The Roster Thread, Summer 2024

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
Briere was not a bottom 6 player.

I see Savoie being a top 6 guy that Lindy would like, just like Briere was.

I do not see Savoie being a bottom 6 guy in a "win Now" season for Lindy.

:dunno:

He didn't change how he played when he came over from Arizona. He broke in as a 3rd liner when he was (co-incidentally) Savoie's age. Like a lot of other late 1st it took him some time to really settle into the NHL.

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
They do not need another U25 skill guy to make the playoffs in 24-25.

That is a "building season" move and not a "win now" season move, IMO.
How many u25 skill only guys are on the roster next year with NHL experience?

Give me Zegras and add a veteran defensive defenseman to the top 4.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
He didn't change how he played when he came over from Arizona. He broke in as a 3rd liner when he was (co-incidentally) Savoie's age. Like a lot of other late 1st it took him some time to really settle into the NHL.
Briere was 25yo and had over 250 NHL games played when he was traded to Buffalo.

Apples and oranges between Briere at that stage of his career and where Savoie is today.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Showed this to a friend of mine who was a coyotes fan. Response was “people in Buffalo have lost their goddamn minds, at least attempt to have a little perspective”.
Do you remember the team I rooted for BEFORE I ended up a fan of this organization????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

This rancid organization is even more f***ing sad, miserable and hopeless than the Whalers EVER WERE.

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
Briere was 25yo and had over 250 NHL games played when he was traded to Buffalo.

Apples and oranges between Briere at that stage of his career and where Savoie is today.

At Savoie's age Briere was breaking into the NHL as a 3rd liner. They're very similar stylistically.

Do you remember the team I rooted for BEFORE I ended up a fan of this organization????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

This rancid organization is even more f***ing sad, miserable and hopeless than the Whalers EVER WERE.

Dude, not everything needs to be a promo

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
But neither has MacGroarty and you are gun ho on bringing him here to play on the NHL roster because he won't play in the AHL, that's why he's refusing Winnipeg.
You probably didn't read what I wrote about McGroarty. Let him prove that he is ready for the NHL in camp and preseason games. I wrote about a compromise with McGroarty, that maybe he would agree to the AHL (if he doesn't look ready), since Leone works there.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
How many u25 skill only guys are on the roster next year with NHL experience?

Give me Zegras and add a veteran defensive defenseman to the top 4.
Capture.PNG

More than enough for a "Win Now" team.

Reactions: pf8363

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
and sometimes, if you'd believe, even less.

View attachment 888490

I've posted this picture probably 50 times in the last couple months, in different places.

He made 3 big teardown trades in 21, and then.....traded a few whatever picks for Greenway, and swapped Mitts for Byram. That's it. In 3+ years.

The rest is free asset trades (future considerations. 6 of them), or very minor prospect, pick, or ahl player shuffling.

This picture is my frustration. He can't make any deals that matter unless he's selling off a top player.

There is a line from the bourne supremacy that I think of when it comes to Adams. Brian Cox tells the ambitious career woman "You're in a big puddle of shit Pamela and you don't have the boots for it"

That's Adams currently. He's got 3 seasons of, essentially, simply sitting around and not actively improving the team. The bills are now due, he's got assets to spend....but with the cap going up...so does everyone else. The time to buy was two seasons ago and last season.

Adams is in a situation where its a sellers market and he's a buyer. He's at a disadvantage because of the market he's in and the teams recent history. So he has to take his medicine and put a playoff roster for next fall.

I'm not going to complain about prices paid the next few days, the focus needs to be on the end results once the NHL breaks for July 4th.

I'm hoping for the best but planning for the worst.

Reactions: TheBarnIsElectric

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
Three plus years ago I would've been all over Zegras or Necas. Skilled young players with so much potential that can play center aren't available often.

For years we've needed a 2C behind Eichel and secondary scoring. Before Tage broke out we needed a skilled 1C. Now that those guys are actually available our needs are the complete opposite.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
At this point I'm resigned to the fact that the only way next season doesn't end in failure is if Lindy is able to do what Trotz did on LI masking all the glaring roster flaws/shortcomings and somehow making it work.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad