GDT: The Pittsburgher Thread: The Steelers out-stupid the Raiders!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Yup. We win on talent. Like we almost did today. That play to Juju was amazing, but will be forgotten because we lost.

Just like last years playoffs. So many great plays...TDs. Not mentioned because we lost.

Way too much talent for it to be ruined each season. Fans just assume guys in charge of sports teams know what they are doing because they have jobs...couldnt be more wrong about alot of them. All about connections...etc.

So many people in the FOs around sports who dont deserve their job..dont know what they are doing, yet keep it anyway.

I said Rooney doesnt care, he came out last year and said something has to be done. Made some minor coaching changes. We'll see what happens this offseason. I cant imagine the guy is this blind. Hes been around football his whole life. No idea if he has paid attention but I imagine he has. How can he not see whats really holding this team back?

This is why these season ending injuries the last 4 years really hurt us...gave Tomlin an excuse as to why we came up short. Even tho a better coach could have overcome that. We lose Pouncey in the AFCC in 2010...and game plan around BJ Raji(who they thought was the next Reggie White, but is now out of the league) ...they were afraid of Ben getting abused all game. So they take away what he does best..letting him improvise. Everytime the ball was snapped, ball was gone immediately. Ben can now play that style of football..but that wasnt him then. Add on that we didnt have the experienced WRs to fit that game plan(Ben hitting them in stride) and thats why we lost.

All started then. But yeah.." We don't live in our fears".

a) Art doesn't have the same football acumen as Dan (though to be fair, most owners don't).

b) Being the first Steeler owner to fire a head coach in 50 years probably gives him cold feet.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC

At this point, Art II has to start taking heat if he allows this to continue.

Remember Art II gave us this guy................................................

18s0hu3zqtqrljpg.jpg

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Doubt that ever happens... Steelers need to have a couple 6-10 or below seasons and with Roth around it won’t ever happen.

Just saw the Browns can still win the division. That’s how bad this team has become... wow.

at Broncos, Bengals, at Ravens . . . 2 games back . . . not impossible, but I'd probably rather be in the Ravens shoes than anyone else in the division.

BTW, I'm not sure Roth wouldn't press the issue. If you were him, and you could go another year or two tops, why would you entrust the end of your career to Tomlin? For what? He doesn't need the money. He doesn't need the mediocrity. Rodgers just did in GB for similar reasons, and I never thought that day would come.

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
I am one who typically will blame Tomlin for a lot because he deserves a ton of blame for things. I don’t believe that Ben not coming back in was his decision. I think Ben was all over that because he is the king of drama. I think he wanted to come in on his white horse and save the day when they needed it.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Christ, here's the EXACT quote . . .

Dobbs was 4 of 9 for 24 yards. I think collectively, including Dobbs' 15 yards on the ground, they added 30 total yards on the ground. This was over about 35 minutes. Call me crazy, but the only thing flowing there was Tomlin's bull****.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I am one who typically will blame Tomlin for a lot because he deserves a ton of blame for things. I don’t believe that Ben not coming back in was his decision. I think Ben was all over that because he is the king of drama. I think he wanted to come in on his white horse and save the day when they needed it.

No, I think you're wrong on this one. Tomlin even ADMITTED that you're wrong. He CHOSE to keep Roethlisberger out until he had no choice.

Reactions: JimmyTwoTimes

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I probably missed this, but if he was cleared to play at halftime, why didn't he come out of the locker room until there were 8 or 9 minutes left in Q3?

Because Tomlin is a moron and figured they'd be fine without him.

Reactions: JimmyTwoTimes

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Ben should deman Tomlin is fired or he retires

100%. As I said to @Mr Jiggyfly, why should he come back if Tomlin's here. He doesn't need the money. He doesn't need to waste another year or two throwing away what chance of another SB he might have at the altar of Tomlin's incompetence.

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
No, I think you're wrong on this one. Tomlin even ADMITTED that you're wrong. He CHOSE to keep Roethlisberger out until he had no choice.

It wouldn’t surprise me if that were the case here and Tomlin was just being his normal arrogant self... I will say this though, if I was right and it was Ben’s call I’m pretty sure Tomlin wouldn’t really come out and say it. He would come up with some weak ass excuse as to why he wasn’t in... it wouldn’t surprise me if it was Tomlin’s call either though because he is a garbage coach

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
at Broncos, Bengals, at Ravens . . . 2 games back . . . not impossible, but I'd probably rather be in the Ravens shoes than anyone else in the division.

BTW, I'm not sure Roth wouldn't press the issue. If you were him, and you could go another year or two tops, why would you entrust the end of your career to Tomlin? For what? He doesn't need the money. He doesn't need the mediocrity. Rodgers just did in GB for similar reasons, and I never thought that day would come.

It’s not likely, but the fact the Clowns have a decent chance because of the clowns speaks volumes...

Roth is kind of a douche and he apparently helped issue out Haley... so I dunno maybe there is a chance. Just doesn’t seem like it will ever happen.

I just sit through games laughing now because you expect this shit. But I feel bad for the good players, especially a guy like JuJu... dude is a superstar in the making and is going to have 100 catches in his second year. That’s crazy...

Reactions: KIRK

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
It’s not likely, but the fact the Clowns have a decent chance because of the clowns speaks volumes...

Roth is kind of a *****e and he apparently helped issue out Haley... so I dunno maybe there is a chance. Just doesn’t seem like it will ever happen.

I just sit through games laughing now because you expect this ****. But I feel bad for the good players, especially a guy like JuJu... dude is a superstar in the making and is going to have 100 catches in his second year. That’s crazy...

I’ll trade you guys Ken Whisenhunt for JuJu

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005

Roth is kind of a *****e and he apparently helped issue out Haley... so I dunno maybe there is a chance. Just doesn’t seem like it will ever happen.

I just sit through games laughing now because you expect this ****. But I feel bad for the good players, especially a guy like JuJu... dude is a superstar in the making and is going to have 100 catches in his second year. That’s crazy...

I went to a sportsbar to watch this one. The second we scored the go ahead TD, I screamed 'too much time'. The second we hit that hook and ladder, I said to myself 'Boswell will miss it'.

Again, I don't know what WILL happen, but I can't fathom why Roth would have any interest in another year or two for this ****.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010

I want to keep seeing more of this out there. If we are going to lose...this is how I want it to happen. Games where it was obviously Tomlins fault. Getting us closer to him being gone. They keep adding up, one of these games that wont be forgotten. Just like the Jags loss...when Tomlin was telling Dungy about a rematch with the Pats on national tv . Another strike.

Still rooting for them to win and turn this around of course, but when we do lose this is exactly how I want it to happen lol.

As bad as our coaching is we still have the talent to beat any team. And yes that includes the Pats. We saw that last year...and the Pats are getting worse.

We just lost 3 in a row(this was the worst by far , sitting Ben just because the Raiders are 2-10...no doubt Tomlin truly does overlook teams) ..I guarantee we beat the Pats now. So obvious.

Saints ? Idk. But we win next week.

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
Watch this. To say that Hilton was brutal on the Raiders TD is an understatement of the night (5 yard cushion to the 2 on the outside receiver then backs off 4 yards-- 2 yards into the endzone-- on the snap) . . .

TBF it's tough to tell if this is on the player or the scheme

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I’ll trade you guys Ken Whisenhunt for JuJu

Derwin James, and now you're talking. :naughty:

BTW, Steelers fans, who here thinks the Steelers defensive coaches would find a way to neuter someone like James if we had him. :laugh:

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I want to keep seeing more of this out there. If we are going to lose...this is how I want it to happen. Games where it was obviously Tomlins fault. Getting us closer to him being gone. They keep adding up, one of these games that wont be forgotten. Just like the Jags loss...when Tomlin was telling Dungy about a rematch with the Pats on national tv . Another strike.

Still rooting for them to win and turn this around of course, but when we do lose this is exactly how I want it to happen lol.

As bad as our coaching is we still have the talent to beat any team. And yes that includes the Pats. We saw that last year...and the Pats are getting worse.

We just lost 3 in a row(this was the worst by far , sitting Ben just because the Raiders are 2-10...no doubt Tomlin truly does overlook teams) ..I guarantee we beat the Pats now. So obvious.

Saints ? Idk. But we win next week.

Tomlin is getting ripped pretty good on twitter, especially for this 'in the flow' bull****.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
I went to a sportsbar to watch this one. The second we scored the go ahead TD, I screamed 'too much time'. The second we hit that hook and ladder, I said to myself 'Boswell will miss it'.

Again, I don't know what WILL happen, but I can't fathom why Roth would have any interest in another year or two for this ****.

Don’t get too full of yourself...

My wife walked in and saw the last couple plays and said, “that Boswell guy will miss this...”

This is someone who knows her hockey, but only watches the NFL so she can see Brady in tight pants.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
TBF it's tough to tell if this is on the player or the scheme

Oh, the whole defensive scheme is ****. You can see that. BUT, 4th and goal, and you bring a lame ass 4 man rush with no press coverage and a defender who starts 5 yards off and then back up another 4 yards to 2 yards into the endzone. Just found that angle especially disturbing . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad