The Tank Megathread | 8 | The Tank Awakens

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

banme*

Jun 7, 2014
Wtf is wrong with this fanbase?! 2 points out of playoffs and you're angry about a win?

You really want to lose games on purpose to pick 8th instead of 15th?
You can still reach the playoffs easily but you'd rather lose?

If you're 28th in the standings, I'd unterstand the wish to finish lower, but not in the situation right now...
Damn, anything can happen in the playoffs!
As if picking Sergachev at #7 instead of Juolevi at #14 would garantee you any kind of success in the future.
Would be a shame for Hockey if every team not in the top 10 would think that way.
/rant

It sucks.

Cquant

May 14, 2015
I don't see Juolevi or Sergachev going past 10. If we end up finishing anywhere between 10-15, we are picking a forward in my opinion. Hence it does kind of matter long term.

BerSTUzzi

Jan 24, 2006
Kamloops
There must be some magical powers at work because our defensive coverage has to be the worst I've seen it since the 96-99 era. I don't even know how it is possible we are even involved in some of these games.

Oh well at least Virtanen scored then followed by playing 6 minutes more ice time because the Vey line was so special.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Remember when Bernier was on fire for part of a year and the Leafs were winning and everyone saying it'll end at some point? We're the Leafs right now. Markstrom and Miller have been playing well and saving the team somewhat. But even with that play it's a 1.00 point pace team. From my view they were outplayed by a good margin last night and were lucky to get any points let alone 2. The play wasn't much different than the play that resulted in losing 4 in a row. People look and see 2 wins in a row and forget about the 4 previous losses.

BerSTUzzi

Jan 24, 2006
Kamloops
Remember when Bernier was on fire for part of a year and the Leafs were winning and everyone saying it'll end at some point? We're the Leafs right now. Markstrom and Miller have been playing well and saving the team somewhat. But even with that play it's a 1.00 point pace team. From my view they were outplayed by a good margin last night and were lucky to get any points let alone 2. The play wasn't much different than the play that resulted in losing 4 in a row. People look and see 2 wins in a row and forget about the 4 previous losses.

The problem is WHEN this parade is about to crash and it looks like March. The timing of our schedule for the NHL TD is horrific for a team that needs to dump to get better.

March

NYI
SJ x 4
LA
ARI
NSH x 2
WPG x 2
STL x 2
CHI

tantalum

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
The problem is WHEN this parade is about to crash and it looks like March. The timing of our schedule for the NHL TD is horrific for a team that needs to dump to get better.

March

NYI
SJ x 4
LA
ARI
NSH x 2
WPG x 2
STL x 2
CHI

Well they need to make the decisions to pull the plug with knowing that. They need to get assets back for Hamhuis and Vrbata. If they do and still squeak in then so be it, but they should very much be in sell mode.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Wtf is wrong with this fanbase?! 2 points out of playoffs and you're angry about a win?

If you're 28th in the standings, I'd unterstand the wish to finish lower, but not in the situation right now...
As if picking Sergachev at #7 instead of Juolevi at #14 would garantee you any kind of success in the future.
Would be a shame for Hockey if every team not in the top 10 would think that way.
/rant

You seem new. All of the above has been covered in *excruciating* detail over the last few months. You'll find answers to all your "objections" there. Until then there is a lovely anti-tank thread that you may find more to your tastes than this one.

Sincerely,

Pro Tank Management

"Losing games today for a brighter future"

tantalum

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
For the record I'm not angry about a win. I enjoy watching the team win. However, I don't like what a win seemingly says to the management of this team. To squeak into the playoffs shouldn't be the goal of this management team right now. Everything points to management waiting and seeing what will happen the next week or two before making decisions. The decision should already be made that they need to get assets back for pending UFAs and spare parts.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Anyone who thinks the Canucks are going to buy a vet (27 or over) at the deadline does not understand Benning.

In all likelihood, Benning will NOT be a buyer at the deadline. If Benning DOES buy at the deadline, it will be for a guy aged between 20-24......either a very good young player that can help us now and in the future, or a talented promising prospect that hasn't quite lived up to expectations (i.e. Baertschi, Etem, etc.).

My prediction is that the Canucks don't end up moving Hamhuis at all, unless they make a trade for a young Top 4 defenseman in an independent deal.

If the Canucks are out of playoff contention in a few weeks, I think they'll move Vrbata, and will once again try and move Higgins/Prust for whatever.
The thing I worry about is that he'll trade for a 24 year old project with question-marks who is somewhat serviceable now, while trading picks back the other way in order to do it.

banme*

Jun 7, 2014
You seem new. All of the above has been covered in *excruciating* detail over the last few months. You'll find answers to all your "objections" there. Until then there is a lovely anti-tank thread that you may find more to your tastes than this one.

Sincerely,

Pro Tank Management

Don't think he's a canuck fan homie.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
We're going to be a .500 team for another decade. Automatic loss coming up anyway since we never win three in a row.

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
For the record I'm not angry about a win. I enjoy watching the team win. However, I don't like what a win seemingly says to the management of this team. To squeak into the playoffs shouldn't be the goal of this management team right now. Everything points to management waiting and seeing what will happen the next week or two before making decisions. The decision should already be made that they need to get assets back for pending UFAs and spare parts.

Completely agreed.

The management should have seen enough to know what they have, where they sit in the true contending shape of things, and what needs to be done.

Manage assets and keep getting younger. Like they would miss Vrbata, his 1 goal in 18 games and his uber soft perimeter game? They won last night without Edler. Some of their best efforts have been with some regulars out and relying on youth.

You still trade your UFAs, plan for the future, and compete with the remaining crew.

y2kcanucks

Better than you
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC

/rant

Nothing is wrong with this fan base. We're just not interested in another crappy draft pick because we snuck into the playoffs and got slaughtered in round 1 by a real team.

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver

I am more scared what a win says about a management team I find to be incomeptent. I Enjoy lots about the team in general from when the kids do well to how good the Sedins still are. But scared to death of management.

Sincerely,

Pro Tank Management

I really like the slogan.

tantalum

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
I am more scared what a win says about a management team I find to be incomeptent. I Enjoy lots about the team in general from when the kids do well to how good the Sedins still are. But scared to death of management.

Yep.

Desai87

Mar 27, 2008
Won 2 pointless gameS. Only positive was that the kids got points.

Trading Hamhuis and Vrbata plus a top 6 pick is much better then making the playoffs. Funny thing IS we will PROBABLY do neither. They might not trade both and we will miss the playoffs.

The poster that said what is wrong with this fan base, they are 2 points out but they won vs Coyotes and Colorado. They have games left vs hard teams and will lose those games so will probably end up picking 7-14. Even if they somehow get in the playoffs, they will lose. We have watched this team all year. They cant win a 7 game series vs an inferior opponent. We were supposed to beat the Flames last year and lost to them too.

Last edited:

tantalum

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Rumours are Dallas are OK with moving Nichushkin and/or Honka for a "big fish" or Nemeth, Oleksiak or Jokipakka for a smaller fish. From Stars beat writer Mike Heika. He mentions he'd like to see someone like Burns or Edler on the Stars but doubts they'd be moved. So for fun would you for Nichushkin and/or Honka?

KeninsFan

Fire Benning already
Feb 6, 2012

If you're hoping to get rid of management then we'd be better off if Benning went all out for the playoffs.

Benning stands pat and misses the playoffs = excuses about injuries
Benning sells = one more year because management is rebuilding and that was the plan all along :sarcasm:
Benning buys and playoffs = Aquaman happy
Benning buys and misses playoffs = everyone unhappy

y2kcanucks

Better than you
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Rumours are Dallas are OK with moving Nichushkin and/or Honka for a "big fish" or Nemeth, Oleksiak or Jokipakka for a smaller fish. From Stars beat writer Mike Heika. He mentions he'd like to see someone like Burns or Edler on the Stars but doubts they'd be moved. So for fun would you for Nichushkin and/or Honka?

I'd definitely be hoping we try to pry Nichushkin or Honka out of Dallas for someone like Hamhuis or Vrbata (or both!). I'd even move Edler for Honka if need be.

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
If you're hoping to get rid of management then we'd be better off if Benning went all out for the playoffs.

Benning stands pat and misses the playoffs = excuses about injuries
Benning sells = one more year because management is rebuilding and that was the plan all along :sarcasm:
Benning buys and playoffs = Aquaman happy
Benning buys and misses playoffs = everyone unhappy

Pretty sure Benning gets a one more year, so I am not too concerned. Two misses of the playoffs is about as much as I think you get with Aqualini.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad