The team that tanked the most aggressively got Bedard.

canuckster19

Former CDC Mod
Sep 23, 2008
Gothenburg Sweden
People calling them a disgusting organization rub me the wrong way because I feel like they have handled it decently.

Yeah ok, this is exactly my point, barely anyone agrees with you outside of Blackhawks fans.

And the whining to the mods when other teams have had to endure your fans BS over the years is the icing on the cake, H-U-M-I-L-I-T-Y.

• Haha
Reactions: ChiHawks10

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Yeah ok, this is exactly my point, barely anyone agrees with you outside of Blackhawks fans.

And the whining to the mods when other teams have had to endure your fans BS over the years is the icing on the cake, H-U-M-I-L-I-T-Y.
What "fan BS" lol. Hawks fans barely post on the main forums and our board isn't even that big. No one is whining to the mods.

canuckster19

Former CDC Mod
Sep 23, 2008
Gothenburg Sweden
What "fan BS" lol. Hawks fans barely post on the main forums and our board isn't even that big. No one is whining to the mods.

Post 434

"2. The constant "rape" and "sexual assault" jokes that are vile, and disgusting, and were left to go on for far too long by mods. I'd argue that these people are more vile and disgusting than any single Hawks fan that"

• Haha

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
So what is the league going to do next year when 10 teams are competing to see how badly they can trash their rosters for 3/4 of the season ? There will still be a couple delusional management teams next year who wont tank. But still. Clearly tanking works. The harder the tank the better.

This idea that the lottery is preventing tanking is ridiculous.
Did tanking work for AZ?

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
Arizona was just as aggressive and they got 6th

its math and probability.... when they had the odds more spread out the Rangers won 2 lotteries as the 15th worst and 7th worst team. How was that better?
Arizona started the year off with a 14/game road trip.. they won at the start , and then went on a losing streak…. Their home record was better than some teams that made the playoffs.

as much as the a lot of the fans wanted them to lose.. they weren’t tanking. If they were tanking they would have kept Rick Toccet as the coach..

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Tanking in certain years definitely works. The worst the Hawks could do was 5th. That would put you in a great spot this year. Other years not so much.

GeeoffBrown

Jul 6, 2007
Fiddling with the lottery will not prevent tanking. If anything, if you reduce the certainty of a team's picks, they're gonna make up for that by getting more picks.

If you want to kill tanking, you could make a rule like you can't trade a player in the final year of their contract or you can't trade draft picks.

At the end of the day, someone will always finish in last place

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
How about the league quits rigging the lottery in favor of their little darlings. That would be a start

• Haha

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Post 434

"2. The constant "rape" and "sexual assault" jokes that are vile, and disgusting, and were left to go on for far too long by mods. I'd argue that these people are more vile and disgusting than any single Hawks fan that"

You're a sick person if you think rape jokes are acceptable. Yes, the Canucks live in my head, though. That single series win that they squeaked out by the skin of their teeth... just... ruined me. Despite the divine experience I had watching them blow a 3-0 series lead and fail to win the Cup, leading to fans deciding to burn their own city. Yep, they bother me a lot. :laugh:

This is the only response you'll get from me on any of your absolute nonsense in your posts. Enjoy it.

Last edited:

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
How about the league quits rigging the lottery in favor of their little darlings. That would be a start

You can not want a lottery but saying the 3rd worst team winning it is a “fix” doesn’t make it true. This is how lotteries work, one random teams win them. Them’s the breaks.

If the teams the NHL wanted to win actually won them then McDavid wouldn’t be Edmonton. They wouldn’t have won three previous lotteries either, causing the 2015 lottery rule change.

If you want to, you can make an argument that Chicago should have lost its 2023 1st over the Kyle Beach investigation in October 2021, since they already traded their 2022 1st in July 2022. That’s unrelated to how ping pong balls piss you off though, because they don’t care.

Reactions: AzHawk

Help

Can I help you?
Apr 8, 2011
HELP HELP HELP
chicago should be thanking their lucky stars for each individual W they put up. the difference between finishing 32nd and 30th proved to be very important

Ducks, conversely, should be lamenting each individual loss

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I swear if I hear "everyone got fired" one more time I'm going to go crazy. Some of your Blackhawks buddies have compared this to Penn State, who got absolutely shithoused in penalties and fines after it became clear what they did.

What doesn't make any sense is thinking that firing the people who did the thing (which is already a positive for you, even though you had to be made to do it) is enough for an organization to learn a lesson.

Thats just dumb then. Penn State was 1000x worse.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
You can not want a lottery but saying the 3rd worst team winning it is a “fix” doesn’t make it true. This is how lotteries work, one random teams win them. Them’s the breaks.

If the teams the NHL wanted to win actually won them then McDavid wouldn’t be Edmonton. They wouldn’t have won three previous lotteries either, causing the 2015 lottery rule change.

If you want to, you can make an argument that Chicago should have lost its 2023 1st over the Kyle Beach investigation in October 2021, since they already traded their 2022 1st in July 2022. That’s unrelated to how ping pong balls piss you off though, because they don’t care.
The hawks always move up in the lottery against all massive odds. The league knows if they don’t put a winning team in Chicago the fickle know nothing fans there won’t buy 1500 seats a game.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
It’s just depressing seeing a generational talent go to such a garbage organization under the same shitty owner. Poor Bedard.

Garbage org? Its the Blackhawks were talking about... not Arizona.

Shitty owner? ¸Weird flex but OK.

As a Hawks fan I'm going to be completely honest.... I'm loving the taste of everyone's tears.

Last couple days have been pretty sweet.

Guttersniped

Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Fiddling with the lottery will not prevent tanking. If anything, if you reduce the certainty of a team's picks, they're gonna make up for that by getting more picks.

If you want to kill tanking, you could make a rule like you can't trade a player in the final year of their contract or you can't trade draft picks.

At the end of the day, someone will always finish in last place

You can’t game the system by getting other teams picks, a team can only win the lottery twice in five years. The lottery rule applies to the team who uses the pick, not the pick’s original team.

The new rules are actually meant to help bad teams by eliminating the number of lottery teams and lottery picks.

You can “tank forever” if by tank, you mean lose. Half the teams in the NHL don’t make the playoffs.

The NHL just don’t want some teams to be very lucky and get several lottery picks while everyone gets pissy about getting none. It’s already happened and that’s what the new rules are meant to stop (better than the 2015 rule changes did).

If a team wants to get a pick by being the worst team in the NHL no one can stop them, they’re picking at least 3OA.

The tanking the lottery stopped was team basically throwing games because worst games guaranteed the best player in the draft. Now it doesn’t.

The message the NHL wants is late a late random win won’t kill your terrible teams’ drafting spot because of the lottery so enjoy it. Bad teams will be bad and rebuilding can actually speed up the process of acquiring new talent for the future.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Come to think of it, maybe it was Serevalli who tipped Weekesy off!!!

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
All these big market American teams keep cashing in on the lottery. Its amusing how hard some deny that the league has been tipping the scale in their favor recently. So many have known this was going to be the outcome since midseason or beyond. Glad I didn't waste my time watching that farcical lottery bull shit show.
Congrats Chicago for being a big market city, that had more to do with this outcome than your pathetic tank of a season.
What?

The previous 10 teams to win the lottery:

Montreal 22'
Buffalo 21'
NY Rangers 20'
NJ 19'
Buffalo 18'
NJ 17'
Toronto 16'
Edmonton 15'
Florida 14'
Colorado 13'

The only big market American team to win the lottery in the past 10 years prior to Chicago is the Rangers. Maybe Buffalo, too?

JoelWarlord

May 7, 2012
Halifax
The odds only really incentivize tanking ultra hard if you can guarantee 32nd place as that's the only spot you get genuinely rewarded for all the damage you do to your organization. It is what it is, someone is going to have to finish 32nd and teams are always going to punt on some seasons even if they reworked the lottery to be less tied to the finishing position.

I don't think I'd use this year as an indication that teams will just ultra tank every year in the future either. This year is a pretty unique case with a potentially generational talent at #1, and three other players in Fantilli, Michkov, and Carlsson who could be #1 overall picks in a typical draft year.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
All teams should be entered in the lottery and given equal chances. Hire an air tight 3rd party to run the lottery and make it as fully transparent as possible. The end

Guttersniped

Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
The hawks always move up in the lottery against all massive odds. The league knows if they don’t put a winning team in Chicago the fickle know nothing fans there won’t buy 1500 seats a game.

1D9A669E-14D5-4845-9F2B-434269A939EB.jpeg
668B1FCB-624D-4CBD-9486-0881CC802E37.jpeg

And

F1CEE57D-FEE7-4404-A2C6-2AD935AF51BB.jpeg

And

31078C9A-EB54-454E-A255-8604F2DC5FE8.jpeg

Just because someone is more likely to win doesn’t mean they will. That’s how lotteries work. You’re making my teeth hurt with your logic.

Reactions: AzHawk

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad