The Tank Megathread | 8 | The Tank Awakens

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bad News Benning

Fallin for Dahlin?
Jan 11, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
sadly management and ownership don't care about building a cup contender. Rather just try to collect 2 games of playoff revenue than actually build a team capable of winning a cup. They are so far out of touch with the fanbase and reality for that matter. I'd love for Benning to explain how exactly he plans to get a number one center and number one defenseman because we ain't winning **** without either.

GJB

Dr. Hook
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2002
Need to hope for some losses otherwise Benning may add.... so .. so... scary

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Not really surprising, looking forward to it all blowing up in his face. Should make for a good summer summit if nothing else.

Two years in row it would have blown up. If I was him I'd be calling in sick that summer summit day. Poor Trev would have to answer every question with "I don't know." because he doesn't know.

y2kcanucks

Better than you
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Need to hope for some losses otherwise Benning may add.... so .. so... scary

The only saving grace is that Benning ****ed our cap situation so badly that he can't afford to add. I guess he hasn't called the NHL to find out how much cap space he'll have yet. :laugh:

Love

Feb 29, 2012
The sad part is it makes your fanhood lessen more and more all the time.

Why should I sit here hoping for a Stanley Cup when that isn't even the goal of those running the franchise?

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
For the love of god... losing has never been more important.

We need to badly go on a 5-game losing streak here and end this "buying" talk. Might just be lip-service for the casual masses but it's Benning...

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I'm a Habs fan but a Vancouverite so I know the situation... how on earth is anyone actually cheering for the Canucks to make the playoffs? I'm astonished there's an "anti-tank" thread on this forum.

Any sane fan should be hoping for the Canucks to crash and burn for the rest of the year and sell at the deadline. If Benning actually stands pat (or does the unthinkable and buys) to try to make the playoffs for two games worth of playoff revenue for Aquilini... WOW the franchise is in even worse shape than I thought. And I know it's already very bad.

Grumbler

Oct 25, 2012
Seriously, how the **** did we end up like this...All the chances we had to a good rebuild has been successfully wasted.

The Drop

Rain Drop, Drop Top
Jul 12, 2015
Vancouver
WORST OWNERSHIP GROUP EVER

It's funny how much the Aqualini's Value those 2 home games in the playoffs.
This can't be stressed enough. It's ridiculous how bad our ownership group is.

That anti tank thread is great to identify fans who literally dont care whats put on the ice. They'll cheer for anything because somehow they've been convinced that's what loyalty is. People piss on you but it's ok as long as you love them. :laugh:

The Drop

Rain Drop, Drop Top
Jul 12, 2015
Vancouver
For the love of god... losing has never been more important.

We need to badly go on a 5-game losing streak here and end this "buying" talk. Might just be lip-service for the casual masses but it's Benning...
The guy is too stupid to know what lip service is. He's never really minced words to the media. Says all his intentions like the idiot he is.

The Drop

Rain Drop, Drop Top
Jul 12, 2015
Vancouver
I'm a Habs fan but a Vancouverite so I know the situation... how on earth is anyone actually cheering for the Canucks to make the playoffs? I'm astonished there's an "anti-tank" thread on this forum.

Any sane fan should be hoping for the Canucks to crash and burn for the rest of the year and sell at the deadline. If Benning actually stands pat (or does the unthinkable and buys) to try to make the playoffs for two games worth of playoff revenue for Aquilini... WOW the franchise is in even worse shape than I thought. And I know it's already very bad.
just remember when you talk about "those canuck fans" that there are some of us who are sane :laugh:

Knight53

#6 #9 #17 #35 #40 #43
Jun 23, 2015
Vancouver
Watching everything blow up in this management face will be well worth it if he buys. Can't wait for the excuses to pile in.

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam
just can't be bothered to blowup at this until it happens. 2 more weeks.

That's the approach I'm going with but that TSN article is a wee bit scary I have to admit. I like to think he's saying these things to keep his boss happy and actually has no intention of following through with this nonsense. maybe that is wishful thinking on my part..

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Honestly, it's over...literally looking like a fluke post-season run is at least as likely as a top-five pick. I'm getting that late-90s/early-2000s lobotomized fan feeling where you're like this zombie watching each game even if it's a bloody car wreck. It's terrifying how eerily 2011 is starting to resemble '94. We'll probably need another Brian Burke figure to resuscitate the fan base again when it's all over.

At least ticket prices will be reasonable again. Just switch the brain off and cheer mindlessly, it'll be fine.

Knight53

#6 #9 #17 #35 #40 #43
Jun 23, 2015
Vancouver
Lol we aren't making the playoffs. After the leafs game the tank will get back rolling.

Thing we have to worry about is if Benning screws up the deadline by not selling and god forbid buying. 7-14 is where this team is likely to draft.

Top 5 is legitimately possible but this stupid ownership doesn't have the foresight of making millions off marketing a franchise talent.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
The things I was excited for this year:

1. Canucks prospects at World Juniors -> McCann sits in Vancouver, Jake was the goat = disappointment
2. Trade deadline -> not only are we not selling.. we're adding? = massive disappointment
3. The Draft -> at our standard 7 picks right now, depending on how #2 goes.. = probable disappointment

Thank god the Blue Jays are back on TV in less than 60 days

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad