OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Super Bowl 50

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
The Broncos pass rush is completely unbelievable. A pass rush will always be the great equalizer in this league. Brady has zero time to think or allow guys to get open.

Watching this game, you see how insanely good Gronkowski is. Nobody tries tackling him. Guys just throw themselves in the way and hope he trips. Really an awesome specimen to watch, and I think he plays the game the right way. Has an insane amount of passion and works his ass off. He'll be the greatest TE of all time when his career is over.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Broncos pass rush v. Cam Newton is going to be something to see.

djt153

Dec 26, 2003
makes the two games bb put up against the Broncos all the more impressive. Brady wilted while Ben put up 300 yards with a bad shoulder and no ab

Mr. T

Feb 15, 2003
Peyton Manning is a piece of ****. Hopefully his playoff choking continues versus Carolina.

djt153

Dec 26, 2003
cam seems exurbant to me. Aaron Rodgers runs around giving himself wrestling championship belts and doesn't get **** for it

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
Don't really have a rooting interest in the Super Bowl this year. Hopefully it will be an entertaining game.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
I'm rooting for Manning to win

I don't hate Cam Newton and don't have an issue with him celebrating and having fun.

BrunoPuntzJones

Biscuit Scorer
Apr 17, 2012
Washington, DC
I was rooting for the Cardinals and damn did they get trashed. Still a great season by franchise standards, but I worry if they'll go through the same troubles they did post-Warner once Palmer is washed up or retired. He had a rough game tonight but he's a huge part of their success the past couple years.

That said, I hope Carolina wins the Super Bowl, just to see Newton's critics squirm.

BrokenStick

Feb 8, 2004
Ellwood City, PA
I'm rooting for Manning to win

I don't hate Cam Newton and don't have an issue with him celebrating and having fun.

Ditto. Newton reminds me of Ovechkin, really. People hate him because he has the audacity to enjoy the game.

I also just don't get the Payton Manning hate, either.

I'll be happy either way, this year.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
Ditto. Newton reminds me of Ovechkin, really. People hate him because he has the audacity to enjoy the game.

I also just don't get the Payton Manning hate, either.

I'll be happy either way, this year.

Neither do I.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
I've always liked Manning so I hope he gets one more Super bowl before retiring. I'm cool with Cam too so I won't be upset either way.

AgentM

Jan 4, 2008
Allison Park, PA
So glad the Patriots are out, that's all I cared about at this point. I really don't care who wins the Super Bowl now, time to start thinking about the draft. We really need to improve our secondary, hopefully a CB or S falls to us or we trade up to get one. But I honestly won't be surprised if we end up taking yet another OLB in the first round since Jones is likely a solid player but nothing more.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
I am now at the point where I have lived as long in the Low Country as I did in Pittsburgh. While the Steelers will always be my number 1, the Panthers have become 1A. GO PANTHERS

Last edited:

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
It would also be nice if Newton showed some class at some point

cam-newton-u-mad.jpg

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
I don't like the fact cam tears down fan's signs and ****. Other than that, he's cool.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I am now at the point where I have lived as long in the Low Country as I did in Pittsburgh. While the Steelers will always be my number 1, the Panthers have become 1A. GO PANTHERS

I actually knew more Atlanta and Steelers fans than Carolina fans when I lived in Charleston. Though college sports were the priority to most down there.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Pats fans with some pretty shocking tweets re Gostkowski.

I think with AB (or maybe just Williams), Steelers would have beaten Broncs, but I don't think we could have gone to NE and won.

Don't see how the Broncs will generate much Offense against the Panthers, but I think the Broncs D will hold the Panthers in check reasonably well. Still see Panthers pulling away and winning by at least a touchdown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad