Blue Jays Discussion: The "So, How About Them Blue Jays?" Edition. [1.5 Games ahead of Yankees]

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
The Tigers are right behind the Jays in hitting LHP. Cabrera/Martinez/Martinez is just as good of 3/4/5 in baseball.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Damn, I think that offence is still very dangerous. Can not take this team lightly.

Apart from Kinsler, Cabrera and JD Martinez (definitely a great 2-3-4), they don't really scare me. V-Mart has fallen off completely this year (wRC+ 77, OBP below .300), Gose is junk (barely OBPing above .300), and Rajai Davis against righties is a hilarious trainwreck.

Territory

Jan 31, 2014
Toronto
Stamkos to Toronto... Blue Jays?

CNhNjySWgAIYzWn.jpg

Nasty Nazem

Come at me Crow!
Apr 5, 2010
Canada
Apart from Kinsler, Cabrera and JD Martinez (definitely a great 2-3-4), they don't really scare me. V-Mart has fallen off completely this year (wRC+ 77, OBP below .300), Gose is junk (barely OBPing above .300), and Rajai Davis against righties is a hilarious trainwreck.

V-Mart can still hit lefties. He's been super awful against righties though.

trellaine201

Feb 10, 2010
Left coast
No
I'm wondering if he's hurting a bit
He hasn't been pulling the ball with much authority for a while

Good question. He was hurt this year and took time off but forget why?

RE gibbons getting snarky with Barker. Prob sick of that voice. Boiled over.

calcal798

Jun 2, 2010
London
That whole "I'll bet my mortgage he starts for the Blue Jays in 2015" brash comment I made a few weeks back feels less brash by the day. Still very douchy though :laugh:

Hopefully he's good to start the 13th versus the Yanks :naughty:

I believe if it worked out that way him or Price would start against the Yanks in 4 of our last 5 games against them

91Kadri91*

I would too but I'm not sure Samardzija will get 100M after the season he's had though. He's only had one dominant season and I think it would be foolish for teams to expect that going forward. Maybe a Anibal Sanchez type contract is more likely which I don't think I would mind Samardzija at that price.

But he'll get a qualifying offer and cost a 1st round pick but I'm not sure Jays can afford to give up at this point. You don't want to go down the Phillies road and its important to replenish the farm system after all these trades.

If Jays can't re-sign Price, I think Leake and Iwakuma would be nice targets to round out the rotation.

He is/will be my 'runner-up (behind Price) for ideal pitcher signing' this off-season. Iwakuma's contract will likely end up being affordable and short-term, and he's pitched extremely well prior to this season, with his predictive statistics suggesting that he is merely suffering from abounds of bad luck. He should definitely be one of the Jays' premier targets.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Gregg Zaun confirms it. Stroman is garbage.

Pack it up everyone, it's over. :laugh:

"We have to think about who's he's taking innings from. I know Hutch has a 5+ ERA but he's has 11? 12 wins? All he does is win. And I'm not entirely sure Stroman is a starter long term anyway"

There isn't enough :facepalm:'s for that right there.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
"We have to think about who's he's taking innings from. I know Hutch has a 5+ ERA but he's has 11? 12 wins? All he does is win. And I'm not entirely sure Stroman is a starter long term anyway"

It's even worse because IIRC when Hutch was in the rotation regularly and getting starts and getting lit up, Zaun absolutely bagged on him, saying that the wins didn't disguise the fact that he was getting knocked around and just happened to get crazy run support.

Though this might have more to do with Zaun's crazy axe to grind against Stroman for having the gall to grow up to be 5'10 instead of 6'0

also GDT is open

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012

It absolutely amazes me that Sportsnet employs someone so completely clueless.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I can't believe Zaun is one of those people who believe wins are indicative of a pitcher's performance.

Even i thought he wasn't that dumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad