OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Super Bowl 50

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
Personally I like seeing celebrations since its more fun to watch players have fun. The panthers really are a blast to watch (when they're not playing not-to-lose)

I don't think there should be any celebration rules. Just call penalties when its taunting or if it breaks other rules (like too many men on the field, delay of game etc)

but yeah don't do anything dangerous and you're an idiot if you celebrate something that wasn't actually positive

Yepp. I will never understand disliking players for having fun. I enjoy it when players dance. Football isn't something serious, it's a game. No reason to treat it like anything else.

Cam by most accounts is a pretty awesome human being, and if the worst thing someone can day about him is that he dances too much, I think it's a case of looking for a reason to hate him.

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
I like Cam and the Panthers because of how they ruffle everyone's feathers. Why are people so against personality? I'd rather watch Cam and his antics all day than something cookie cutter like Peyton.

Yup. I don't care much about the game coming up but I sure as hell hope the Panthers can get it done.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
There are plenty of reasons to hate Cam for his college antics, but since he's gone pro...meh. No issues for me.

There's reasons to hate Peyton for things he did in college, too.

I'm sure the same could be said of most college-aged football players, or hell college-aged people in general, except their antics weren't highly publicized. Not exactly a shining time for a lot of people :laugh:

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
There are a ton of Steelers fans in South Carolina. I believe the NFL did a survey and the Steelers were neck and neck with the Panther for ownership of the state. Charleston is split up pretty evenly between the Steelers, Atlanta and the Panthers. But in the Myrtle Beach area, the Steelers own it. In fact, there is a local Myrtle Beach FM station that is a part of the Steelers radio network.

Yeah from what I found the farther south you got, the more they wished the Panthers were called North Carolina instead of Carolina. And far enough south Atlanta isn't actually even much farther than Charlotte, and the team has been around longer.

djt153

Dec 26, 2003
will be fun watching cam and peyton throw laserlike darts and wounded ducks, respectively

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
I don't like Cam from Auburn. Granted, he was a kid, but he's still off putting for me.

I'd like to see Manning get one so he can cap off a Hall of Fame career in style. I just cannot see him doing it though. It's incredible to see an arm like he had turn into what it is now.

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
I don't like Cam from Auburn. Granted, he was a kid, but he's still off putting for me.

I'd like to see Manning get one so he can cap off a Hall of Fame career in style. I just cannot see him doing it though. It's incredible to see an arm like he had turn into what it is now.

I'm assuming you meant accurate. Manning never was known as a gun slinger type of QB i.e Bradshaw/Favre/Marino. He is a intellectual QB with pinpoint accuracy. Even his wounded duck throws though ugly in flight are accurate. Well they were anyways. Age and his injuries have finally caught up to him. It was inevitable Mr. Anderson....

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
I'll agree that Manning never had the strongest arm in the league but his arm is still noticeably weaker. He's never thrown tight, pretty spirals but he definitely got more on his throws back in the day.

I can see why some don't like Cam Newton but he is an incredible player. It's unbelievable what he did this season with pretty much just Greg Olsen and a bunch of no name WR's. I can't remember another QB like him. He's a little like Ben but much faster.

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
I'll agree that Manning never had the strongest arm in the league but his arm is still noticeably weaker. He's never thrown tight, pretty spirals but he definitely got more on his throws back in the day.

I can see why some don't like Cam Newton but he is an incredible player. It's unbelievable what he did this season with pretty much just Greg Olsen and a bunch of no name WR's. I can't remember another QB like him. He's a little like Ben but much faster.

Again age. It happens to the best. Manning even in his heydays was an average arm. His accuracy and even his football IQ were what made him great.

Cam is more of what Vince Young was supposed to be. A big very mobile QB with a strong arm. Ben wasn't really a out of the pocket QB in college. Thats why he was projected to be successful in the NFL. The scrambling came after he had to run for his life early in his career.

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
Young Ben was known for his backyard football style that he was able to accomplish because of a freakish ability to escape sacks and decent mobility for a guy his size. He can't do that anymore. His body can't handle it and he's nowhere near as mobile.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
So apparently a Denver pass rusher rubbed his balls in Brady's face during the game after a hit or a sack. Can't think of a player more deserving of such. :)

djt153

Dec 26, 2003
if you watch carefully, id say that happens roughly 25% of the time. this is a completely regular occurrence made remarkable because tom brady

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
Not sure where to post this.. but does anyone have any experience with these autograph signings?

http://penguins.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=110223&navid=DL|PIT|home

Would you expect Crosby to be one of the players to be there? I might drive to Pittsburgh from Philadelphia just to get my jersey signed if so. And probably go to a game while I'm there.. haha
I can almost guarantee Sid won't be there. The best you'll get is maybe a Hornqvist or Fleury. Kessel if you're lucky. Haven't been to one in a while but at each session it seems like there's 1 well known player and the other two are, like, bottom 6ers or bottom 4 D.

I got lucky and was able to get Malkin when he was a rookie. Was supposed to be Staal but he couldn't come so Geno stayed for an extra session. Happened to have his shirsey on and luckily was also wearing an undershirt :laugh: The other two were Petrovicky and Malone.

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
Another great football fan petition, from a fan base that can't lose gracefully....

Ban Cam from Century Link

All because he tossed on of those "12" flags on the ground.

Cam Newton is one of the most unprofessional, unsportsmanlike individual on the face of the planet. So I say for the 2016-2017 when the Panthers come to play in Seattle he should be banned from entering the stadium. This should teach him to put his arrogance in check!!

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
That team and fanbase got to be really annoying really quickly. Still like Wilson though.

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
Another great football fan petition, from a fan base that can't lose gracefully....

Ban Cam from Century Link

All because he tossed on of those "12" flags on the ground.

I have a friend that lives in Seattle but he's from Pittsburgh. He constantly has to hear how Seattle has always been a great NFL town. When this news came out he posted it on a certain social media site. Needless to say it got a bit heated. Mostly after I posted that the "12th Man" wasn't even Seattle's to begin with. Its been Texas A&M's since 1922 and in fact the Seahawks still pay the university annually to use it.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
[/B]

I'm assuming you meant accurate. Manning never was known as a gun slinger type of QB i.e Bradshaw/Favre/Marino. He is a intellectual QB with pinpoint accuracy. Even his wounded duck throws though ugly in flight are accurate. Well they were anyways. Age and his injuries have finally caught up to him. It was inevitable Mr. Anderson....

Peyton had a quick release and the ability to drop a ball in a bucket. He's also one of the smartest men to ever play in the league. Arm strength is probably the most overrated aspect for a QB, as an accurate QB can really do much more damage than a guy who can rope a ball 60 yards. Him playing in a dome helped that deficiency for him.

Peyton of today lollipops throws, they are inaccurate, and he has had a hard time hitting guys on crossing routes. He's really a shell of his former self. I hope he wins and retires.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Very curious to see if the Steelers make any moves in free agency. Very highly doubt they do, but there was a report they kicked the tires on Revis, and the asking price was too high. Rumor is it's down to the Pats and Jets. Shocker.

djt153

Dec 26, 2003
I can't support acknowledging Peyton is a shell of his former self whilst still hoping he wins. Knowing when to quit is important and worth recognizing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad