OT: The Thread About Nothing Part 190: Terrorists, Wild Trout, Microbeers, and Stuff

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

onefatsurfer

I speak in code
Feb 10, 2009
Jersey Shore
unfortunately, the bushings will technically kick me out of stock class. not that i'm trying to be competitive or anything. i'll probably just get my ass kicked every time running with people that have custom coilovers, headers, cold air intake, custom ECU's, etc.

or i'll just lie and say i'm in stock class since the performance advantage they give is really minimal. and since i'm using summer tires not racing slicks like the actually competitive people. and since i'm only "competing" locally

Last edited:

New Jersey Devils

Doc & Chico Forever
Jun 20, 2007
NJ-NYC
anigif_enhanced-buzz-17983-1367511820-10.gif

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I'm not usually one for adorable but...My buddy was leaving early this morning to go fishing and "Hailey" wanted to go also.

229759_10200926528822241_499233562_n_zps13303bc0.jpg

DatBoyJPP

Good Night
Jul 30, 2009
Blairstown
10...you have to rely on headcounts and pay per person, so it's extremely frustrating when people don't respond. The reply card is already stamped, how hard is it to right no and send it back? They've literally done all the work for you.

They've both been miserable people to me that cost me several friendships. I was also told I wasn't gonna be invited last summer. Best part is I literally made plans that weekend the day before the save the date which came out of left field. No idea even how they got my address.

Even who, **** em. **** all drama queens

cj225

Work in Progress...
Dec 6, 2006
NJ
They've both been miserable people to me that cost me several friendships. I was also told I wasn't gonna be invited last summer. Best part is I literally made plans that weekend the day before the save the date which came out of left field. No idea even how they got my address.

Even who, **** em. **** all drama queens

Well that's a different story...I would RSVP yes and then not show up so they have to pay for your plate!

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
The Alchemist in Waterbury, Hill Farmstead in Greensboro and Lawsons Finest in Warren.

It's seriously unbelievable stuff across the board. Hill Farmstead was voted "Best Brewery in the World" over at RateBeer.com this year.

http://www.hillfarmstead.com/

I've been to the Alchemist. Was just up in Warren a few months ago, but didnt have Lawson's, but from what I gather it sells out pretty quickly. Havent heard of Hills Farmstead.

There's another beer up there called Switchback Ale that's getting very popular. I had only had it in Vermont up until a few months ago when I saw it on tap in the Catskills. Wouldnt surprise me if they've made it down to Jersey by now.

EDIT:

And the next time I'm up in Burlington I'm going to check out Zero Gravity. Any microbrewpub that has brews SIX IPAs is all-right in my book.

http://americanflatbread.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/beer-list-2013-04-02.pdf

Last edited:

Baggy Spandex

The Nightman Cometh
Mar 5, 2008
Fake Rangerfanville
I've been to the Alchemist. Was just up in Warren a few months ago, but didnt have Lawson's, but from what I gather it sells out pretty quickly. Havent heard of Hills Farmstead.

There's another beer up there called Switchback Ale that's getting very popular. I had only had it in Vermont up until a few months ago when I saw it on tap in the Catskills. Wouldnt surprise me if they've made it down to Jersey by now.

EDIT:

And the next time I'm up in Burlington I'm going to check out Zero Gravity. Any microbrewpub that has brews SIX IPAs is all-right in my book.

http://americanflatbread.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/beer-list-2013-04-02.pdf

Switchback is gaining steam pretty quickly. It was pretty solid.

Hill Farmstead is without a doubt making the most amazing beer I've ever had. All sorts of styles too. Big fruity hopped double IPA's, wine/spirit barrel aged Saisons, bourbon barrel aged stouts etc. Next time you're up in Waterbury, stop at either Blackback Pub or Prohibition Pig. About 5 min drive from Alchemist and they're always pouring Lawsons/HF stuff.

If you're into IPA's/DIPA's, Hill Farmstead is where it's at. Lots of Citra/Galaxy hops.

Not one of them is rated below "world class" on BeerAdvocate either. It's pretty remarkable.

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/22511/?sort=styleA&view=beers

Scott04

Sep 13, 2010
New Jersey
Well that's a different story...I would RSVP yes and then not show up so they have to pay for your plate!

I can't speak for where that is on his list of options right now, but I know when I talked to him about this scenario in the past, that was definitely an option on the table. The fact another person supports it only shows its worth considering.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ

Baggy Spandex

The Nightman Cometh
Mar 5, 2008
Fake Rangerfanville
Do you know where can you get it in the western part of the state? Greensboro is kindof in the middle of nowhere, especially since I always stay in nw.VT with the gf's family.

Definitely Waterbury/Montpelier, not sure about further west than that. Burlington has some pubs that get the occasional keg or two as well.

Three Penny in Montpelier is also great.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Yea I've had like 5 bottles already, class was a nightmare

Price I gotta pay for 12 hours straight of drinking

Jim here's to the recovery process to be endured today

water-filter-cheers.jpg

Whaaaat? 12 hours? I'm too old for that kind of stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad