Confirmed with Link: Jonathan Kovacevic traded to NJ for 2026 4th

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I could see DeSimone getting claimed. I hope the strategy is not to yoyo him, but you almost have to now without another move.

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
Why/Meh whatever, whats wrong with Desimone? Never heard of this dude, he's better than Smith? Can he play on the 4th line as well?

EnglishDevil

Nov 11, 2009
London, UK & Chicago, US
I really like the Kovacevic & Cotter additions, both are cheap yet effective NHL regulars.

I don't think this changes the calculus when it comes to potentially adding both Pesce & a LHD such as Dillon in UFA tomorrow. Hughes & Nemec are both extremely young and we absolutely overplayed them to their own detriment last season, their effectiveness clearly waned as the rigors of the NHL schedule caught up with them.

Having cheap yet effective depth defenders like Kovacevic, DeSimone & Hatakka will allow us to give others a night off once in a while without significantly impacting our on ice performance; not to mention providing insurance against the reality that Hamilton, Siegenthaler & Pesce are all somewhat injury prone.

Reactions: Louskoolaid89

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad