OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Super Bowl 50

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

wheelz87

LGP
Jun 28, 2011
Pittsburgh
cam seems exurbant to me. Aaron Rodgers runs around giving himself wrestling championship belts and doesn't get **** for it

Well Rodgers is a dbag too.

Carolina, years ago, were my favorite team. (besides the Steelers) Then they drafted Cam. So I don't really care who wins this one. Maybe I'm just a sicko but I kinda find it hilarious that Eli has more rings than Peyton and for the most part, despite being one of the greatest of all-time, Peyton has always struggled in the playoffs.

Gold Diamond

Watermarks
Jul 11, 2008
Coatesville, PA
So happy the Cheatriots lost. I wouldn't have a problem with Carolina if not for Cam Newton. And I wouldn't have a problem with Cam Newton if he didn't do a stupid dance for every yard he gains.

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
Apparently this is the only approved celebration you're allowed to have in the NFL if you don't want to be labeled an idiot...

peyton-manning-papa-johns-franchises-making-money-post-marijuana-legalization.gif

Remember Steelers fans, you root for guys like this...

antonio-brown-td-celebration.gif

william-gay-still-celebrating.gif

jags8.jpg

2011+AFC+Championship+New+York+Jets+v+Pittsburgh+aQcdj8-16yul.jpg

Asuna

Lvl 94 Sub-Leader
Apr 27, 2014
Pittsburgh
Last year you were cheering for the Blackhawks and now you're cheering for Denver to get crushed. Man, your future endeavours may need well wishing.

Haha.

I really didn't mind Denver much until the Steelers lost that game. They should have won that game, and yes I'm still bitter about it.

Plus the Panthers were my favorite team when I was a kid, so that would be cool if they won.

Last edited:

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
Well Rodgers is a dbag too.

Carolina, years ago, were my favorite team. (besides the Steelers) Then they drafted Cam. So I don't really care who wins this one. Maybe I'm just a sicko but I kinda find it hilarious that Eli has more rings than Peyton and for the most part, despite being one of the greatest of all-time, Peyton has always struggled in the playoffs.

You must be a Alabama fan. lol

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
So happy the Cheatriots lost. I wouldn't have a problem with Carolina if not for Cam Newton. And I wouldn't have a problem with Cam Newton if he didn't do a stupid dance for every yard he gains.

Oh you mean like Antonio Brown?

Thats just the new NFL. Everyone feels the need to "hotdog" nowadays. Probably why I like Heath Miller so much. He plays the game the way I was brought up to play. Hand the ball to the official, get back to the huddle/sideline and act like you have been there before. But thats not the reality anymore.

I like the Panthers simply because they were born while I was stationed in North Carolina. I have no problem with Cam or for that matter with Peyton. Just glad like the rest of you that the Patriots and more specifically Brady/Bilicheck won't be going. Looking forward to an exciting game either way.

Last edited:

Gold Diamond

Watermarks
Jul 11, 2008
Coatesville, PA
Anyone who excessively celebrates is an idiot, Steeler or no.

Can Newton needs to act like he's done this before. But if he wins a title next month, he can act however he pleases. Winning gives you that right.

Goalie_Bob

1992 Vezina (2nd)
Dec 30, 2005
Pittsburgh
I have zero issue with celebrating when it is warranted. Like when the players gets a touchdown or a sack. I don't even mind the first down celebrations.

But when someone like Mike Mitchell is celebrating that he hit someone after they just completed a 17 yard pass for a first down. Drives me nuts. Or the Coup de grace was when he hit that guy and forced a fumble and then was too busy celebrating to pick up the ball. I wanted to reach through the TV and strangle him and I'm not a violent person at all. But I would have.....

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
90% of players celebrate after every positive play. I've seen CBs dance after an incompletion where they got torched but the WR dropped it.

I think it's stupid, but it doesn't affect my viewership

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
Anyone who excessively celebrates is an idiot, Steeler or no.

Can Newton needs to act like he's done this before. But if he wins a title next month, he can act however he pleases. Winning gives you that right.

Problem with that is that he hasn't done this before at least not in the NFL. Carolina has never had a season like this. 15-1 in in the regular season and purely dominate in the playoffs so far.

Like I said, I'm not a fan of all the showboat antics. Brown's flip in the end zone still pisses me off for the simple reason that he put himself in front of the team. What if he was injured? Or better yet, crippled himself for life by breaking his neck?

Honestly us Steeler fans shouldn't be talking **** about celebrating. Our players are just as guilty. Somebody posted several earlier. We have no room to talk about others as far as I'm concerned.

Mischa

Feb 11, 2012
Personally I like seeing celebrations since its more fun to watch players have fun. The panthers really are a blast to watch (when they're not playing not-to-lose)

I don't think there should be any celebration rules. Just call penalties when its taunting or if it breaks other rules (like too many men on the field, delay of game etc)

but yeah don't do anything dangerous and you're an idiot if you celebrate something that wasn't actually positive

mynameisnick4

Jan 18, 2012
Pittsburgh
I like Cam and the Panthers because of how they ruffle everyone's feathers. Why are people so against personality? I'd rather watch Cam and his antics all day than something cookie cutter like Peyton.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
I actually knew more Atlanta and Steelers fans than Carolina fans when I lived in Charleston. Though college sports were the priority to most down there.

There are a ton of Steelers fans in South Carolina. I believe the NFL did a survey and the Steelers were neck and neck with the Panther for ownership of the state. Charleston is split up pretty evenly between the Steelers, Atlanta and the Panthers. But in the Myrtle Beach area, the Steelers own it. In fact, there is a local Myrtle Beach FM station that is a part of the Steelers radio network.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad