GDT: The Pittsburgher Thread: The Steelers out-stupid the Raiders!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Don’t get too full of yourself...

My wife walked in and saw the last couple plays and said, “that Boswell guy will miss this...”

This is someone who knows her hockey, but only watches the NFL so she can see Brady in tight pants.

Pffft. Where was you're wife when the Steelers went up 21-17? Was she prophetic like me about there being too much time on the clock? :sarcasm:

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
Derwin James, and now you're talking. :naughty:

BTW, Steelers fans, who here thinks the Steelers defensive coaches would find a way to neuter someone like James if we had him. :laugh:

They had the chance to trade up to draft him and missed out. Like you said though it wouldn’t have mattered because they would have messed him up

Reactions: KIRK

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
okay so I figured it had to be Ben's call to stay out then changed his mind to go in when he did. Apparently it was Tomlin. That's terrible.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
I wonder how the meeting between Art II and the minority owners will go after the season? The same minority owners who wanted Tomlin gone after the playoff debacle against the Jaguars.

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
Oh, the whole defensive scheme is ****. You can see that. BUT, 4th and goal, and you bring a lame ass 4 man rush with no press coverage and a defender who starts 5 yards off and then back up another 4 yards to 2 yards into the endzone. Just found that angle especially disturbing . . .

Who was Hilton on? You're not typically going to run press with a 5'8" 185 lbs CB

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I wonder how the meeting between Art II and the minority owners will go after the season? The same minority owners who wanted Tomlin gone after the playoff debacle against the Jaguars.

Tough to know. It's not like the defense is going to get a chance to give up 40 in a wildcard game this year . . .

Reactions: Shockmaster

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
We really do need some top picks. So many of these top defensive players were picked in top 10(some around 12-13 but we still dont get that high).

Only way we are going to pick that high is when Ben retires(assuming Rudolph doesnt pan out...Dobbs sure as hell isn't). People talk about the guys we missed on but look at other teams...did alot worse in the draft picking higher. The ones who did have some success were picking in top 10 for a handful of years in a row before turning it around. Even the Saints had 11th and 12th overall back to back years before becoming what they are this season.

Team like the Bears for example are the latest example. Handful of years of picking in top 10....finally got it right lately. And now seeing the results. Jags as well(off year this season..but they will bounce back as soon as they get a QB..and will have another year picking top ten). Not every team has success constantly picking that high(Browns...Lions)..but it would be nice if we had a few years here and there to get that top draft pick.

In the past we did it with Hampton at 19, Polamalu at 16, Ben at 11. Those 3 were all huge in us winning 2 out of 3. We don't without them. Imagine if we got a few top ten picks.

Id take a 4-12 season over another loss in the playoffs that should have been a win. Especially since I think we are only a few pieces away right now from winning it all.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Hey @Mr Jiggyfly . . .

Looks like next week we'll have LB's on Patriots wideouts only every other play instead of every play.

Reminds me of a boss I had whose response to anything was, "We're going to have to make some tough, smart decisions" and then never did. But he was canned a lot faster than Tomlin.

Reactions: KIRK

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Yeah you're not going run press on a 6'4" 244 lbs TE with Mike Hilton. Might as well pull someone out of the stands to cover him

Well, you could press to disrupt timing and bring pressure instead of playing soft. I mean, I know the Steelers cream puff 4 man rush with soft coverage formula has been a winner for so long, but still . . .

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012

Can someone translate this for me?

"The standard is the standard" "Low-hanging fruit" "We accept that" "Obviously" "Such is life in the National Football League" "Splash plays" "<insert empty platitude here>"

Reactions: TNT87

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
Well, you could press to disrupt timing and bring pressure instead of playing soft. I mean, I know the Steelers cream puff 4 man rush with soft coverage formula has been a winner for so long, but still . . .

I don't disagree with running press but you don't do it with a guy giving up 60 lbs

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
True, but they could still give up 40 to Andy Dalton's back-up in Week 17.

Cincy played the Chargers tough today in LA. The QB was a serviceable 18-27 for 170 against an okay defense there. I'm not sure he'd hang 40 on the Steelers D, but I wouldn't bet against 30.

Snooki Stackhouse

Dec 6, 2007
Pittsburgh
Both my wife and I celebrated the hook and ladder play, but immediately quieted up and groaned when we realized it was on Boswell for a 40 yarder. f*** that guy.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I don't disagree with running press but you don't do it with a guy giving up 60 lbs

Or you use someone else.

My objection was Hilton playing off there and then backing up 2 yards into the end zone.

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
Or you use someone else.

My objection was Hilton playing off there and then backing up 2 yards into the end zone.

I think it was zone coverage and he got taken out of the play by another route. It was a well designed play by the Raiders

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
Hot take, I know, but I don't think we win another game this season.

Patriots and Saints are playing for top seeding. They won't f*** around with us. They both blow us out.

And I predict that many of our star offensive players, including Ben, will probably be hurt and choose not to play against Cinci - since it will be for nothing anyways. And Cinci has their fun with us.

And another hot take: Tomlin won't be fired. Ever. For any reason. He's a "Rooney Rule" hire. End of discussion imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad