The Tank Megathread | 8 | The Tank Awakens

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

banme*

Jun 7, 2014
I'd definitely be hoping we try to pry Nichushkin or Honka out of Dallas for someone like Hamhuis or Vrbata (or both!). I'd even move Edler for Honka if need be.

Hamhuis + Vrbata wouldn't get you Nichushkin or Honka.

canucks20

Oct 12, 2009
And we are adding. Jesus christ how dumb is Benning. This makes me want to hate this team

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
And we are adding. Jesus christ how dumb is Benning. This makes me want to hate this team

It's gotta be ownership or "Trev". We're just going to turn into the once mediocre Calgary Flames. Keeping vets long past when we should, spending picks on veteran players, just missing the playoffs and picking mid first round, never able to acquire that stud young player until we actually finish top 5 and just never able to get over the hump until we actually rebuild the right way. It's going to happen. Buckle up for a good 5-10 years of this ****

Knight53

#6 #9 #17 #35 #40 #43
Jun 23, 2015
Vancouver
Wtf is wrong with this fanbase?! 2 points out of playoffs and you're angry about a win?

You really want to lose games on purpose to pick 8th instead of 15th?
You can still reach the playoffs easily but you'd rather lose?

If you're 28th in the standings, I'd unterstand the wish to finish lower, but not in the situation right now...
Damn, anything can happen in the playoffs!
As if picking Sergachev at #7 instead of Juolevi at #14 would garantee you any kind of success in the future.
Would be a shame for Hockey if every team not in the top 10 would think that way.
/rant

I'd rather watch a 30 minute draft lottery show where this garbage franchise gets 3 shots at a game-changing talent rather than sneaking into a wild card spot, waltzing into L.A or Chicago getting bent over and slapped acrossed the cheeks, having our dumb**** of a coach probably scratch McCann/Virtanen and play grinders as much as the Sedins.

This has been a putrid season to watch, would be a waste if we draft 15 or below and draft another "alright prospect". Not sell any of our expiring contracts..... can't even think about it pisses me the **** right off.

Tobi Wan Kenobi

May 25, 2011
Vancouver
These last two wins have pretty much devastated our tanking chances. We have to lose 4 of 5 in order for us to be sellers and even than it could go either way.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Of course they will add at this point. Playoffs was one of the major things they use to judge the success of the season. It was never a playoffs would be nice season. They are at the cap and specifically made trades and signings to make the team better. I fully expect to see Hamhuis remain a Canuck. Not sure on Vrbats but it also wouldn't surprise me. I also think he'd move Shinkaruk and Gaunce to make those additions given they seem to be call up afterthoughts of late.

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas
These last two wins have pretty much devastated our tanking chances. We have to lose 4 of 5 in order for us to be sellers and even than it could go either way.

We were never going to get Matthews, we aren't bad enough...we suck but we don't Oilers/Leafs suck. Our only hope is to finish bottom 3-5 and by some miracle win the lottery.

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
Of course they will add at this point. Playoffs was one of the major things they use to judge the success of the season. It was never a playoffs would be nice season. They are at the cap and specifically made trades and signings to make the team better. I fully expect to see Hamhuis remain a Canuck. Not sure on Vrbats but it also wouldn't surprise me. I also think he'd move Shinkaruk and Gaunce to make those additions given they seem to be call up afterthoughts of late.

If they move Shinkaruk for a rental or even a veteran in general I'm done.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
http://www.tsn.ca/canucks-benning-no-plans-to-sell-at-deadline-1.436777

We're stuck in mediocrity!

Imagine if we're still close after 5-6 games....:facepalm: so long draft picks...

Its getting to a point where this needs to happen.... only to see it blow up in his face and get fired.

If he does something that ****ing stupid he will lose his job. Period. We are not making the playoffs. If Benning gives away assets for a rental then we miss the playoffs, the fans will be absolutely ruthless.

DS7

Oct 9, 2013
Vancouver, BC
“We’re going to see where we’re at in the next five or six games, but I would even look to add if we can to make our team better so we can compete for a playoff spot.â€

dfaTFNg.gif

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
The most painful part of all this is going to be having to watch teams like Calgary, Edmonton, Toronto, Winnipeg etc acquire more franchise changing elite talent while this team settles for an 'okay' prospect. It's torture.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Benning is so stupid he will probably trade our first for Loui Ericsson.

The guy is one concussion away from retirement.

:facepalm:

M2Beezy

Love ya Grubster
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Oh my ****...no words.

I'm going to be completely livid if we buy whatsoever. Guess it's up to seeing how the next 5-6 games go.

Yeah maybe trade Subban and a 2nd for Kris Russell :laugh:

The guy on the radio who interviewed Benning said the canucks should go for the playoffs cause if they get a wildcard theyll pick 16th or so and get some playoffs revenues but if we miss the playoffs we will get like 13th or 14th pick anyways also said theres no way we get Matthews. Whats he mean why cant we get Matthews? Why not tank all the way? Get Laine or Pulljarvis?

a Fool

Emperor has no picks
Mar 14, 2014
Get ready for stuff like Kenins + 3rd for Matt Read if we win any more games. Benning will have cap space to burn if Edler or Sutter go on LTIR.

Bonham

Nov 24, 2008
Victoria, BC
Not really surprising, looking forward to it all blowing up in his face. Should make for a good summer summit if nothing else.

So we're faced with the prospect of either just squeaking into the playoffs only to be destroyed by Chicago or LA in four games, or just missing out and potentially winding up in a mediocre position in the draft. Also possibly trading futures to add to the roster rather than shipping out dead weight.

Whelp...

Knight53

#6 #9 #17 #35 #40 #43
Jun 23, 2015
Vancouver
Watch calgary sell off
Watch Winnipeg sell off
Watch Philly sell off
Watch Yotes sell off

Watch Benning trade picks for depth players, that Columbus 2nd is dealt probably. Praying too god Florida trades for Ladd before Benning even realizes it's the month of February.

This team is going to get buried in the month of March, no way they make the playoffs. They have bottom team stats, is this ownership so shortsighted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad