Blue Jays Discussion: The "So, How About Them Blue Jays?" Edition. [1.5 Games ahead of Yankees]

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nasty Nazem

Come at me Crow!
Apr 5, 2010
Canada
I would much, much rather have Price at 7/200 than Samardzjia at 5/100

Because (in addition to the fact the AA has managed to get out of every 'bad' contract with relative ease)

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/2015-mlb-toronto-blue-jays-playoff-hopes/?ex_cid=story-twitter

I would too but I'm not sure Samardzija will get 100M after the season he's had though. He's only had one dominant season and I think it would be foolish for teams to expect that going forward. Maybe a Anibal Sanchez type contract is more likely which I don't think I would mind Samardzija at that price.

But he'll get a qualifying offer and cost a 1st round pick but I'm not sure Jays can afford to give up at this point. You don't want to go down the Phillies road and its important to replenish the farm system after all these trades.

If Jays can't re-sign Price, I think Leake and Iwakuma would be nice targets to round out the rotation.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
Yup. I think Alford is our best prospect. Has elite potential. I give it 2 years and he'll be in the lineup replacing Revere. Pompey also stepping in maybe replacing Pillar.

It's pretty impressive that they made all those deadline deals (plus Donaldson) and still have Pompey and Alford in the system.

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
Mariners finally fire Jack Z and mercifully end that era. I'm surprised it took so long.

I was just thinking to myself that maybe we could trick him into taking Edwin for an arm with control like Paxton since he doesn't value defense and loves offense. :laugh:

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
According to Marcus Stroman he crushed his simulation today:

Marcus Stroman
‏@MStrooo6
Unwavering confidence through it all. Beyond excited to be on my starting routine. Physically and mentally strong. Progressing perfectly!

https://twitter.com/MStrooo6/status/637301688832012288

That whole "I'll bet my mortgage he starts for the Blue Jays in 2015" brash comment I made a few weeks back feels less brash by the day. Still very douchy though :laugh:

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
Boy would having Price and Stroman go 4 starts between them in a 7 game series be huge.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Boy would having Price and Stroman go 4 starts between them in a 7 game series be huge.

the way the schedule is set you can have them go 5 times in a 7 game series if you're willing to let Price go on 3 days rest once.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
That whole "I'll bet my mortgage he starts for the Blue Jays in 2015" brash comment I made a few weeks back feels less brash by the day. Still very douchy though :laugh:

I don't think it's that bad. A lot of us have believed all along that he could start, with examples and clear reasoning to back it up. The only response I really remember hearing is "Nope, can't stretch him out," which really never made any sense.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
The Jays players had customized "share a coke with..." their names on it in their lockers today. Have to be customized because there's no way they make one with "Share a coke with Colabello"

https://instagram.com/p/676YnEljO-/

And suddenly "We need more Bort license plates. I repeat we are out of Bort license plates" comes to mind :laugh:

Nice gesture though.

I like Coca-Colabello a bit better though ;)

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
One would imagine Hutch gets called back up to start tomorrow unless they're putting someone on short rest.

Will be interesting to see if they send Thole back down or if they think Martin's breather needs to be a bit longer.

Nasty Nazem

Come at me Crow!
Apr 5, 2010
Canada
One would imagine Hutch gets called back up to start tomorrow unless they're putting someone on short rest.

Will be interesting to see if they send Thole back down or if they think Martin's breather needs to be a bit longer.

Thole is probably going to catch Dickey today, get sent down and be back in a few days when rosters can expand.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Not Kazmir? I'd take Kazmir over Sam. Also 're-sign Estrada. First choice is Price.

Price
Stroman
Estrada
Sanchez
Hutchison

There's a good chance that Kazmir will be retained by Houston. Native of the city, always wanted to play there, they have the money available to bring him back.

I was just thinking to myself that maybe we could trick him into taking Edwin for an arm with control like Paxton since he doesn't value defense and loves offense. :laugh:

1. Boras
2. Injuries
3. Boras

Nasty Nazem

Come at me Crow!
Apr 5, 2010
Canada
Shi Davidi ‏@ShiDavidi 4m4 minutes ago
Marcus Stroman threw 51 pitches in sim game today in Fla. "Crushed it," he tweeted. Next up: Sept 2 at Lansing, 65-70 pitch range. #BlueJays

Great to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad