Blue Jays Discussion: The "So, How About Them Blue Jays?" Edition. [1.5 Games ahead of Yankees]

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

HEAVY DUTY

Thanks to denial, I’m immortal.
Jul 10, 2010
Toronto, ON
CCMcEe6UMAAHYLJ.png

hehehehe

Leafsdude7

Stand-Up Philosopher
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
Delgado's 4 hr game.

Look at how many fans there

1:42 - Dat bat flip.

1:16 - Did the Jays really have that logo for ~12 years? I thought that showed up with the black unis.

It's brings stability to my life to know that Rod Black is still a terrible announcer. :laugh:

"4 home runs! Never before has a blue jay done that, until................now."

"HOLY COW!"

Honestly, Black was good at calling the action, but as soon as he tried to offer filler, he was cringy.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
He's not the only person to project Seattle going far. Was the popular opinion at the time.

The Sox? Yea that's poor.

weems

Jul 3, 2008
If Stroman comes back at even 80% of what he was before, this is the best team in baseball.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
1:42 - Dat bat flip.

1:16 - Did the Jays really have that logo for ~12 years? I thought that showed up with the black unis.

"4 home runs! Never before has a blue jay done that, until................now."

"HOLY COW!"

Honestly, Black was good at calling the action, but as soon as he tried to offer filler, he was cringy.

Things I miss from that era, notable in the video:

Delgado
The blue version of that uni with the red trim
Lou Pinella
the rays using an actual ray as their logo instead of the "it means ray of light" fake out bs. Also the full name "devil rays" and even the rainbow gradient wordmark
Vernon wells when he was good and not overpaid.

Things I don't miss:
That turf
Rod black calling games
Eric hinske
Carlos Tosca
the t-hugging anthro bird logo ( though I like it in a so bad it's good way.)

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
He's not the only person to project Seattle going far. Was the popular opinion at the time.

The Sox? Yea that's poor.

Never understood the Chi Sox or Bo Sox hype. They got names, but they still had huge question marks.

I thought the Indians were going to win the central so my picks wouldn't have been much better. Nobody expected the Astros to be this good this fast.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Imagine if the Jays weren't top 5 in grounding into double plays too.

If Tulo was hitting the way he's capable of hitting this game would have been 20-1. Edwin would have had another AB and probably hit the HR cycle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad