OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Steelers need a new ball thrower for the handball game thingy

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
Roethlisberger is a shitty person but he is, and will likely remain, the best Steelers QB of my lifetime.

lastcupever75

Phive cups PA.
May 14, 2009
No I think the after the Jacksonville playoff loss they should have moved on. I hated that he was the 3rd highest paid player in the history of the nfl and has 3 wins in the playoffs since 2010 with a combined 3 tds. I hated that he was shellfish and how he held the offense hostage. The fact he was so against play action and relied way to much on backyard football

Ben passed for 469 yards with 5 TDs and 1 int in that game.
Against one of the league’s better defenses that year.

That’s the game you thought the organization should have “moved on” from him ??

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
I definitely hope they find a way to upgrade the line somehow. I really expected Moore to show some improvement based on how he finished last year. The problem is typically if a lineman is available at this point, he’s probably not very good.

The one player I’ve seen floated as a name is Dillard in Philly. From what I’ve read, it seems like he’s actually a pretty good LT but can basically only play LT. And he’s blocked by a much better player. He’s a free agent after the year, and may get a pretty big deal, so I think he’d cost at least a 2nd to beat what the Eagles would potentially get as a comp pick.

Moore has looked below average this preseason also. This line right now is scary bad. There is zero cohesion. Even if Pickett is our best QB, I wouldn't throw him out there to get killed like that.

At some point the someone in the organization should realize that if you can't stop the run or run the ball with your offense, you aren't competing for anything. All of the shiny stars on both sides of the ball are a waste with both lines being terrible.

I agree. I think Leal and Loudermilk should be solid starters. We have to find a nose. We have to find a complementary guy to Jack. We could upgrade Edmunds. We need starters across the entire offensive line. This OL is years away right now.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida

Remember when Clown was the only head coach in NFL History to give up over 90 points in 2 home playoff games?? Cool stuff

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019

Yeah another empty stat playoff game. His interception and fumble helped build the deficit so much that it looked good in mop up duty. He was threatening retirement than because he wanted Haley fired. They could have traded him for picks and started the rebuild instead

Remember when Clown was the only head coach in NFL History to give up over 90 points in 2 home playoff games?? Cool stuff
TJ said the playoffs failures on the players not the coaches

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
Yeah another empty stat playoff game. His interception and fumble helped build the deficit so much that it looked good in mop up duty. He was threatening retirement than because he wanted Haley fired. They could have traded him for picks and started the rebuild instead

What did Clown do to adjust to the situation?

TJ said the playoffs failures on the players not the coaches

TJ just sucking to corporate, he knows Clown can't tie his shoes on gameday...probably why he likes playing here.

TotesTorts

Mar 5, 2016
I may be the only one on Earth who thinks the OL will be fine by mid-season. It’s a group that needs to figure out how to play together more than anything. Hopefully Mitch is able to weather that storm ribs intact.

We could conceivably see a DL of Heyward, Adams, Loudermilk/Ogunjobi. Maybe all 4 at times to spell TJ or Alualu. Shifting to more of a 5-2-4 set could also be a way of limiting the weak ILB depth.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
What did Clown do to adjust to the situation?

TJ just sucking to corporate, he knows Clown can't tie his shoes on gameday...probably why he likes playing here.
The clown wanted to draft Lamar jackson that off season but judging by how Ben the unquestioned locker room leader reacted with the Mason pick. It’s probably a good thing they didn’t. Then while Brady and rivers took 2/50 Ben got. 2/68. Ben had to go to ownership after the browns play off loss to force his way back instead of retiring with Pouncey

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
The clown wanted to draft Lamar jackson that off season but judging by how Ben the unquestioned locker room leader reacted with the Mason pick. It’s probably a good thing they didn’t. Then while Brady and rivers took 2/50 Ben got. 2/68. Ben had to go to ownership after the browns play off loss to force his way back instead of retiring with Pouncey

If KP works out, then who cares if Roth stayed a year or two too long?

It means things worked out quite well.

And LJ isn’t the type of QB I’d ever want for this team, just like Willis. Missing out on him, if that is even true, means Roth did the fan base a huge solid.

I’ve talked about the lack of playoff success for run first QBs ad nauseam. The league as usual, figures these guys out and that’s happening to Jackson.

Brady also gave NE the finger and the contract you speak of was a poison pill he created to get out of NE. Then he went off to win another SB in TB when he wasn’t given the money he wanted.

"Brady was tired of taking team-friendly deals with no input into how the money saved was spent – and still wanted a long-term contractual commitment,"

So again, not sure what your point is here. Brady wanted more money and wasn’t quite the team guy you are trying to suggest.

So much so he uh, left town.

Last edited:

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Moore has looked below average this preseason also. This line right now is scary bad. There is zero cohesion. Even if Pickett is our best QB, I wouldn't throw him out there to get killed like that.

I agree. I think Leal and Loudermilk should be solid starters. We have to find a nose. We have to find a complementary guy to Jack. We could upgrade Edmunds. We need starters across the entire offensive line. This OL is years away right now.
I agree on Leal, not yet impressed by Loudermilk. It's complete insanity that they have the highest paid defense that has huge crippling holes at NT & LB. It's a big reason why I didn't want Fitz or Watt signed to huge contracts. They would have been much better served replacing both with quality depth and drafting replacements. Fans will scream "you can't win without Watt", true, but you won't win with gaping weaknesses that they currently have either.

Tomlin can find stars, Tomlin struggles to find quality depth. Basically he is a slightly above average and that's where the Steelers have been for the past decade + and where they remain for the remainder of his tenure.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
Brady is also on record talking about how much money his wife makes…others aren’t in a remotely similar situation. He was able to take less and still have a household income that was more than double BR’s haha.

Pengwins

Jun 13, 2017
Robinson/Spillane should play over Bush
Bush needs to be cut/traded and use that money to improve OL

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
No I think the after the Jacksonville playoff loss they should have moved on. I hated that he was the 3rd highest paid player in the history of the nfl and has 3 wins in the playoffs since 2010 with a combined 3 tds. I hated that he was shellfish and how he held the offense hostage. The fact he was so against play action and relied way to much on backyard football
No need to get crabby.

• Haha
Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
Steelers waived LB Buddy Johnson.
The 140th overall pick last year, Johnson appeared in just four games as a rookie and was in on just six defensive snaps. The Steelers are cutting bait.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad