Confirmed with Link: Jonathan Kovacevic traded to NJ for 2026 4th

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
What’s the point of this unless Dougie is still questionable for the start of next year or they gank Nemec back to the AHL?

Reactions: mdj12784

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Great value for him but now the blue line seems really crowded.

Hamilton - Pesce - Nemec - Kovacevic - DeSimone (one-way)
Siegenthaler - Hughes - Dillon (?) - Hatakka

Maybe ownership is willing to pay DeSimone on a one-way deal to play in the minors?

Honestly, I don’t hate the idea, would much rather the team be overflowing with quality options, but interesting to see how this shakes out.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
The Devils don't have RH depth in the minors, all they have is Casey and Diotte, and Diotte may not be ready for the AHL. So I think DeSimone and Kovacevic compete for the 7th D spot, with DeSimone likely being sent down.

But this is surprising. The only thing that makes me think this move has a distinct purpose is that this is the 2nd player the Devils have traded for with a minimum or below-minimum contract (Kovacevic is below the minimum).

Ad

Upcoming events

• Austria vs Turkey
    KNOCKOUT Austria vs Turkey
    Wagers: 8
    Staked: $30,350.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $14,538.00