OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: They Blamed Canada

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Connor was and is always hurt. Moving on him from his about 65th in the pantheon of issues with this team - another guy who is just a guy.

26 points in 2 games post-Canada against two of the worst defenses in the NFL. Seems he was just the tip of the iceberg.

I think it's less "they miss Conner" and more "they moved on from Connor to just use a 1st rounder on another RB".

Not bringing back Conner wasn't the mistake, using a 1st on Najee was the mistake. It's not even really Najee's fault either, it's just where the Steelers were as a team.

MrBrightside

May 5, 2010
Franklin Park, PA
I think it's less "they miss Conner" and more "they moved on from Connor to just use a 1st rounder on another RB".

Not bringing back Conner wasn't the mistake, using a 1st on Najee was the mistake. It's not even really Najee's fault either, it's just where the Steelers were as a team.
It was and is a terrible use of resources to use that pick on Najee. No doubt about it.

Reactions: RustyRazor

mynameisnick4

Jan 18, 2012
Pittsburgh
Watching SF and Philly is like watching a different sport. The Steelers are so far behind the curve on where football is and where its going. Truly depressing.
Yeah, that's why it was absolutely mind boggling where some people had the Steelers in power rankings after last week. A lot of them had the Bills below the Steelers. The Bills would beat this team probably 95 times out of 100. The league has blown past Tomlin and the "Steeler way".

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Smoke

~consume enhance replicate~
Aug 2, 2005
PA
Will Minkah be able to play with a broken hand? He played the rest of the game with a cast. 🤔

Josey Wales

May 16, 2022

https://twitter.com/TraiDay79
@TraiDay79
·
55m

I am legit trying my best to be even keel and not over react, but the non competitive product we put on the field today is an indictment vs Tomlin. That’s just being real. I love my coach. He usually gets the most out of guys. But this is bad. Plain and simple.

Alan Saunders

@ASaunders_PGH

Mike Tomlin at the podium: "Horrible day at the office. We didn't do much right in that game, to be quite honest with you. We've got to own that ... starting first and foremost with me. ... JV football in a lot of ways." HC Cliché Boys & Girls

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Which is the more disciplined and better coached team between the Steelers and the Penguins? I’m conflicted…both of these coaches needed to be fired years ago lol and they’re both so so stubborn

Reactions: TNT87

Mr Jeff Jimerson

May 9, 2013
Watching SF and Philly is like watching a different sport. The Steelers are so far behind the curve on where football is and where its going. Truly depressing.
Eagles first and goal from the 2. 2 straight QB sneaks for a TD.

Steelers fourth and goal from the half yard line. Shotgun run play.

It makes me sick to my stomach.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
The real Cancer is Rooney & HC Cliché

JT gave us some hope with the young Rooney taking over at some point.

Maybe he will have a modern approach and rid us of Tomlin.

AR2 is not getting any younger and this is about the age DR was when he turned over the reigns.

Eagles first and goal from the 2. 2 straight QB sneaks for a TD.

Steelers fourth and goal from the half yard line. Shotgun run play.

It makes me sick to my stomach.

There is also this voodoo called “play action” you can use on the goal line.

It’s true, look it up.

Which is the more disciplined and better coached team between the Steelers and the Penguins? I’m conflicted…both of these coaches needed to be fired years ago lol and they’re both so so stubborn

At least Sullivan has won something in the last decade.

Press conference championships don’t actually count.

Last edited:

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Our main offseason goals for me;

Fire Tomlin
Get rid of Percy Harvin and DJ
Get a new QB
Draft OL Help

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
was at the game until the 2nd half rain delay. Fun first 3 or 4 plays. Glad I left when I did, my melting pot dessert was definitely better than the 2nd half.

Reactions: Andy99

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
I don’t get the obsession with playing Harris over Warren. Today was a real horrible game plan. The ownership must be shaking their heads at the display today. I watched the whole game today with other games on. To be honest, if I was another teams fan, I’d be laughing and cracking jokes about the Steelers. They are tough to watch.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
There is also this voodoo called “play action” you can use on the goal line.
I hate that we did the most obvious possible thing with 4th and 1 with KP going out injured. You almost have to kick it just based on how predictable that play is. That sucks but come on, you just aren't going to throw it with your backup QB on his first play on 4th and 1.

Reactions: JTG

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
I hate that we did the most obvious possible thing with 4th and 1 with KP going out injured. You almost have to kick it just based on how predictable that play is. That sucks but come on, you just aren't going to throw it with your backup QB on his first play on 4th and 1.

I disagree. You have to sneak it or try. If you fail you should be able to get a stop with the opponent backed up. Then you're getting the ball again at the 50 at worst, when you have 1-2 first downs to be back in field goal range.

The offense failed and then the defense epically failed to stop AZ subsequently.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I disagree. You have to sneak it or try. If you fail you should be able to get a stop with the opponent backed up. Then you're getting the ball again at the 50 at worst, when you have 1-2 first downs to be back in field goal range.

The offense failed and then the defense epically failed to stop AZ subsequently.
I mean you're right. I just know we aren't that good to just do what we want when they see it coming.

Reactions: ChaosAgent

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
I mean you're right. I just know we aren't that good to just do what we want when they see it coming.

If we truly had a 0% chance of passing the ball, I don't even see why Trubisky is on the field. Direct snap it to Harris and let Warren go alongside to give him an option. If we don't have tush push, and we don't, we need some element of Wildcat IMO.

Reactions: Ogrezilla
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad