OT: The Thread About Nothing Part 190: Terrorists, Wild Trout, Microbeers, and Stuff

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/26/karl-rove-bush-presidency_n_3162322.html

yeah, right up there with Lincoln

:laugh: :laugh:

4h4b51.jpg

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
EXCLUSIVE: Saudi Arabia 'warned the United States IN WRITING about Boston Bomber Tamerlan Tsarnaev in 2012'

*Saudis developed intelligence separately from Russia, which also warned the U.S. about the accused Boston bomber
*A letter to the Department of Homeland Security allegedly named Tsarnaev and three Pakistanis as potential jihadis worthy of U.S. investigation
*Red flags from Saudi Arabia to have included Tsarnaev's name and information about a planned explosive attack on a major U.S. city
*Saudi foreign minister, national security chief both met with Obama in the oval office in early 2013

Okay, so that now makes TWO foreign nations that warned the government about Tsarnaev. Any more? Do I hear three? Can I get a third?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-application-entry-visa-visit-Mecca-2011.html

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
This bits interesting too:

The Saudis' warning to the U.S. government was also shared with the British government.

I wonder if the British also warned the US about Tsarnaev, or if the Saudi warning was simultaneous to the Brits and US, article doesnt make clear.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Here's the thing, it IS 100% a double-standard.

If a gay male or gay female is allowed in a lockerroom with naked heterosexual men and women (which IS allowed), how is that any different from naked heterosexual men and women being mixed in the same lockerrooom (which is NOT allowed)?

See I agree. I think a gay guy in the locker room is weird. Maybe gay folk think differently then myself, but if I'm in a room with the naked women's soccer team, I either have to be blindfolded or those ladies are going to have accept that I will be checking them out. I don't see other options.

Does it not work the same with a gay guy who is in a locker room with chiseled athletes? I would think it would, but maybe I'm wrong.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
More frightening headlines for the economy today.

ADP payroll numbers for April are only 119k new jobs (expectations were 150k), and March continued the usual pattern of downward revisions (-27k).

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Does it not work the same with a gay guy who is in a locker room with chiseled athletes? I would think it would, but maybe I'm wrong.

Of course it does, gay people are human beings just like everyone else, hence why it's an obvious double-standard.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
See I agree. I think a gay guy in the locker room is weird. Maybe gay folk think differently then myself, but if I'm in a room with the naked women's soccer team, I either have to be blindfolded or those ladies are going to have accept that I will be checking them out. I don't see other options.

You're assuming everyone else is like you. They're not. Dudes are checkin' out dudes and girls are checking out girls - homo and hetero. Just because you're not doing it doesn't mean they aren't.

And news flash - if you've spent any decent amount of time playing sports and being in locker room - you've already been in there with a few gay people. Whether you knew it or not is another issue, and whether they are open about it another. Same thing at the gym, the beach, the pool, the bar, at work...

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
And news flash - if you've spent any decent amount of time playing sports and being in locker room - you've already been in there with a few gay people. Whether you knew it or not is another issue, and whether they are open about it another. Same thing at the gym, the beach, the pool, the bar, at work...

oh dear god!!! they're everywhere!!!! hide!!!!!!

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
You're assuming everyone else is like you. They're not. Dudes are checkin' out dudes and girls are checking out girls - homo and hetero. Just because you're not doing it doesn't mean they aren't.

Who cares though? Check me out! I'll even swing it for you if you like. How does that hurt me or anyone?

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Who cares though? Check me out! I'll even swing it for you if you like. How does that hurt me or anyone?

It's not about how many people care or how many people do not care.

Take that sentence above and enter a women's lockerroom with that attitude and see what your reception is.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007

I don't care. You have to accept it as part of life and move through it or stay home and hide from reality. Jim, I'm sure you would and I'm sure I wouldn't care one way or the other. After 30+ years of playing, hockey players have pretty much taken any shock factor out of the locker room. :laugh:

A friend of mine would walk out of the showers drying his hair and stand in front of whoever was bent over untying their skates or messing in their bag until that had to sit up and stare him right in the junk then he'd say "quit staring homo". I was victimized by that more than once and learned to beat him into the showers.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
after reading this through, I now understand that gay people are the most accepted sort in the nation. heck I might just come out myself to reap the benefits and rewards

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
It's not about how many people care or how many people do not care.

Take that sentence above and enter a women's lockerroom with that attitude and see what your reception is.

Seriously though, I've never really understood the "lockerroom controversy". From a team perspective, I never liked the idea an "outsider" being in the lockerroom. That is the inner sanctum of the team to me and shouldn't be open to many...But from a social aspect it seems completely illogical to be worrying about who is looking at you, especially one of your teammates. I don't know, I think we are to hung up on sexuality or its taboos...and these things, these controversy, just serve to stir up the insecurities in us for political reasons...Just my opinion.

Last edited:

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I don't care. You have to accept it as part of life and move through it or stay home and hide from reality. Jim, I'm sure you would and I'm sure I wouldn't care one way or the other. After 30+ years of playing, hockey players have pretty much taken any shock factor out of the locker room. :laugh:

A friend of mine would walk out of the showers drying his hair and stand in front of whoever was bent over untying their skates or messing in their bag until that had to sit up and stare him right in the junk then he'd say "quit staring homo". I was victimized by that more than once and learned to beat him into the showers.

I was on crutches one year...and you know the rubber padding on the top of the old wooden crutches? Take that off one time and look at it...

I was particularly found of using that pad to harass my lockerroom...That is all I will say.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
you and my buddy would get along fabulously. He's the one I was teaching to fly fish in that video last summer.

I haven't met a lot of people I don't get a long with on a personal level.

But some people are just more fun than others :)

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
New study out shows home ownership in America is at its lowest point since the mid-1990s (only 65%).

This is actually a fascinating economic data point to be pondered and extrapolated going forward.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
Considering the number of jobs the average person has now compared to 30, 40 years ago and drop in home values from housing collapse, I'm not surprised. People are on the move and can't get the big boost in equity like they once used to from buying a house and maintaining it vs. renting and job hopping to maximize their income then buying a home later in life when they slow down. I think this is a generational effect of not getting tied down.

Plus there's a lot of rental properties now that would have been sold if not for taking a huge hit in market value from the housing bubble collapse. I wanted to sell my townhouse 2 years ago but I lost $25k in market value from my purchase price and I already sunk $15k in improvements. No way I can recoup that right now so I rent instead and wait for the value to come back up a little while paying down the mortgage to a point I can get equity out when I do sell. It's a waiting game.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
home depot called, for those who remember. they explained what a unique case it was, and how a picture AND insurance card should def be ok. they offered to send that in writing, I declined. they asked if there was anything they could do to get mu business back, to which I said a follow up phone call was more than enough of a gesture. good on them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad