental properties now that would have been sold if not for taking a huge hit in market value
from the housing bubble collapse. I wanted to sell my townhouse 2 years ago but I lost $25k in market value from my purchase price and I already sunk $15k in improvements. No way I can recoup that right now so I rent instead and wait for the value to come back up a little while paying down the mortgage to a point I can get equity out when I do sell. It's a waiting game.

There's a ton of the above going on right now, but IMO it's been bad for long-term housing prices vis-a-vis supply and demand. Tons of people who want to sell, have not.

Then you have the wealthier people who are of the belief that it's a great time to buy a house due to the price collapse and the low interest rates, who are buying multiple houses and renting them out on the belief that house prices will move higher from here.

Then you have the opposite side of that coin where people think housing could still go lower, and they're waiting to see, and this is creating increased demand for rental properties, which have never been hotter.

Then you have to consider that there are still a ton of "Shadow Foreclosures" that should have hit the market, but the government is preventing them from hitting, which is monkeying with the real estate market both currently and going forward.

Then you have to consider the broader monetary FED policy of QE3 (pejoratively called QE-Forever) and how that will hurt the US dollar and keep the interest rates low for a while and how that effects housing.

Then you have to consider (as you always do) key economic fundamentals like unemployment rate, population demographics, inflation, interest rates, etc....

There has never been a time in our history where there are so many variables up in the air regarding housing prices and where they could go. It's all very complex,and it fascinates me.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Breaking news is breaking:

@Boston_Police Three additional suspects taken into custody in Marathon bombing case. Details to follow.

Doesnt say "arrests made", but interesting nonetheless.

On a follow up alert I can confirm that my friend has NOT received a call from Obama. More details incoming

Tell them to write a letter saying they're a black, gay, female, Unionized, Muslim, illegal alien, who was a victim of a gun crime, while demonstrating at a pro-choice rally, and that she's recently been denied food stamps.

Marine One will land at the door within the hour.

AIR_VH-71_EH101_Concept_lg.jpg

Last edited:

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
There's a ton of the above going on right now, but IMO it's been bad for long-term housing prices vis-a-vis supply and demand. Tons of people who want to sell, have not.

Then you have the wealthier people who are of the belief that it's a great time to buy a house due to the price collapse and the low interest rates, who are buying multiple houses and renting them out on the belief that house prices will move higher from here.

Then you have the opposite side of that coin where people think housing could still go lower, and they're waiting to see, and this is creating increased demand for rental properties, which have never been hotter.

Then you have to consider (as you always do) key economic fundamentals like unemployment rate, population demographics, inflation, interest rates, etc....

There has never been a time in our history where there are so many variables up in the air regarding housing prices and where they could go. It's all very complex,and it fascinates me.

I think there is a lot of people doing this too - creating a landlord revenue stream where they normally would not have gone into this business model.

Job uncertainty and stricter lending practices also is driving a lot of people to rent where they may have previously bought. It's harder to get approved, and it's scary to buy a home when you're on your 3rd job in 4 years even if you have a good wage.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Job uncertainty and stricter lending practices also is driving a lot of people to rent where they may have previously bought. It's harder to get approved, and it's scary to buy a home when you're on your 3rd job in 4 years even if you have a good wage.

That's a good point too. There's absolutely no job security right now unless you're a small business owner (i.e. self-employed) or have a government job.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I've been at the same place for the last 14 years. Am I lucky or cursed? I don't know?

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
One of the people arrested in Boston today is a Kazakhstan dude named Azamat.

Let the Borat jokes begin!

Two suspects taken into custody Wednesday in connection with the Boston Marathon bombings drove a car with “Terrorista #1″ license plates.

Azamat Tazhayakov and Dias Kadyrbayev were reportedly arrested Wednesday, according to the Boston Globe, along with one other person, for allegedly making false statements and obstructing justice

60633-27228.gif

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
how in the hell can someone get TERRORISTA on vanity plates but I can't get SHAT1 to go through?

I wanted "DEVILS" when I lived up in Vermont, and the state rejected it on religious grounds claiming it could be Satanic.

True story.

ohhhh. and every cop that saw this car drive by wasn't constantly pulling him over for a busted tail light?

*busted on the way up to the car window*

In Boston? You'd get fired for "racial profiling" quicker than you can say bleeding heart.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
If I put a fake plate on my car saying anything terrorist related other than implying I killed one, even here in Ohio a good stone's throw away from the terror targets I bet my car would be dented, spat on, towed and probably burned inside a week.

I don't know how he still had a car with plates like that.

New Jersey Devils

Doc & Chico Forever
Jun 20, 2007
NJ-NYC
So this guy hits and kills a pedestrian in Jersey City around 10 at night, and you would think the proper procedure would be for police to administer a sobriety test on the driver. But nope it wasn't done. Want to know why? The guy's a cop.

Pisses me the **** off.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Night fishing on the Delaware River tomorrow. Nice time of year to be out at night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad