Blue Jays Discussion: The "So, How About Them Blue Jays?" Edition. [1.5 Games ahead of Yankees]

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TorMapleJays

Jun 24, 2012
If he hits like this on a consistent basis I would have no complaints. I don't know if I remember a guy as good as him with the glove. Recently at least. His glove allows him to be in this line up as is, and if he's really figured it out with the bat that's just icing on the cake.

Devon Travis isn't a slouch either.

Nasty Nazem

Come at me Crow!
Apr 5, 2010
Canada
Surprised so many "experts" took the Indians to win the division. That batting line up minus Michael Brantley is a dumpster fire.

Kipnis is just as good if not better. Lindor is a good hitter too. Carlos Santana has been a disappointment this year but he's been good-to-great in the past and I still think there is potential he breaks out into a monster -- elite walks + power is a great combo... if he can have a year where he hits like .280 or something, he could be a beast.

Yan Gomes missed most of the season so that hurts. Their rotation is elite and would be better if their defense was any good (its been better since Lindor got the call-up). I still like them a lot going forward but they could use one more good bat. Too bad they didn't sign Nelson Cruz.

Elite rotation and bullpen plus Kipnis, Santana, Brantley and top prospect Lindor. It's really not that surprising, what is surprising is how bad Swisher and Bourne have been since signing with the Indians.

Yep. I still like that team a ton and frankly, anytime you have Kluber/Carrasco/Salazar -- three pitchers who can pitch at ace level calibre, you have a shot. Great core they got but they need to add a big bat and maybe improve the bullpen.

Royals have been better than I thought they would be.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
so the Jays have 709 runs
the Yankeees have 600
28 other teams don't come close to 600.

wowzer.

It really is astonishing. Has another team in MLB history ever had such an overwhelming lead in runs scored compared to most teams in the league?

SDig14

Feb 19, 2010
Edmonton, AB
If Goins keeps hitting like this we will have the best middle infielder off the bench and defensive replacement in the league.

Nasty Nazem

Come at me Crow!
Apr 5, 2010
Canada
Pompey finally hits a homerun in Buffalo. He's been hitting a ton of singles and walking a ton but he wasn't showing the power he showed in AA. Hopefully this is the breakthrough he needed. Has a fantastic 36BB/39K in Buffalo going into tonight's game so his approach had been great.

Mets also trade for the perennial disappointment reliever Addison Reed. It's shocking a guy with his stuff hasn't managed to have a better than mediocre era in any season.

Finlandia WOAT

No blocks, No slappers
May 23, 2010
If Stroman comes back as a starter, does Hutchinson get moved to the bullpen, or does he start in Buffalo?

trellaine201

Feb 10, 2010
Left coast
Still thinking if and when stroman returns its in the bullpen. He's hardly faced MLB hitters in over a year. And none of our starters deserve to be moved around.

Mach85

Mar 14, 2013
Kipnis is just as good if not better. Lindor is a good hitter too. Carlos Santana has been a disappointment this year but he's been good-to-great in the past and I still think there is potential he breaks out into a monster -- elite walks + power is a great combo... if he can have a year where he hits like .280 or something, he could be a beast.

Yan Gomes missed most of the season so that hurts. Their rotation is elite and would be better if their defense was any good (its been better since Lindor got the call-up). I still like them a lot going forward but they could use one more good bat. Too bad they didn't sign Nelson Cruz.

Yep. I still like that team a ton and frankly, anytime you have Kluber/Carrasco/Salazar -- three pitchers who can pitch at ace level calibre, you have a shot. Great core they got but they need to add a big bat and maybe improve the bullpen.

I'm surprised Lindor has hit this well this soon; I thought he'd have a higher learning curve. So many great young shortstops just starting out league-wide, it's ridiculous.

Schennanigans

Dec 26, 2008
Etobicoke, on
I don't think its right to move hutch anywhere. The guy has done nothing but win. Why mess with te chemistry going right now. Stro can finish the year in the pen. Though I'm not even sure where he fits there.

Scion

May 25, 2012

I think they would benefit greatly from signing a Chris Davis type bat in FA.

calcal798

Jun 2, 2010
London
Still thinking if and when stroman returns its in the bullpen. He's hardly faced MLB hitters in over a year. And none of our starters deserve to be moved around.

I think he should play in the Arizona fall league. It's not like he showed front of the rotation stuff in his 20 starts last year or anything. :sarcasm:

91Kadri91*

No. Just no. He has not been good. He has been lucky and has got ridiculous run support.

He has the second highest BABIP among qualified starters, and an xFIP that's nearly a full run lower than his ERA.

But yeah, he sure is lucky! :sarcasm:

91Kadri91*

I don't think its right to move hutch anywhere. The guy has done nothing but win. Why mess with te chemistry going right now. Stro can finish the year in the pen. Though I'm not even sure where he fits there.

If Stroman is able pitch at the level he did last year (or anywhere near it), he's easily the second best starting pitcher the Jays will have. You don't relegate a talent like Stroman because you're worried about 'chemistry'.

Although, for what it's worth, Hutchison is not the pitcher I would elect to send to the bullpen.

tml19

Nov 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
If Stroman is able pitch at the level he did last year (or anywhere near it), he's easily the second best starting pitcher the Jays will have. You don't relegate a talent like Stroman because you're worried about 'chemistry'.

Although, for what it's worth, Hutchison is not the pitcher I would elect to send to the bullpen.

Hutch goes to the pen and becomes another Sanchez/Osuna in the pen. At that point you litteraly can pitch any BP pitcher in any situation and we cant be mad at Gibby.

metafour

Apr 6, 2008
Hutch goes to the pen and becomes another Sanchez/Osuna in the pen. At that point you litteraly can pitch any BP pitcher in any situation and we cant be mad at Gibby.

Why does Hutch automatically go to the pen? If his recent improvement is real, then he is our third best starter (given that Stroman pitches up to ability).

His last three starts:

20.2 IP, 13 H, 4 ER, 3 BB, 18 K
1.74 ERA

Ability wise, he is ahead of all three of Buehrle, Dickey, and Estrada.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad