OT: The Thread About Nothing Part 190: Terrorists, Wild Trout, Microbeers, and Stuff

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
people have dry weddings? is your friend ned flanders?

I've only been to one dry wedding in my life, this guy I knew up in Vermont converted to be a Born Again Christian and didnt drink.

Funniest part? After the wedding his family was out in the parking let getting LOADED on shots from the back of an SUV.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
I've only been to one dry wedding in my life, this guy I knew up in Vermont converted to be a Born Again Christian and didnt drink.

Funniest part? After the wedding his family was out in the parking let getting LOADED on shots from the back of an SUV.

whats more selfish...... a dry wedding reception OR a wedding planned on a long weekend?

ive been invited to the latter once. (and i rightfully laughed and said....'ya, fat chance, have fun man')

(and yes i do realize the irony by being selfish with my attitude...do i care? nope)

New Jersey Devils

Doc & Chico Forever
Jun 20, 2007
NJ-NYC
Well, the article you linked says:

Yeah, but they're not going to investigate him directly for any wrongdoing.

He basically ran the law firm like the mafia. He lured other big name partners and attorneys to our firm by signing them to hefty contracts with guaranteed money. However, the work that they did, did not reflect how much they were earning.

For example, a partner could be on a guaranteed yearly salary of $3-4M/year, and would only do about a million worth of fees throughout the year.

I could go on and on about what went wrong over there, but that won't get me my bonus I was supposed to get :laugh:.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
whats more selfish...... a dry wedding reception OR a wedding planned on a long weekend?

ive been invited to the latter once. (and i rightfully laughed and said....'ya, fat chance, have fun man')

I've been to many long-weekend weddings, so it doesnt seem selfish to me it seems pretty normal. Fly in on Thursday night after work and drink, golf with the guys on Friday (and drink), wedding Saturday.

I though this was fairly common?

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Picked up some candy corn on clearance at WMT today for only 65¢ a bag (apparently the shelf life is only about 7 months).

The gf thinks I'm a freak, "who wants candy corn in May?".

Answer:

<------ THIS GUY!

Dec 10, 2008
NoDak now NYC area
So I wake up this morning and from my right elbow down through my hand it's all numb. That feeling like it's still "asleep."

Go to urgent care and the doc says all my feeling will come back but it could take 2 weeks. This is incredibly frustrating. No golf being the worst part..

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
I've been to many long-weekend weddings, so it doesnt seem selfish to me it seems pretty normal. Fly in on Thursday night after work and drink, golf with the guys on Friday (and drink), wedding Saturday.

I though this was fairly common?

im talking about the weddings that dont involve the golf on friday, etc. it the saturday afternoon only ones that pretty much handcuff people for the other days.

some people plan getaways long in advance for these weekends. its the wedding couple who think that "it's their day" that are the dicks.

go elope and spare me the bullsh.......................

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
Time to get serious analyzing horses for the Kentucky Derby.

my wife trained horses for a while and bets every year on the derby. She doesn't do any research except watch the parade as they come out and bets according to how they act. She cleans up usually with single horse or multi horse bets (will bet like $2 and $5 at a time throughout the day and end up winning $100-$200). She won't bet on any horse that's being jumpy, or totally calm though - she looks for a peppy hop and tail flipping or head shaking. She says they are feeling good but not nervous.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
my wife trained horses for a while and bets every year on the derby. She doesn't do any research except watch the parade as they come out and bets according to how they act. She cleans up usually with single horse or multi horse bets (will bet like $2 and $5 at a time throughout the day and end up winning $100-$200).

It's a ton of fun. I only bet the 3 Triple Crown races, but I bet them every year, attend Belmont every few years etc... I kindof employ a hedge fund type risk/reward strategy that works pretty well. I lose more often then I win that way, but when I do win it at least covers all the losses.

Anyone know an easy way to place a bet online?

This is actually sanctioned and legal.

http://www.twinspires.com/kyderby/V...erTIME&utm_content=site&utm_campaign=redirect

DatBoyJPP

Good Night
Jul 30, 2009
Blairstown
On a scale of 1-10 how rude is it to straight up not respond to a wedding invitation and pretend it got lost in the mail? Already had a discussion with some people and I'm doing it. Just curious how much of an ******* I'll come out from this not that I care because holding grudges is fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad