OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Steelers need a new ball thrower for the handball game thingy

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

lastcupever75

Phive cups PA.
May 14, 2009
So they just gave the 13 million in a signing bonus it wasn’t tacked on to make it a 3 year deal
WTF?
It states right there what the cap hits for 2019,2020 and 2021 are. The new cap hit for 2019.

That’s 3 years. Did you read the article before posting it.
What don’t you understand.

That Jacksonville team had a 4th QT lead against New England in the AFC championship game and was a top 5 offense that year. They spanked us in the regular season and even moats himself is on record saying they wanted Buffalo instead of Jacksonville since it was a better matchup for the team

Who wouldn’t want Buffalo? The team with the worse record of the 2.
Who was on buffalo’s defense when they gave up only 10 points the week before in Jacksonville no less.
Perhaps they had a coach who knows how to scheme defense

The raven were 5th in the league in the run game that year. You’re claiming they had one of worst OLs to win a title.
Like I said. Make up some more BS

Last edited:

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
WTF?
It states right there what the cap hits for 2019,2020 and 2021 are. The new cap hit for 2019.

That’s 3 years. Did you read the article before posting it.
What don’t you understand.

Who wouldn’t want Buffalo? The team with the worse record of the 2.
Who was on buffalo’s defense when they gave up only 10 points the week before in Jacksonville no less
Yeah I understand that it was a 3 year extension but it wasn’t 3/81 with cap hits of 27 million each year. So again the 2/50 that Bree’s took with cap hits 22 and 24 million was a better deal and more team friendly. They made Ben the 3rd highest paid player in the history of the NFl he always talked about taking pay cuts and getting better or keeping the better players but never did

lastcupever75

Phive cups PA.
May 14, 2009
Yeah I understand that it was a 3 year extension but it wasn’t 3/81 with cap hits of 27 million each year. So again the 2/50 that Bree’s took with cap hits 22 and 24 million was a better deal and more team friendly. They made Ben the 3rd highest paid player in the history of the NFl he always talked about taking pay cuts and getting better or keeping the better players but never did
The money was essentially the same as Bree’s/ Brady in those 3 years.
The cap hits and the money allowed to be moved from one year to another are tools teams use to stay within the league rules.
I’m not sure how much of the money they can move from an extension.

For years the team restructured bens contract to create more room in the cap. Usually to try and sign someone like when haden became available
It ballooned his cap hits over the years.
You should Go complain about the front office restructuring his deals.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
well PFF is worthless BUT you are remembering right

PFF is the same as any other analytics site like FootballOutsiders - there is value in what they say, but I take it with a grain of salt.

However, if they give an o-lineman shitty grades for 4-5 years straight, that is a massive red flag.

I’ve rarely watched a guy they have roasted for a few years running and disagreed with their assessments.

Did some quick research and Finns fans hate this guy, so PFF’s grades sure seem to be smack on.

How many times do you have to be told that 2/68 was an extension To his current contract at the time.
The 13M he was making in the final year of the previous contract making it 3/81

I’ll leave you some homework and you can figure out that it’s not that big of a difference from the 2/50 the “team players” Brady and Bree’s got

Do you have any more bullspit to make up like this or the ravens not have a good OL in their first SB season?

Brady also set his deal up to get out of NE - which goes agt this narrative he’s some team first guy.

of course getting his backup sent off because he felt threatened already showed us that, but whatever.

Reactions: Josey Wales

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
That Jacksonville team had a 4th QT lead against New England in the AFC championship game and was a top 5 offense that year. They spanked us in the regular season and even moats himself is on record saying they wanted Buffalo instead of Jacksonville since it was a better matchup for the team

And Ben dropped a 40 burger on a top 5 defense.
Funny how you proclaim Ben was the biggest problem in the playoffs when the defense has surrendered 40+ in the past 3 tries.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Funny how you proclaim Ben was the biggest problem in the playoffs when the defense has surrendered 40+ in the past 3 tries.

Those 40 is a tad bit misleading no? They were down 21-0 and neve seriously threatened to win the game. He also hit Bryant on a miracle 4th and forever TD right before half.

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
It's pretty clear our problems in the playoffs have ranked:

1- coaching
2- defensive lapses

Sadly neither is likely changed much. To make things worse our Oline is somehow more garbage. This is a year to try and enjoy the little things...

lastcupever75

Phive cups PA.
May 14, 2009
PFF is the same as any other analytics site like FootballOutsiders - there is value in what they say, but I take it with a grain of salt.

However, if they give an o-lineman shitty grades for 4-5 years straight, that is a massive red flag.

I’ve rarely watched a guy they have roasted for a few years running and disagreed with their assessments.

Did some quick research and Finns fans hate this guy, so PFF’s grades sure seem to be smack on.

Brady also set his deal up to get out of NE - which goes agt this narrative he’s some team first guy.

of course getting his backup sent off because he felt threatened already showed us that, but whatever.
He also had guaranteed contracts for a while. Something unheard of at the time he signed them.

What a team player. Lol

lastcupever75

Phive cups PA.
May 14, 2009

Here’s an updated list of all tine earnings. Ben is now 6th. You should know that since you keep spewing the sane nonsense over and over.

The closer other players get to play as long as Ben has you’ll see him drop even further down.

Ps. It’s pretty funny you never mentioned who 1 & 2 were on the list. the same great “team players” you mentioned. Brady and Brees

Reactions: Rave7215

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Jax playoff game, the Steelers were in it, but the D was a joke all day long.

Roth got them within a TD 28-21 with 7 mins left in the third... D let them down again and let up TD making it 35-21.. Roth brought them back again making it 35-28... next series Jaguars drive right down the field on Tomlin's D and make it 42-28... Roth drives for a TD next series... 42-35... onside kick... Jags get Fg... 45-35... Roth drives them for another TD.. 45-42

Kind of disingenuous to say they were never in the game... Maybe if Tomlin's D had made a stop, but Jags pissed all over Tomlin's D the second half.

If only Roth got some help like Brady did agt GB when he played like total ass and threw three picks in the championship game, but the Bucs D stepped up.

Who knew a D could step up in the playoffs?

Probably an odd concept for Steeler fans given the last few playoffs, with historical numbers given up on D.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
The D is allowed to make a stop - they didn’t.

No one blamed Brady for throwing three atrocious picks in the championship agt GB because his D actually stepped up.

TB had to stop Rodgers… Steelers uh… HOFer Blake Bortles.

Narrative changes when the D actually does their job.

xlm34

Dec 1, 2008

The defense deserves most of the blame for the Jacksonville game for sure.

There’s plenty of blame to go around with the Cleveland game. The offense turned the ball over I think 5 times? And then the defense couldn’t make a stop.

The Chiefs game I would place more of the blame on the offense as a whole. Ben wasn’t great but he wasn’t the only reason the offense was awful. The defense did well for a quarter and a half. You can’t really realistically expect a team to shut down the Chiefs for an entire game. If the offense could have done anything the first half, I think the game would have been much closer. Although I still think the Chiefs would have pulled away eventually.

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
Those 40 is a tad bit misleading no? They were down 21-0 and neve seriously threatened to win the game. He also hit Bryant on a miracle 4th and forever TD right before half.

It was more to address the fact that a certain poster doesn't acknowledge Ben was pretty freakin good, yet lays the blame at Ben's feet at every opportunity bc he's brown nosing Tomlin

Reactions: lastcupever75

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
It was more to address the fact that a certain poster doesn't acknowledge Ben was pretty freakin good, yet lays the blame at Ben's feet at every opportunity bc he's brown nosing Tomlin
I'm torn with Ben. Up to 2012, I thought that he had the potential to be an all time great. He wasn't pushed by his coaches, he didn't work on his craft and he never made up for declining athletic ability with increased football knowledge. I think Ben needed tough coaching, the way that Noll hammered Bradshaw. Oh well, overall his career was a great success. Still don't think he ever met his potential.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
I'm torn with Ben. Up to 2012, I thought that he had the potential to be an all time great. He wasn't pushed by his coaches, he didn't work on his craft and he never made up for declining athletic ability with increased football knowledge. I think Ben needed tough coaching, the way that Noll hammered Bradshaw. Oh well, overall his career was a great success. Still don't think he ever met his potential.
he would of got noll fired.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
I agree on Leal, not yet impressed by Loudermilk. It's complete insanity that they have the highest paid defense that has huge crippling holes at NT & LB. It's a big reason why I didn't want Fitz or Watt signed to huge contracts. They would have been much better served replacing both with quality depth and drafting replacements. Fans will scream "you can't win without Watt", true, but you won't win with gaping weaknesses that they currently have either.

Tomlin can find stars, Tomlin struggles to find quality depth. Basically he is a slightly above average and that's where the Steelers have been for the past decade + and where they remain for the remainder of his tenure.

There was no reason not to sign Watt and Minkah either. We had the money, and the precedent that sets not signing them is long term. I understand being shrewd, but this stuff isn't a video game.

Robinson/Spillane should play over Bush
Bush needs to be cut/traded and use that money to improve OL

I'd play Robinson right now. Let him figure it out. He's been very good and I have faith in him. He will be rough in coverage, but he will be great against the run, which is exactly what we need.

So the #Steelers late moves--OL Jesse Davis and LB Malik Reed in, LB Marcus Allen, DB Justin Layne, OL Joe Haeg & Trent Scott, RB Anthony McFarland, Jr. out

I thought Layne was going to be a steal. No such luck there. We absolutely suck at drafting CBs.

Only person I’m upset about is Vaughns. Hopefully he gets to the PS.

Yeah, I think he played well enough to earn a hat. It was a numbers game. I would have used Claypool as trade fodder and let Vaughns fill in for him.

Raiders released Leatherwood. He’s been trash too, but this is only gonna be year 3 for him and he was a 1st round pick…albeit he probably shouldn’t have been.

The drafting of Alex Leatherwood was the initial undoing of Mike Mayock in Oakland. What an atrocious pick.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
The money was essentially the same as Bree’s/ Brady in those 3 years.
The cap hits and the money allowed to be moved from one year to another are tools teams use to stay within the league rules.
I’m not sure how much of the money they can move from an extension.

For years the team restructured bens contract to create more room in the cap. Usually to try and sign someone like when haden became available
It ballooned his cap hits over the years.
You should Go complain about the front office restructuring his deals.
I do blame KC for that contract he handed it to him and called him the unquestioned leader of the locker room.

2017 cap hits. I wonder why this guy never brought up this year. Lol

Ben cap hit ranks 10th for the year. Behind guys like cousins and Flacco and of course ultimate “team player” drew Brees
Because it doesn’t fit my narrative lol

No Tomlin has 2 years to win a playoff game now that he has his QB or it’s time for a divorce

Reactions: ChaosAgent

Apr 9, 2009
USA
Football season is upon us. As the rare Penguins/Buckeyes/Browns fan, most of you can f*** yourselves. :D

In all seriousness, I’m finding out that I feel very little emotional connection to the Browns at this point. I’m just a football fan now. Will root for players.

Ironically, this is also why I’m not a Steelers fan. I had a terrible towel once upon a time.

Reactions: bigdaddyk88

Factorial

Oct 7, 2019
Football season is upon us. As the rare Penguins/Buckeyes/Browns fan, most of you can f*** yourselves. :D

In all seriousness, I’m finding out that I feel very little emotional connection to the Browns at this point. I’m just a football fan now. Will root for players.

Ironically, this is also why I’m not a Steelers fan. I had a terrible towel once upon a time.

There was some outrage by Browns fans over the Watson signing.

Especially within the ranks of female dawgs. Has that changed?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad