GDT: The Pittsburgher Thread: The Steelers out-stupid the Raiders!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Watch us beat the Pats now that I want us to lose out(get a better pick and maybe...maybe fire tomlin).

Too obvious.

We will make the playoffs and lose like we usually do(Tomlin ) and he keeps his job.

Cant believe Ben wasnt back in. You just lost 2 games in a row and still show that much arrogance? I called it..said when we lose the lead he will be back in. Was joking . I know Tomlin is bad...but that inept?

The media has to start putting the pressure on Rooney. Calling out Tomlin constantly. This is a joke and weve been wasting years...the last of Bens career without winning it all again. Allowing the Pats to reach the Superbowl every year on top of it.

Harbaugh is likely leaving the Ravens...would love to have him. Hell Id take anybody with the talent we have.

A shame this much talent is wasted every year.

Btw Ben was 25-29 289 yards 2 TDs. Scores with ease on his only drive in the 2nd half. Dobbs was pathetic yet Tomlin didnt care.

I dont think Rooney cares at this point either actually. We would have seen a change by now

This 100%.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I feel Tomlin is identical to Bylsma. People claim he wins but hes doing it because he was gifted Ben. If he was fired, he'd land 1 job like DB then be unemployed or back to being a db coach. He has zero skills outside of being a terrific motivator for some.

Reactions: Andy99 and KIRK

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I feel Tomlin is identical to Bylsma. People claim he wins but hes doing it because he was gifted Ben. If he was fired, he'd land 1 job like DB then be unemployed or back to being a db coach. He has zero skills outside of being a terrific motivator for some.

Don't worry. This week, they'll retire Fichtner to prove they believe in accountability.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Worst coached game I've ever seen.

Didn't call a TO after Oakland got the 1st.

Called a TO when the play was dead

Didn't try to get a few more yards with 5 seconds left and a TO left.

How is he a coach?

Tomlin did a ton of ridiculous and stupid things again, but kicking the fg with 5s left was the right call.

Don't worry. This week, they'll retire Fichtner to prove they believe in accountability.

Was thinking that earlier... finally get a coordinator that has them tops in the league in the red zone, and they would prob fire him before the real clowns.

mynameisnick4

Jan 18, 2012
Pittsburgh
I really want to know what was going through his mind on the last set of downs for Oakland. It was first and goal, they had 4 shots at the endzone regardless if you use your timeouts or not (barring a defensive penalty.) The only thing that changes is how much time you have left if they score. Anyone with any sense at all calls a timeout after that first down run, but not Tomlin. He knows better.

Reactions: TNT87 and KIRK

Joejosh999

Mar 13, 2014

Yep, have thought and said similar for awhile.
The parallels are startling, actually. Stubborn game scheming, poor game mgmt, poor matchup mgmt, lack of adjustments, flat out arrogance at times...you can draw many comparisons.

Reactions: ColePens

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Ha. I was just going to say they'll release Boz just to shield Tomlin

Oh, it'll be something like that. BUT, whatever they do, it certainly will have nothing to do with the defense or its coaching.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Tomlin did a ton of ridiculous and stupid things again, but kicking the fg with 5s left was the right call.

If anything, after the long pass play, I was wondering why they didn't call timeout, so as not to rush the kick.

Rudy Russo

Mar 16, 2018
ZZYZX, California
flat,550x550,075,f.u1.jpg

The entire Steelers organization today after losing to the Raiders.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I really want to know what was going through his mind on the last set of downs for Oakland. It was first and goal, they had 4 shots at the endzone regardless if you use your timeouts or not (barring a defensive penalty.) The only thing that changes is how much time you have left if they score. Anyone with any sense at all calls a timeout after that first down run, but not Tomlin. He knows better.

Actually, when you said 'anyone with any sense at all calls timeout', you basically identified why Tomlin didn't.

Reactions: mynameisnick4

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
If anything, after the long pass play, I was wondering why they didn't call timeout, so as not to rush the kick.

Didn’t see that as a biggie, but Tomlin probably thought he could carry that timeout into the NE game so he can misuse it then.

Reactions: KIRK

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005

At least someone in the Pgh media is speaking the truth for once...

Oh, people have been speaking the truth for a while, but there's no chance Rooney fires Tomlin.

Frankly, if he fired Tomlin and Butler tonight, that probably is the only chance to salvage a playoff spot, because you know Hoodie is going to school his ass in a week, and you know that Payton and Brees are going to carve up this defense for 30+ . . . in the first half.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Didn’t see that as a biggie, but Tomlin probably thought he could carry that timeout into the NE game so he can misuse it then.

I realize that you probably posted that with tongue in cheek, but I wouldn't be so sure that Tomlin didn't actually think that.

Not that it would matter . . . he could have a dozen timeouts and be allowed to put 12 men out there for the defense for every play, and he'd still get taken to school by Hoodie.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Oh, people have been speaking the truth for a while, but there's no chance Rooney fires Tomlin.

Frankly, if he fired Tomlin and Butler tonight, that probably is the only chance to salvage a playoff spot, because you know Hoodie is going to school his ass in a week, and you know that Payton and Brees are going to carve up this defense for 30+ . . . in the first half.

What point does winning any of those games do anyway?

So they can get a wildcard and do a Tomlin? I’d love to see them end with a six game losing streak, get a better draft pick, maybe open the Rooneys eyes... but ya... they will prob find a way to win 2 of 3 and sputter into the playoffs, then Tomlin out, and status quo ensues.

EvGeno

Looks like a basketball player!
Jul 11, 2009
Phoenix via Pgh
Meh. At the beginning of the season, I told myself not to get too invested in what the Steelers do (good or bad) since Tomlin is still the coach and they won’t go anywhere with him in the playoffs. It’s kept me sane this year.

Reactions: Andy99 and ColePens

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
What point does winning any of those games do anyway?

So they can get a wildcard and do a Tomlin? I’d love to see them end with a six game losing streak, get a better draft pick, maybe open the Rooneys eyes... but ya... they will prob find a way to win 2 of 3 and sputter into the playoffs, then Tomlin out, and status quo ensues.

The only thing that COULD force the Rooneys hand would be for Ben to say it's him or Tomlin (like Rodgers basically did in GB), but I'm not sure the Rooney's wouldn't trust Tomlin.

BTW, winning tweet reply (so far) . . .

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010

Yup. We win on talent. Like we almost did today. That play to Juju was amazing, but will be forgotten because we lost.

Just like last years playoffs. So many great plays...TDs. Not mentioned because we lost.

Way too much talent for it to be ruined each season. Fans just assume guys in charge of sports teams know what they are doing because they have jobs...couldnt be more wrong about alot of them. All about connections...etc.

So many people in the FOs around sports who dont deserve their job..dont know what they are doing, yet keep it anyway.

I said Rooney doesnt care, he came out last year and said something has to be done. Made some minor coaching changes. We'll see what happens this offseason. I cant imagine the guy is this blind. Hes been around football his whole life. No idea if he has paid attention but I imagine he has. How can he not see whats really holding this team back?

This is why these season ending injuries the last 4 years really hurt us...gave Tomlin an excuse as to why we came up short. Even tho a better coach could have overcome that. We lose Pouncey in the AFCC in 2010...and game plan around BJ Raji(who they thought was the next Reggie White, but is now out of the league) ...they were afraid of Ben getting abused all game. So they take away what he does best..letting him improvise. Everytime the ball was snapped, ball was gone immediately. Ben can now play that style of football..but that wasnt him then. Add on that we didnt have the experienced WRs to fit that game plan(Ben hitting them in stride) and thats why we lost.

All started then. But yeah.." We don't live in our fears".

Reactions: ColePens

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Watch this. To say that Hilton was brutal on the Raiders TD is an understatement of the night (5 yard cushion to the 2 on the outside receiver then backs off 4 yards-- 2 yards into the endzone-- on the snap) . . .

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Yup. We win on talent. Like we almost did today. That play to Juju was amazing, but will be forgotten because we lost.

Just like last years playoffs. So many great plays...TDs. Not mentioned because we lost.

Way too much talent for it to be ruined each season. Fans just assume guys in charge of sports teams know what they are doing because they have jobs...couldnt be more wrong about alot of them. All about connections...etc.

So many people in the FOs around sports who dont deserve their job..dont know what they are doing, yet keep it anyway.

I said Rooney doesnt care, he came out last year and said something has to be done. Made some minor coaching changes. We'll see what happens this offseason. I cant imagine the guy is this blind. Hes been around football his whole life. No idea if he has paid attention but I imagine he has. How can he not see whats really holding this team back?

This is why these season ending injuries the last 4 years really hurt us...gave Tomlin an excuse as to why we came up short. Even tho a better coach could have overcome that. We lose Pouncey in the AFCC in 2010...and game plan around BJ Raji(who they thought was the next Reggie White, but is now out of the league) ...they were afraid of Ben getting abused all game. So they take away what he does best..letting him improvise. Everytime the ball was snapped, ball was gone immediately. Ben can now play that style of football..but that wasnt him then. Add on that we didnt have the experienced WRs to fit that game plan(Ben hitting them in stride) and thats why we lost.

All started then. But yeah.." We don't live in our fears".

Don't worry. Just like when the defense got Tebow'd, they'll show you accountability . . . and retire the OC.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
The only thing that COULD force the Rooneys hand would be for Ben to say it's him or Tomlin (like Rodgers basically did in GB), but I'm not sure the Rooney's wouldn't trust Tomlin.

BTW, winning tweet reply (so far) . . .

Doubt that ever happens... Steelers need to have a couple 6-10 or below seasons and with Roth around it won’t ever happen.

Just saw the Browns can still win the division. That’s how bad this team has become... wow.

Reactions: KIRK
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad