The Tank Megathread | 8 | The Tank Awakens

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
Honestly, it's over...literally looking like a fluke post-season run is at least as likely as a top-five pick. I'm getting that late-90s/early-2000s lobotomized fan feeling where you're like this zombie watching each game even if it's a bloody car wreck. It's terrifying how eerily 2011 is starting to resemble '94. We'll probably need another Brian Burke figure to resuscitate the fan base again when it's all over.

At least ticket prices will be reasonable again. Just switch the brain off and cheer mindlessly, it'll be fine.

I think you're looking for the anti-tank thread. :naughty:

Seriously though, you're right. That's what we'll have to do for the foreseeable future unless we want to go crazy.

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta
The Leafs lineup tonight has a cap hit of 29.6M.

we really going to judge where our team is on saturday after beating that?

3 game winning streak though. People are right, we cannot compete with a team whose ownership has fully bought into the route they must take.

The Drop

Rain Drop, Drop Top
Jul 12, 2015
Vancouver

3 game winning streak though. People are right, we cannot compete with a team whose ownership has fully bought into the route they must take.

and hired a ton of people to help insulate the inexperience of Shanahan instead of retreads and his kids as scouts.

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC

It's going to be a disaster. Probably will win in convincing fashion against an AHL team and Benning will claim that he owes it to the players to buy at the deadline and help them go on a run. :shakehead

Flik

Canucks fan for life
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2010
Vancouver, WA
So glad I mailed it in and never bothered to really watch the team this year. "Might be looking to add."

Bring on the Weinrichs...

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
I doubt he buys. Just don't see that happening. I don't see him doing anything including selling. It will be a quiet next few weeks.

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
So glad I mailed it in and never bothered to really watch the team this year. "Might be looking to add."

Bring on the Weinrichs...

I'll have to agree with this.

Unless Benning plans to trade for a 20-24 year strong young player, or a reclamation prospect like Baertschi or Etem, I would be fully against 'buying' a vet as well.

We'll see what happens.

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
Columbus took Anahiem to OT, Philly is winning, Colorado is winning,

Good day, Good day

JuniorNelson

Jan 21, 2010
E.Vancouver
If you take Benning at face value and believe he is going to buy for a playoff run, what's he going to trade with? Who is expendable? Who can the Canucks move out and still make the playoffs? Canucks need everybody they have now, so he must be talking about spending draft picks?

Would anyone be down with trading picks to support this current roster?

Benning must be talking out his exhaust. It's obvious the team is hampered by injuries and he will use that to his advantage when he has to explain the season. It's laughable that they still expect playoffs. It's ironic that they looked like a real team only briefly when the Captain was injured. It's just sad they insist on keeping this top line. Well, sad or demented.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
If JB doesn't sell any UFAs before the TDL, then I can't support this management anymore.
Not saying I'll spend time and energy on ******** this current management since that won't accomplish anything, all I can do is wish for the best on what every happen to this team.

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
If JB doesn't sell any UFAs before the TDL, then I can't support this management anymore.
Not saying I'll spend time and energy on ******** this current management since that won't accomplish anything, all I can do is wish for the best on what every happen to this team.

I am right there with you, on the fence, watching Benning closely at this deadline.

TheWolf*

May 3, 2015
"Like we feel that we are going to be a playoff team and our 1st round pick can be recovered at the draft. That's why we thought we could trade it. Loui Erickson is like a a great player that will like play well with the Sedins."

Far fetched?

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta
"Like we feel that we are going to be a playoff team and our 1st round pick can be recovered at the draft. That's why we thought we could trade it. Loui Erickson is like a a great player that will like play well with the Sedins."

Far fetched?

then trade either horvat or mccann for a 2nd because we needed to have a pick in the first two rounds.

JanBulisPiggyBack

Dec 31, 2011
I still believe we are gonna be sellers or fringe buyers at the deadline

I won't quit on the team if Hamuis or Vrbata are not traded if the value isn't there, they both deserve to decide where they want to play and they will make that choice either at the deadline or more likely as free agents

I am on board with trimming the fat for project players, I would love to move contracts for prospects and picks but its a different world now, deadline deals aren't as prominent ( at least thats how it appears to me )

I can't see Benning shoring up the team at the expense of the future, that much i can bank on, who was the last veteran we mortgaged our future on, Kassian doesn't count

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
The things I was excited for this year:

1. Canucks prospects at World Juniors -> McCann sits in Vancouver, Jake was the goat = disappointment
2. Trade deadline -> not only are we not selling.. we're adding? = massive disappointment
3. The Draft -> at our standard 7 picks right now, depending on how #2 goes.. = probable disappointment

Thank god the Blue Jays are back on TV in less than 60 days

Oh god, don't remind me.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
I was going to the game saturday.

Im not going to go now until after the deadline, if we buy im not going to another game all season. **** this management and their backwards ass dinosaur thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad