The Tank Megathread | 8 | The Tank Awakens

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Actually I think the only saving grace is that we are so pressed up against the cap due to his idiotic mismanagement of the cap that it's likely not even possible.

But I don't think he'll end up selling our pending FA's which is stupid.
Lol ok then, these kind made up thoughts will only make yourself feel worse.

Evolu7ion

#firelindenning
Sep 20, 2010
Victoria, BC
Alright well that's it. **** this ****, I'm out for awhile. It's too god damn painful to watch this management and ownership group piss away the future by failing to rebuild to contender status while the window to do so remains open just a crack, all for a chance at getting swept in the first round and collecting a few more dollars in revenue. I refuse to play victim to that ****. So eff the Aquilini group and its first round revenue gate, eff Benning and his inability to possess long range vision and see the bigger picture. I'm going into hibernation mode, and will return when this franchise pulls its head out of its ass and starts making moves with the primary objective to win a Stanley Cup. I'm not giving up, I'm putting things on hold because of the passion I have for this team, and the disgrace the management and ownership group has brought to the franchise. Life is too short to waste energy on dumb **** like the circus act Benning and Acquilini are pulling. Hopefully things turn around soon, but until then the dark days continue, and while the fire I've got for this team will never die, it's down to embers until the franchise puts winning a cup first.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Alright well that's it. **** this ****, I'm out for awhile. It's too god damn painful to watch this management and ownership group piss away the future by failing to rebuild to contender status while the window to do so remains open just a crack, all for a chance at getting swept in the first round and collecting a few more dollars in revenue. I refuse to play victim to that ****. So eff the Aquilini group and its first round revenue gate, eff Benning and his inability to possess long range vision and see the bigger picture. I'm going into hibernation mode, and will return when this franchise pulls its head out of its ass and starts making moves with the primary objective to win a Stanley Cup. I'm not giving up, I'm putting things on hold because of the passion I have for this team, and the disgrace the management and ownership group has brought to the franchise. Life is too short to waste energy on dumb **** like the circus act Benning and Acquilini are pulling. Hopefully things turn around soon, but until then the dark days continue, and while the fire I've got for this team will never die, it's down to embers until the franchise puts winning a cup first.
Ok then, cya on Saturday

Bobby Digital

Jun 15, 2006

This is exactly why I stopped watching or spending any money on this team. Thier #1 priority isn't to win the Stanley Cup and until it is I'm done with them. I've mabey watched 2 periods of this team this year and that was only because it was on at a restaurant lmao.

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..

You have more self control than I do. There's somewhat of an enjoyment at watching this team implode and at the same time, the mediocrity is driving me off the wall nuts... I'd love to be able to put myself in a place where I'm not checking what's going on with the Canucks or have the score app pop up on my phone, but it's just impossible. This damn franchise has had me hooked for years and years. I guess I gotta stay mediocre with the ship...

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
This is exactly why I stopped watching or spending any money on this team. Thier #1 priority isn't to win the Stanley Cup and until it is I'm done with them. I've mabey watched 2 periods of this team this year and that was only because it was on at a restaurant lmao.

Not to start a fight or anything but....
I think fans like you is the reason why some owners think the market can't handle a full build.
For example most of the leafs fans still support their team despite being a garbage hopeless team for half a decade.

Yossarian54

Oct 12, 2011
Perth, WA
The good news I guess is that we have games against Minnesota and Colorado coming up before the deadline.

Those are really shaping up to be 'must lose' games if ownership and management are going to potentially weigh a buy/sell decision right up to the deadline.

The Wild and Preds have really shat the bed here (1-7-2 for the Wild!) in terms of our tank.

Uhmkay

Tryamkin = New Chara
Dec 11, 2006
Vancouver
I think we need to trade some of these kids so we can tank better.... they're really hindering this effort.

The Drop

Rain Drop, Drop Top
Jul 12, 2015
Vancouver
I think we need to trade some of these kids so we can tank better.... they're really hindering this effort.

I like how you posted this twice because you think it's clever. :laugh:

Vey, Etem, Baertschi, Virtanen, McCann

Ya those guys def have future cup champs written all over them.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
I can picture it now :badidea::badidea:

We make it into the playoffs, and we face LA in the first round.

We get swept handedly, and Lucic has a Monster series.

Benning in turn Signs Lucic in the off-season to some ridiculously stupid contract......
Lets say 7 years $60 million and he fails to score 10 in a season ever again.

I can actually picturing this happening.

:baghead:

Uhmkay

Tryamkin = New Chara
Dec 11, 2006
Vancouver
I like how you posted this twice because you think it's clever. :laugh:

Vey, Etem, Baertschi, Virtanen, McCann

Ya those guys def have future cup champs written all over them.

No, i actually posted it in the wrong thread the first time because I'm NOT clever. :)

MISC*

Stop complaining and manage your expectations

We wont get Matthews

We wont get Laine.

We wont get a top 5 pick.

We will get a pick from 7-14.

THAT is our reality.

Manage your expectations and control your feelings

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Should have traded for Phaneuf. Guy knows how to tank.

Anyone but Virtanen scores that first goal and I'm pissed but I can't root against the kid. Hansen and that stupid bounce can **** off though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad