OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: They Blamed Canada

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
I’m still going to go on about how much of a trash QB Pickett is even while he’s hurt.

Hope he recovers okay, but unfortunately this delays the inevitable of the Steelers realizing he’s not the guy. Unfortunately don’t think Mitch or Mason are really that much better.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
This should be the end of the Pickett era, but knowing this org they’ll be in denial and give him another year.

Of this list, I would take Cousins, Tanny, Brissett, Baker, Minshew over Pickett.

Snooki Stackhouse

Dec 6, 2007
Pittsburgh
I’m still going to go on about how much of a trash QB Pickett is even while he’s hurt.

Hope he recovers okay, but unfortunately this delays the inevitable of the Steelers realizing he’s not the guy. Unfortunately don’t think Mitch or Mason are really that much better.
Yep. I'd prefer him out there, sucking week in and week out to ensure they make an assessment on him and move the f*** on. Now it'll be "well we need to see him without Canada for a season". Ugh, maybe 2025 will be the start of something new.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Josey Wales

May 16, 2022
This should be the end of the Pickett era, but knowing this org they’ll be in denial and give him another year.

Of this list, I would take Cousins, Tanny, Brissett, Baker, Minshew over Pickett.
Didn't Cousins Just blow out his Achilles

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

Completely awful opinion to have.

Pickett may not be the guy, but throwing him aside for these trash options is the same kind of shortsighted crap that has the team in this spot in the first place.

If you're going to upgrade at QB, get someone who you can actually win with, not another Pickett caliber guy with slightly different fleas. The short term thinking of "get an improvement but not someone who makes you a legitimate super bowl team" is completely wrong and has put this team in the mess it's in.

Throwing aside Pickett to bring in Minshew is the "throwing aside Conner to draft Najee" decision all over again.

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
Interesting to note that if you dig deep, PFF has the OL as far far worse than ESPN and SIS. Not that I trust any of them a bunch, but there it is.

In any case, I think that's a reflection of the Browns game, where the team got utterly trashed. Incidentally, the other three games this month, pretty sure PFF think Moore was better than Jones so stats wise I'm not sure that's all one bad OT and one good OT

Some other interesting things from the dude's stuff:

Pickett sneaking above efficiency for his line

ESPN loves the OL a whole ton more than PFF

Pickett did what was expected

I have to question any analysis that says SF has a poor offensive line

Reactions: Peat

Smoke

~consume enhance replicate~
Aug 2, 2005
PA
mitch-trubisky.gif

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
Completely awful opinion to have.

Pickett may not be the guy, but throwing him aside for these trash options is the same kind of shortsighted crap that has the team in this spot in the first place.

If you're going to upgrade at QB, get someone who you can actually win with, not another Pickett caliber guy with slightly different fleas. The short term thinking of "get an improvement but not someone who makes you a legitimate super bowl team" is completely wrong and has put this team in the mess it's in.

Throwing aside Pickett to bring in Minshew is the "throwing aside Conner to draft Najee" decision all over again.
What has Pickett shown to give him another year?

Minshew has been good… do you watch teams other than the Steelers?

I’m not sold Penix or Nix are worth drafting in the 1st round. Those are the type of prospects we’re looking at. I’m more than fine with a bridge QB that makes us competitive. If Pickett is the best QB he can earn the job thru camp. Making him the undisputed QB1 going into next year is a massive mistake.

Reactions: Pens x

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
How Trubisky or Rudolph look will actually tell us a lot about Kenny, IMO. This is the "control group."
Thus far, Mitch did...ok. He made a bad play on the Cole snap, which is mostly Cole's fault. But then he scored (in garbage time).
Ready to see a few more weeks. If the offense is similarly or more impotent, that will mean Kenny is definitely better than backup quarterbacks. But if it gets better, that indicates that Kenny sucked this year.

Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
I am fine if you want to bench KP when he is healthy and work with him. This game plan the Steelers have on a game to game basis is not doing him any favors.
If they are not willing to tear the playbook up in the offseason and bring in a legit OC what is the point?

Victor Z

Trade me right f**king now!
Sponsor
Apr 10, 2018
The Burgh
I’m having a hard time understanding how it is that high. This looks like a 13-6 game all day long.

The final score on Thursday should look like that of a bowling match -- that's called off after one frame.

But since it SHOULD look that way, somehow it probably won't.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
The negative is that the chance to evaluate him is put the window now.

On the other hand, given the offense that the Steelers still run, the chance to properly evaluate him went out the window the day he was drafted.

The only way he develops is if Tomlin makes a great hire for OC.

Anyone who believes that is happening is either delusional or hasn’t been paying attention the last several years.

The only way this team contends again is finding a generational QB that can overcome Tomlin’s incompetence, or Tomlin getting fired.

Both are about as realistic as Tomlin winning another SB.

Reactions: ZorkEnchanter

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
Minshew has been mediocre and he is showing that he is a good backup. Same as Kenny. Same as Trubisky.

As much as I think Kenny isn’t the guy, Minshew also isn’t the guy.
Regardless, my point stands that Pickett isn’t the guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad