The Tank Megathread | 8 | The Tank Awakens

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
I'm flabbergasted these idiots haven't started selling yet. 2 weeks ago we sucked since then we've lost Edler our #1 D and Sutter whose a capable 3C at worst. How are we even considering not selling yet?? Trade Hammer, Vrbata and Vey if we can.

Hopefully we can get lucky in lottery and at worst get the 3rd pick and take one of the Finns. Then we convince Stammer to sign 7x9.5 per. All that would be left is build a D corpse but we'd already have a decent core just needing a top 4 RHD and bottom pair RHD.

Sedin Sedin Burrows
McCann Stamkos Laine/PuljuJarvi
Baertschi Horvat Hansen
Dorsett Sutter Etem

Edler Tanev
Hutton ?????
Sbisa ?????

Miller
Markstrom

This group could compete depending on who that top 4 RHD we could get.

why would stamkos want to come here? One day the fanbase got to accept that there are no shortcuts to a rebuild, once you have identified that you have a solid core, then you can sign your Hossa or trade for your Carters to expedite your chances. Overpaying for Stamkos before we have a solid core is money wasted. We need that top 7 pick this draft, ideally win and get one of the Finns, and then find a way to get a #1 D next draft before we can speak of a rebuild like the ones the pens hawks and kings did. I get a feeling Chychrun and juolevi are not the franchise D that a lot of us are hoping for.

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
Calgary Arizona is a huge game for us. Please be another 3 point game

ginner classic

Dammit Jim!
Mar 4, 2002
Douglas Park
I'm flabbergasted these idiots haven't started selling yet. 2 weeks ago we sucked since then we've lost Edler our #1 D and Sutter whose a capable 3C at worst. How are we even considering not selling yet?? Trade Hammer, Vrbata and Vey if we can.

Hopefully we can get lucky in lottery and at worst get the 3rd pick and take one of the Finns. Then we convince Stammer to sign 7x9.5 per. All that would be left is build a D corpse but we'd already have a decent core just needing a top 4 RHD and bottom pair RHD.

Sedin Sedin Burrows
McCann Stamkos Laine/PuljuJarvi
Baertschi Horvat Hansen
Dorsett Sutter Etem

Edler Tanev
Hutton ?????
Sbisa ?????

Miller
Markstrom

This group could compete depending on who that top 4 RHD we could get.

Considering there are no rhd available to trade for and signing stamkos would leave no cap space....you would be left with one of the very worst group of defenders in the league for a long time to come.

coldsteel79

Sep 28, 2015
sask
Why are you in this thread? Weren't you the one complaint about pro tankers in the Anti tank thread?

Why not?
I don't care if pro tankers post in the anti tank thread I'd just like that thread to stay on topic and not get derailed. As much as I defend the team I'm not against missing the playoffs and trying to get some picks

dwarf

Feb 13, 2007
Victoria, B.C.
I am watching Roland Mckeown tonight, and what a solid Dman with great offensive potential.

I am still choked we traded that second for Vey. :(

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
I am watching Roland Mckeown tonight, and what a solid Dman with great offensive potential.

lol, here we go again.

Remember when Damon Severson was latest great pick missed by the Canucks, he regressed this season.

Nick Lang

May 14, 2015

He is brutal, he'll never play in the NHL.

hahahahaahahaah

just garbage lol

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Pierre LeBrun of ESPN: The days of getting a first round draft pick for rentals may be over.
“There’s no chance you’re seeing first-round picks go out for rental players this year,†one Western Conference hockey executive said Tuesday. “Those days are over.â€

http://mynhltraderumors.com/dan-hamhuis-dennis-wideman-rental-prices-waivers/2016/02/11/

Bleck, just our luck. A decade of mostly-bad deadline rentals at inflated prices and when we are finally in the opposite position of cashing in on some UFA's-to-be, the market crashes ...

a Fool

Emperor has no picks
Mar 14, 2014
Pierre LeBrun of ESPN: The days of getting a first round draft pick for rentals may be over.
“There’s no chance you’re seeing first-round picks go out for rental players this year,†one Western Conference hockey executive said Tuesday. “Those days are over.â€

Bleck, just our luck. A decade of mostly-bad deadline rentals at inflated prices and when we are finally in the opposite position of cashing in on some UFA's-to-be, the market crashes ...

I'll believe it when I see it. The pressure to win can make people do crazy things. Hopefully that "Western Conference Executive" isn't Benning :laugh:

hellstick

Nov 2, 2006
Abbotsford
The value of players on entry level deals in a salary cap game... We'll see what happens on the trade deadline. Just over two weeks away.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
I'll believe it when I see it. The pressure to win can make people do crazy things. Hopefully that "Western Conference Executive" isn't Benning :laugh:

I hope so but Lebrun is usually on the pulse of the league, plus Benning's never-say-die push for playoffs has me keeping my expectations low. Jesus to think we once gave up a high second for Eric frickin Weinrich and we may not get anything for a guy who was an Olympian just 2 years ago. Sickening ...

NucksRuleYep

Feb 19, 2013
LOL I love it. Tonight Arizona, Nashville, Colorado, Buffalo and Carolina all picking up points.

YEH BABEEYYY!!! Go Tank! Anti-tankers must not be toooo happy

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
LOL I love it. Tonight Arizona, Nashville, Colorado, Buffalo and Carolina all picking up points.

YEH BABEEYYY!!! Go Tank! Anti-tankers must not be toooo happy

Only the wins by ARI and BUF really 'help' the tank. And the latter only marginally so. Not sure why this seems more significant to you?

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
Only the wins by ARI and BUF really 'help' the tank. And the latter only marginally so. Not sure why this seems more significant to you?

To be fair, there's really not much to get excited about if you're a Canucks fan. Let the man enjoy this small victory.

dwarf

Feb 13, 2007
Victoria, B.C.
Well we have ran into two tanking teams and should also beat Toronto tomorrow.

Thankfully, I can see potentially losing the next 6 straight after that.

That should make things very clear to everyone in the entire hockey universe, that the Canucks should sell.

:handclap:

Killer Orcas

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Considering there are no rhd available to trade for and signing stamkos would leave no cap space....you would be left with one of the very worst group of defenders in the league for a long time to come.

Yes it would be a tough year on back end but Edler, Tanev and Hutton is nothing to sneeze at. Biega, Sbisa and all would have to play better. However in 2017 the UFA class has options so if we could get through one year we'd have chance at signing one of Brent Burns, Shattenkirk or go after one of Hedman or Alzner who are LH though. We lose Miller's and Burrows 10.5 mil cap hit in 2017 as well.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC

Well who knows what the next 28 games hold in store so as a general rule "all wins" by teams in and around us is a "good thing". Whether it ultimately matters or not won't be known for some time.

Skirbs1011

May 18, 2015

Nashville and Colorado help as well as they are the 2 teams we are chasing for a playoff spot. Farther they move ahead of us the better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad