The Roster Thread, Summer 2024

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
My bet was 3W. They won't trust a rookie at 3C, but he can definitely earn it over time. I had VO spot as Savoie. Maybe Kulich but I really think Savoie can impact the game more with his dynamic speed and skill. This team needs more play drivers. The third line disappears for 30 games every year.
I do not see Kulich or Savoie being Lindy-style 3rd line guys.

:dunno:

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I don’t think there’s a set Lindy style.

His 3rd lines in Buffalo over his last tenure ranged from shutdown lines to all offense kid lines.

I think he’ll make the team’s style based on the players.
I think what he did in Dallas and NJ is way more telling than what he did over a decade ago in Buffalo.

Capture.PNG

Savoie has the motor and dog in him that Lindy likes
I think Benson and Greenway are the front runners today to play on the 3rd line wings with Krebs or TBD.

Reactions: Old Navy Goat

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
THIRTEEN YEARS.

WORST ORGANIZATION IN HOCKEY HISTORY.

LEAST RESPECTED ORGANIZATION IN HOCKEY HISTORY.

LEAST RESPECTED OWNER IN HOCKEY HISTORY PEOPLE WANT NOTHING TO DO WITH.

There's your reasons. I mean do you think people want to go to Pittsburgh because they love sandwiches with fries?
Showed this to a friend of mine who was a coyotes fan. Response was “people in Buffalo have lost their goddamn minds, at least attempt to have a little perspective”.

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
I do not see Kulich or Savoie being Lindy-style 3rd line guys.

What about Savoie do you not see as a third liner? His speed? His skill? His playmaking? How about his high motor? His above average 200 ft game? Boy, I am sure Lindy will hate Savoie on the third line:laugh:

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
His lack of size, lack of jam, and lack of pro experience.
I would NOT want to pen him into the LU. I can't wait for the day we can slow cook these guys and not pray they can fill a much needed role. Hopefully, that happens this offseason.

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
He has plenty of Jam, he is built like a tank. You can't really argue for Benson and against Savoie at the same time, they are similar in most aspects. Just think of watching Benson and Savoie back together dominating just like WHL, with a shiny new 3C of course. Lindy will 100% put Savoie there if he shows out in camp, and he has both times.

Keep in mind we most likely have a top 6 slot open when Skinner is gone.
I would NOT want to pen him into the LU. I can't wait for the day we can slow cook these guys and not pray they can fill a much needed role. Hopefully, that happens this offseason.
They have to enter the lineup eventually. This is Savoie's third camp at #9 overall who should have made the NHL last year barring the injury. In what world has he not been slow cooked already? The man is practically burnt.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Given how they have treated Savoie, Rosen and Kulich, and even Peterka and Quinn before them, I think they are slow cooking guys to some extent.

Savoie could earn a spot in camp like Benson did last year with Quinn being out and Savoie getting dinged up if there is an opening. But, I doubt we enter camp with Savoie penciled in on the 3rd line.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
In the end, if the team is truly playoff or bust, they shouldn't have more than one rookie in the lineup, at least with a healthy lineup. You certainly shouldn't have Savoie/Kulich/etc in the top 6.

Like I said previously, you don't need Adams to hit a home run here. You need Adams to hit for contact. And a single and two doubles is better than a home run. If there is a big move that makes sense, then by all means. But whats important is that we come away with NHL ready veteran bodies that can contribute immediately and fill needs.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
He has plenty of Jam, he is built like a tank. You can't really argue for Benson and against Savoie at the same time, they are similar in most aspects. Just think of watching Benson and Savoie back together dominating just like WHL, with a shiny new 3C of course. Lindy will 100% put Savoie there if he shows out in camp, and he has both times.

They have to enter the lineup eventually. This is Savoie's third camp at #9 overall whop

should have made the NHL last year barring the injury. In what world has he not been slow cooked already? The man is practically burnt.

You need to stop with that narrative of him making the team when he didn't even go thru training camp

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013

They have to enter the lineup eventually. This is Savoie's third camp at #9 overall who should have made the NHL last year barring the injury. In what world has he not been slow cooked already? The man is practically burnt.
I think Savoie will do well and he's got the injury excuse.
If the others were good enough they would have played in the NHL. I don't really consider their approach slow cooking. Just look at Power and Benson.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008

The last time he played against men he got worked. He's dominated juniors,but the AHL is a BIG step up.

Remember how Quinn and Peterka looked their rookie year? They were in their D+2 seasons, too, and had a ton of growing pains. That's after Quinn had one of the best rookie season's in the AHL the year prior + Peterka was one of ROC's best players in the AHL playoffs

3C is not an easy role to fill, and Savoie would likely have similar growing pains as Peterka and Quinn. This isn't the year to deal with growing pains at such a crucial position.

Savoie could impress in the AHL, be called up, and prove he's worth an NHL spot. Then, you have a good problem on your hands. On the contrary, we could gift him the 3rd line spot, he could struggle, and will be left with nothing to fill that spot. That's a bad problem to have.

I'm also not keen on having such a young center spine + top-4 D. Doesn't seem like a recipe to success, but I don't have any data to back that up.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jim Bob

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
The last time he played against men he got worked. He's dominated juniors,but the AHL is a BIG step up.

Remember how Quinn and Peterka looked their rookie year? They were in their D+2 seasons, too, and had a ton of growing pains. That's after Quinn had one of the best rookie season's in the AHL the year prior + Peterka was one of ROC's best players in the AHL.

3C is not an easy role to fill, and Savoie would likely have similar growing pains as Peterka and Quinn. This isn't the year to deal with growing pains at such a crucial position.

Savoie could impress in the AHL, be called up, and prove he's worth an NHL spot. Then, you have a good problem on your hands. On the contrary, we could gift him the 3rd line spot, he could struggle, and will be left with nothing to fill that spot. That's a bad problem to have.

I'm also not keen on having such a young center spine + top-4 D. Doesn't seem like a recipe to success, but I don't have any data to back that up.
Last time I checked he got his first two games against the Bears in the playoffs, where the entire roster got WORKED. He played well in the games before he went back to WHL this year. I also said 3W. Based on first two camps he earned the spot on the roster and will likely earn it again.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Last time I checked he got his first two games against the Bears in the playoffs, where the entire roster got WORKED. He played well in the games before he went back to WHL this year. I also said 3W. Based on first two camps he earned the spot on the roster and will likely earn it again.

Absolute rubbish. That is a blatant lie.

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
cross posted
WGR this morning: Kevin Adams trade cost structure/variables have to change to be able to close deals. They have to start outbidding other teams to make deals/get players to Buffalo. I wonder if Jeremy is getting this from the inside ?

Reactions: My Cozen Dylan

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
cross posted
WGR this morning: Kevin Adams trade cost structure/variables have to change to be able to close deals. They have to start outbidding other teams to make deals/get players to Buffalo. I wonder if Jeremy is getting this from the inside ?
I doubt it.

It is just Jeremy being tired of the "we were close to a deal and it fell apart" like everyone else. He is assuming that Adams could get these deals done if he were willing to give up more.

Sometimes that is the case (Chychrun probably) and not in others (Murray & Pesce not waiving).

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013

Savoie has plenty of fiestiness. He's a lot like former Ruff favorite Briere in his ability to head to the net and dog puck carriers.

I'm not saying he should start in the NHL next year, but to paint him as some wilting undersized player is to ignore basically his entire body of work. (pun intended)

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Savoie has plenty of fiestiness. He's a lot like former Ruff favorite Briere in his ability to head to the net and dog puck carriers.

I'm not saying he should start in the NHL next year, but to paint him as some wilting undersized player is to ignore basically his entire body of work. (pun intended)
Briere was not a bottom 6 player.

I see Savoie being a top 6 guy that Lindy would like, just like Briere was.

I do not see Savoie being a bottom 6 guy in a "win Now" season for Lindy.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
cross posted

I think its probably common sense. Adams hasn't been able to add a significant player without sending one the other way. He's bought off the clearance rack with poor results.

My:

Aim Small, miss small summer. No defensive additions, one minor trade, going after secondary UFA forwards.

Reactions: ValJamesDuex

Gabrielor

Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
I think its probably common sense. Adams hasn't been able to add a significant player without sending one the other way. He's bought off the clearance rack with poor results.
and sometimes, if you'd believe, even less.

1719581948107.png

I've posted this picture probably 50 times in the last couple months, in different places.

He made 3 big teardown trades in 21, and then.....traded a few whatever picks for Greenway, and swapped Mitts for Byram. That's it. In 3+ years.

The rest is free asset trades (future considerations. 6 of them), or very minor prospect, pick, or ahl player shuffling.

This picture is my frustration. He can't make any deals that matter unless he's selling off a top player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad