The Tank Megathread | 8 | The Tank Awakens

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Stop complaining and manage your expectations

We wont get Matthews

We wont get Laine.

We wont get a top 5 pick.

We will get a pick from 7-14.

THAT is our reality.

Manage your expectations and control your feelings

Future is wide open guy ...

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015

We wont get Matthews

We wont get Laine.

THAT is our reality.

Not true we could win the Lottery:handclap:

Bobby Digital

Jun 15, 2006
Not to start a fight or anything but....
I think fans like you is the reason why some owners think the market can't handle a full build.
For example most of the leafs fans still support their team despite being a garbage hopeless team for half a decade.

If we started rebuilding properly than I'd spend my money on them no problem. But I'm not spending my money and supporting this garbage product. Its the only way I can show them that I dont support what this current management and ownership is doing atm. But keep in mind I'm someone who's wanted a rebuild since the SJ Sharks sweep. So I'm way past my breaking point.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado

We wont get Matthews

We wont get Laine.

THAT is our reality.

Nope Benning trades our 1st at the deadline

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
A team with Edler, Tanev, Sedins and Miller/Marky wont finish low enough for a top 5. The bottom 5 teams are terrible.

We don't have Edler.

Sedins have been ice cold for weeks.

I wish Miller played every game.

Tanev and Marky are good though.

Besides there is a number in between 5 and 7 that you forgot :grin:

MISC*

Nope Benning trades our 1st at the deadline

Hes not gonna.

Its the same song and dance everywhere. We have a bad team. Not horrible. Just bad.

Expecting a team with our players to land botton 5 is just setting yourself (not your per se) for emotional torture.

It is what it is. We have no control overt the team we ice or if they win or lose.

Looks like we are heading for pick bten 7-14. Talk about that. Not about an imaginary world where we are in last and we have a chance at Matthews.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Hes not gonna.

Its the same song and dance everywhere. We have a bad team. Not horrible. Just bad.

Expecting a team with our players to land botton 5 is just setting yourself (not your per se) for emotional torture.

It is what it is. We have no control overt the team we ice or if they win or lose.

Looks like we are heading for pick bten 7-14. Talk about that. Not about an imaginary world where we are in last and we have a chance at Matthews.

I am not as concerned about where we pick.

I just want Benning to trade Vrbata and Hamhuis. It's time to do some damn asset management for once is his life.

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
I can picture it now :badidea::badidea:

We make it into the playoffs, and we face LA in the first round.

We get swept handedly, and Lucic has a Monster series.

Benning in turn Signs Lucic in the off-season to some ridiculously stupid contract......
Lets say 7 years $60 million and he fails to score 10 in a season ever again.

I can actually picturing this happening.

:baghead:

I can't. Lucic has made it abundantly clear he wants to retire a King.

MISC*

I am not as concerned about where we pick.

I just want Benning to trade Vrbata and Hamhuis. It's time to do some damn asset management for once is his life.

We all do but ownership may have different ideas. Its possible his (Bennings) hands are tied too.

Every team wants to win the cup. I have no doubt that hes getting calls for Hamhuis. He just might not have the authority to trade him. Maybe Hammer wont lift his NTC. Maybe he will. Maybe a deals done. Maybe theyll extend him.

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
We all do but ownership may have different ideas. Its possible his (Bennings) hands are tied too.

Every team wants to win the cup. I have no doubt that hes getting calls for Hamhuis. He just might not have the authority to trade him. Maybe Hammer wont lift his NTC. Maybe he will. Maybe a deals done. Maybe theyll extend him.

Herein lies the problem. Aquilini might step in and veto any trades of Hamhuis and Vrbata because he wants to try and make the playoffs.

MISC*

Herein lies the problem. Aquilini might step in and veto any trades of Hamhuis and Vrbata because he wants to try and make the playoffs.

Yeah, he might, but why should we spend evenings moping and getting frustrated about it is what im saying.

What happens with the team is completely out of our hands. If we draft 6th thats awesome. It we draft 10th thats awesome. Whoever we pick at the draft lets just enjoy watching them develop in to a team member.

This place needs so much more poisitivity.

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006

We wont get Matthews

We wont get Laine.

THAT is our reality.

Why stop there?

We won't pick the BPA with our draft selection.

We won't trade off our veterans for draft picks or solid prospects.

We won't sign players to cap friendly or even fair value contracts.

We won't begin the rebuild process and will instead toil in mediocrity for several years while trying to "re-tool."

We won't have a single competent person as part of the Canucks management staff.

We won't compete for a Stanley Cup for the next decade.

THAT is our reality.

Manage your expectations and control your feelings.

See how stupid that sounds?

Why should we just accept that the Benning regime is going to literally burn years of our lives away, only for us to wake up in 2025 and realize that this team hasn't accomplished anything and still has a foundation build on mediocre players and middle-of-the-pack finishes?

Ubik

Feb 10, 2014
Vancouver
What happens, happens.

As long as the youth are playing I could care less where we finish. The reality is we are most likely in the 6-10 range again. Which I'm fine with that's possibly Chychrun (sp?).

It's also possible where ever we land that moving up is possible. Maybe a top five pick wants to slide back to 6-10, it happens.

It is possible we land in the top 5. We don't have the easiest schedule, we got SJ like 6 times still. The trade deadline could make us a lot younger and inexperienced. Ultimately, it will also need a strong push from the teams below to pass us.

All we can do is watch.

DS7

Oct 9, 2013
Vancouver, BC
I'm convinced at this point we're holding onto Vrbata and Hamhuis. Benning has shown that he will hold onto UFAs as long as the team is mathematically in contention.

Gonna start looking at the prospects ranked 9-14th now.

MISC*

Why stop there?

We won't pick the BPA with our draft selection.

We won't trade off our veterans for draft picks or solid prospects.

We won't sign players to cap friendly or even fair value contracts.

We won't begin the rebuild process and will instead toil in mediocrity for several years while trying to "re-tool."

We won't have a single competent person as part of the Canucks management staff.

We won't compete for a Stanley Cup for the next decade.

THAT is our reality.

Manage your expectations and control your feelings.

See how stupid that sounds?

Why should we just accept that the Benning regime is going to literally burn years of our lives away, only for us to wake up in 2025 and realize that this team hasn't accomplished anything and still has a foundation build on mediocre players and middle-of-the-pack finishes?

you should stop taking hockey so seriously breh

dwarf

Feb 13, 2007
Victoria, B.C.
Watching Zona tank shows me competent management. Back up goalie, cold as ice forwards on in the last two minutes, yep loss.

Watching a terrible Canucks team with no direction, is watching a ship with no rudder. Its tough to take.

You would think Linden would know better. Quinn tanked the Canucks like a champ to get him. To bad we took Nedved over Jagr the other tank year. :(

This team desperately needs top 5 drafted talent, and instead its just floundering in mediocrity. :shakehead

swissexpert

Sep 21, 2009
Wtf is wrong with this fanbase?! 2 points out of playoffs and you're angry about a win?

You really want to lose games on purpose to pick 8th instead of 15th?
You can still reach the playoffs easily but you'd rather lose?

If you're 28th in the standings, I'd unterstand the wish to finish lower, but not in the situation right now...
Damn, anything can happen in the playoffs!
As if picking Sergachev at #7 instead of Juolevi at #14 would garantee you any kind of success in the future.
Would be a shame for Hockey if every team not in the top 10 would think that way.
/rant

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
Here's a fun stat....

Despite losing 4 straight games including three at home and only picking up one point in those games, the Canucks have the best point total over the last ten games of all the teams competing for the two wild card spots in the western conference. Seriously, they made up ground on every team except Nashville which they tied. I seriously think 88 points might be the bar this year for the playoffs in the West.

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Don't know how I can support this team if they buy at the deadline.

Anyone who thinks the Canucks are going to buy a vet (27 or over) at the deadline does not understand Benning.

In all likelihood, Benning will NOT be a buyer at the deadline. If Benning DOES buy at the deadline, it will be for a guy aged between 20-24......either a very good young player that can help us now and in the future, or a talented promising prospect that hasn't quite lived up to expectations (i.e. Baertschi, Etem, etc.).

My prediction is that the Canucks don't end up moving Hamhuis at all, unless they make a trade for a young Top 4 defenseman in an independent deal.

If the Canucks are out of playoff contention in a few weeks, I think they'll move Vrbata, and will once again try and move Higgins/Prust for whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad