Blue Jays Discussion: The "So, How About Them Blue Jays?" Edition. [1.5 Games ahead of Yankees]

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
I think anyone coming as President would be.

With the Jays currently leading the division, and the moves AA has made in the past year, I'm not sure how AA won't get an extension.

Unless things unravel completely, and we don't even get a wildcard spot, I think it's a pretty easy decision to bring back AA.

I think there's more of a discussion to be had about Gibby, and whether the new President think he's the right manager to take this team to a championship.

I think the president would leave that up to the GM. That's part of the whole thing about leaving the GM to do his job.

The thing to remember with AA's extension is that his deal expires on October 31. So, if the Jays don't get him signed by then, there is a real danger of him going somewhere else. So, if a new president isn't in place by Oct. 1 or so, then I thnk Rogers (and possibly Paul Beeston) may need to negotiate a possible new deal and either tell the new president they need to keep Alex or be willing to eat the money if the new president wants to be rid of him. Of course, it may be simpler to just let Alex go and let the new president bring in their own person.

So, it's entirely possible that the Jays could win the World Series (which could go as long as November 4) and Anthopoulos could already be out.

topched

Nov 19, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
I think anyone coming as President would be.

With the Jays currently leading the division, and the moves AA has made in the past year, I'm not sure how AA won't get an extension.

Unless things unravel completely, and we don't even get a wildcard spot, I think it's a pretty easy decision to bring back AA.

I think there's more of a discussion to be had about Gibby, and whether the new President think he's the right manager to take this team to a championship.

President won't (and shouldn't) have control over decisions like who's managing the club. If you extend AA, he should have full autonomy to do what he wants

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
But someone like Dombrowski (obviously no longer on the discussion) or Shiparo, guys who have the GM experience, would likely be apart of the discussions no?

Paul Beeston not being involved makes sense. But why wouldn't a guy like Shiparo want to be involved in certain discussions.

(I'm legitimately asking, btw)

Mach85

Mar 14, 2013
But someone like Dombrowski (obviously no longer on the discussion) or Shiparo, guys who have the GM experience, would likely be apart of the discussions no?

Paul Beeston not being involved makes sense. But why wouldn't a guy like Shiparo want to be involved in certain discussions.

(I'm legitimately asking, btw)

AA would probably involve Shapiro in discussions, as Shapiro has been reported to be someone AA liked confiding in when both were GMs. But the decision should be AA's to make as GM.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
AA would probably involve Shapiro in discussions, as Shapiro has been reported to be someone AA liked confiding in when both were GMs. But the decision should be AA's to make as GM.

This^ I'm sure AA just like any other GM would keep Shapiro or any other President in the loop but like you said, the decisions should be up to AA to make. The President's job is more on the business side of the organization anyway. Of course when it comes to big trades i.e (Price) then you keep a guy like Beeston/Shapiro in the loop but unless Shapiro goes on a power trip and demands to be in the know how on all matters then he'll let AA do his job.

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
tumblr_nttjr3YmP71r37slco1_400.gif

Love this. Soak it in Joey, soak it in.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
I love how they have blue Jerseys for the groom and the grooms-men and white jerseys for the bride and bridesmaids

couldn't only budget for the 500's though? :sarcasm:

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
5 bucks says the honeymoon is to go to the away series' at Fenway and Yankee stadium early September :laugh:

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
How is Walker not in the Hall? He almost has a career 70.0 WAR.

Bobby Grich and Lou Whitaker too. Im guessing it has something to do with having his best seasons at Coors Field, which is held against him. But wRC+ in his 5 seasons with the Expos were 109, 129,142,120,149. Clearly he could hit, regardless of where he played his home games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad