OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: They Blamed Canada

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Somewhere, Matt Canada is loving this.

Im so sick of Pickett. We’ve pissed away two seasons for this idiot.

Snooki Stackhouse

Dec 6, 2007
Pittsburgh
It largely depends on the cost to acquire him. If they have to pay a similar price to what Denver paid for Wilson, I don't think it's worth it. Not because Murray isn't good but because this team isn't a good QB away from doing jack shit.

I fully believe that the Steelers trading a fortune for Murray would go exactly as well as how Wilson has gone for Denver.

That trade was way more than I'd pay for Murray, I agree. Wilson was older too and slowing down, it made no sense.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
“They’re still down 24-9, they can celebrate all they want” lol what a savage takedown by the play by play guy.

Reactions: Jaded-Fan

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
The Steelers trying to maximize the years they have with TJ and Minkah is a major reason why the team is in the spot it is in right now. You can go all the way back to the Minkah trade in the first place and argue that's where the mistakes started.

I think this team has flaws, but they absolutely should be better that they've been this year. Maybe not by record but absolutely by performance. The coaching of this team has been an absolute joke for years.

DJ is an absolute clown for dancing for catching a TD while the team is down 24-10.

Snooki Stackhouse

Dec 6, 2007
Pittsburgh
I don't perceive that Murray has the same value as Watson and Wilson.
The anticipation for Watson and Wilson to be traded was overwhelming. Teams thought getting one would make them an instant SB contender.

Potentially a 2nd and odds/ends gets it done.
I think it'd take a first but hopefully stopped there. For a first I'd do it. You have a decent QB and don't have to roll the dice in the 15-25 range.

Reactions: ChaosAgent

ZorkEnchanter

Aug 16, 2020
how about this:
Canada sucked, KP sucked, Mitch sucks, offense sucks, defense sucks, and on the top of everything Tomlin is fraud and joke

and don't forget ownership that also sucks...

I mean you could stack rank them : )

But I think you covered it...

RustyRazor

né Selfish Man
Mar 9, 2004
PNW
Conner's biggest issue here was that he was made of glass for two straight seasons. I agree that spending a 1st on Najee was foolish, but I think the team needed to move on from Conner regardless based on recent history.

Reactions: chizzler

Josey Wales

May 16, 2022
this will be Mike Tomlin's 43rd loss to an under .500 team in the nfl...this is an NFL record, and is embarrassing!
Chuck Noll's record was 59 wins 1 loss with under .500 teams.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Using a 1st round pick on Najee when they could have resigned Conner for $4M really shows the brain rot infecting this organization.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I would probably do this year's 1st for Murray if they could do that at the draft. You need to figure out how to make the AAV of that deal work, because his cap hit starting next year is between $45 million and $50 million, but the NFL salary cap is fake anyway.

Pickett is on such a cheap deal that I think you'd keep him as a backup and trade Trubisky. Trubisky makes like $7 million a year compared to Pickett's $3.5 million, so I think that little bit extra saved is why you'd probably rather dump Trubisky for nothing over getting like a 3rd or 4th at best for Pickett.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
how about this:
Canada sucked, KP sucked, Mitch sucks, offense sucks, defense sucks, and on the top of everything Tomlin is fraud and joke

and don't forget ownership that also sucks...

Sure, but swap out the names in the future and it will be the same story because one variable hasn’t changed.

Johnson proving all the whispers about him with that celebration down two scores.

Fast DJ only gets fast when it doesn’t matter anymore.

Reactions: Josey Wales

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
I would probably do this year's 1st for Murray if they could do that at the draft. You need to figure out how to make the AAV of that deal work, because his cap hit starting next year is between $45 million and $50 million, but the NFL salary cap is fake anyway.

Pickett is on such a cheap deal that I think you'd keep him as a backup and trade Trubisky. Trubisky makes like $7 million a year compared to Pickett's $3.5 million, so I think that little bit extra saved is why you'd probably rather dump Trubisky for nothing over getting like a 3rd or 4th at best for Pickett.

From what I understand about the NFL cap, which as you said is fake, Arizona eats the ~$50M guaranteed money in a trade. We are therefore looking at closer to the $35-$40M range. Still a lot though.

Hard to say trading a 1st and taking on all that obligation vs. drafting Daniels or going for Cousins.

Smoke

~consume enhance replicate~
Aug 2, 2005
PA
Watching SF and Philly is like watching a different sport. The Steelers are so far behind the curve on where football is and where its going. Truly depressing.
You hit the nail on the head.

Even when these teams struggle they look like SB contenders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad