GDT: The Pittsburgher Thread: The Steelers out-stupid the Raiders!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
@Mr Jiggyfly Glad you had fun with your kids...

I didn't watch a lick, I watched Santa Clause with my kids while we did the tree, now watching Santa Clause 3.

I didn't have the high/lows you must have felt. Kids obviously being the highs with a few plays in there. I will not watch another game. It's fools gold.

Yeah = hanging out with family is definitely preferable, especially as kids get older. I'll always love to watch the Steelers as Sunday entertainment, but I'm way past the point of getting upset if they lose.

Reactions: Ugene Malkin

Shaftception

Apr 6, 2011
If I'm Tomlin, I'd consider retiring after Ben does, hoping his regular season record and championship gets him in the HoF before he has a chance to ruin it with a post-HoF quarterback team.

He's been carried to his regular season record by HoF talent, and once that's gone, the "never had a losing season" argument for his greatness is quickly going to go out the window.

He should get out while his reputation is still respected in the football community. Only thing working against him is he's still relatively young.

Somewhat joking.
...but not really.

mynameisnick4

Jan 18, 2012
Pittsburgh
How does Tomlin still have a job? Screw the "history" and "tradition" of the Steelers when it comes to coaches and screw the Rooney rule. He is an awful coach.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
th

BlackAndGold87

Jul 13, 2017
Tomlin is an idiot but if Ben wanted to go back in he could've...

Wtf is going on? This is a flat out collapses

Joejosh999

Mar 13, 2014
What I get from looking at him is that he is a arrogant f***-tard and he sounds like a total d***head. Just my opinion tho

He’s a real d*bag in his weekly pressers too. No idea how the reporters stay polite w him. Just basically pisses on their questions.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Watch us beat the Pats now that I want us to lose out(get a better pick and maybe...maybe fire tomlin).

Too obvious.

We will make the playoffs and lose like we usually do(Tomlin ) and he keeps his job.

Cant believe Ben wasnt back in. You just lost 2 games in a row and still show that much arrogance? I called it..said when we lose the lead he will be back in. Was joking . I know Tomlin is bad...but that inept?

The media has to start putting the pressure on Rooney. Calling out Tomlin constantly. This is a joke and weve been wasting years...the last of Bens career without winning it all again. Allowing the Pats to reach the Superbowl every year on top of it.

Harbaugh is likely leaving the Ravens...would love to have him. Hell Id take anybody with the talent we have.

A shame this much talent is wasted every year.

Btw Ben was 25-29 289 yards 2 TDs. Scores with ease on his only drive in the 2nd half. Dobbs was pathetic yet Tomlin didnt care.

I dont think Rooney cares at this point either actually. We would have seen a change by now

Reactions: KIRK and Andy99

bingobangobongo

Jun 14, 2010
3 SBs in first 7 seasons, 0 SBs in last 7 going on 8 seasons with Roethlisberger. His career was wasted on Colbert/Tomlin. They fornicate like Canaanites about their 3 HC in 50 years and in the end it's gonna cost them the same.

Just 1 more from Crosby/Malkin to tie the Steelers 6-6 in championships. I think they've already shown that championship or bust is a way that can work.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Bos can go straight to hell.

Tomlin and his laughable clock management can go straight to hell.

Butler and his laughable defense can go straight to hell.

I don't understand what happened. The Steelers were leading at half time. People got their QB of the future and their improved defense against a crap Raiders team. You mean that is NOT the winning recipe?

Reactions: Shockmaster

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Infuriating game. Tomlin not paying attention to the game? Doesn’t throw flag on dropped ball in the first half. Then his usual clock management. Rooney’s are losing my respect really. This guy is a moron.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
3 SBs in first 7 seasons, 0 SBs in last 7 going on 8 seasons with Roethlisberger. His career was wasted on Colbert/Tomlin. They fornicate like Canaanites about their 3 HC in 50 years and in the end it's gonna cost them the same.

Just 1 more from Crosby/Malkin to tie the Steelers 6-6 in championships. I think they've already shown that championship or bust is a way that can work.

One of the dumbest things this organization did was to retire Arians when the defense got Tebow'd.

Reactions: USMC607

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Infuriating game. Tomlin not paying attention to the game? Doesn’t throw flag on dropped ball in the first half. Then his usual clock management. Rooney’s are losing my respect really. This guy is a moron.

Not calling a timeout after the run on first and goal was peak 'hold my beer Andy Reid' Tomlin.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Worst coached game I've ever seen.

Didn't call a TO after Oakland got the 1st.

Called a TO when the play was dead

Didn't try to get a few more yards with 5 seconds left and a TO left.

How is he a coach?

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
To win the division, the Steelers need at worst the same record as the Ravens. The Steelers finish with the Pats, at Saints, and Bengals. The Ravens finish with the Bucs, at Chargers (in what COULD be a fairly meaningless game if the Chiefs win Thursday), and Browns.

For WC2, they would need to finish with the same record or better than all of the 7-6 Titans (at Giants, Redskins, Colts), Colts (Cowboys, Giants, at Titans), and Dolphins (at Vikings, Jags, at Bills). The 6-7 Broncos certainly ****** themselves today, but the Steelers COULD go 1-2 while the Broncos go 3-0 (Browns, at Raiders, at Chargers in what could be a meaningless finale for the Chargers).

Simply put, if the Steelers find a way to finish 2-1, they could win the division or probably could hold on for WC2 at worst.

If the Steelers finish 1-2 or worse, which I fully expect, they're toast.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Worst coached game I've ever seen.

Didn't call a TO after Oakland got the 1st.

Called a TO when the play was dead

Didn't try to get a few more yards with 5 seconds left and a TO left.

How is he a coach?

The standard is the standard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad