OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Steelers need a new ball thrower for the handball game thingy

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
You are head over heels in love with Clown, you're bluffing.
No I think he is good coach and have no doubt he will be hired the minute they divorced I would trade him. I just think not having a playoff win from 2017 to 24 it’s time to move on

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
Eh I feel like Cincy carried the title of "likeable underdogs" with Burrow and his HC having something to do with it.

The Browns were bought by an owner who scammed truck drivers and that's how he amassed part of his fortune.
They signed a RB who likes to hit women.
Baker Mayfield was acting a fool in college. Before that it was Johnny Manziel.
They didn't condone Garret's helmet swing. And they surely didn't condone him going all Jussie Smollett.

Then they go ahead and top it off by hiring a known predator to be the face of their franchise.

Seriously, eff the Browns

Care to make an Avatar bet?
I will this team is winning 10 games not 7

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
No I think he is good coach and have no doubt he will be hired the minute they divorced I would trade him. I just think not having a playoff win from 2017 to 24 it’s time to move on

Yeah, he'll be hired and out of the league real QUICK. Miami didn't even want him in 07 because "he's a clown."

Reactions: Pengwins

Pengwins

Jun 13, 2017
He's a good coach if you want to turn a crappy team into an average team. If you want to win a SB he is not your guy. He's a player's coach cheerleader type. He brings no strategy or creativity.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018

If we could get a 1st for Tomlin or even a 2nd, I'd do it for sure.

Reactions: Pengwins

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
There is a reason Coach Clown is still a thing today: it's because he benefits from what is or now was best organisation in sports. He's nothing without Rooney.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
Unlike what some of you are saying Browns can't stay bad forever. (Law of averages) They'll eventually get it. No one thing can stay the same. Unless someone like Tomlin is their coach and keep em for 30.years

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013
Yeah, he'll be hired and out of the league real QUICK. Miami didn't even want him in 07 because "he's a clown."
Ha

Miami didnt want him because they literally thought he was too “hip-hop”. Which i cannot at any level see as an apt comparison for Mike Tomlins personality.

Basically they were scared to hire a black gu

Last edited by a moderator:

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012

I nominate Antonio Hamilton as an honorary Penguin.

Steelers 7-10 this year, maybe 8-9, although I could see an upset win on opening day - that would be a Tomlin-type win. MT lasts three games as starting QB before he's replaced by KP in Game 4.

Reactions: Andy99

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I like the Steelers and find Ben a repulsive dickhead who was definitely guilty of what he was accused. You can cheer for the team while acknowledging that the guys who play for the team can also be shitty people.

The Browns are getting shit because they're embracing Watson and acting like he did nothing wrong. f***ing Watson said "sorry I triggered you" and the Browns embraced him, as if he did nothing wrong outside of make people upset.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
I feel like Leatherwood was the final nail in the coffin. Drafting Clelin Ferrell 4th overall in 2019 was the initial undoing.
Good call.

Mayock tried being way too cute. If he just drafted the guys who he was supposed to draft, the Raiders would have been awesome.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
This Pitt-WVU game is a really good watch. Slovis looks good, he looks like he can be a NFL backup. He has a really nice ball when he throws it.

Mr Jeff Jimerson

May 9, 2013
Kedon Slovis is an embarrassing joke. The guy looks like he belongs on the chess team, not the quarterback of the Pitt Panthers. The guy absolutely sucks.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Ford-whatever is the best player for both teams.

Slovis reminds me of Rudolph. Great accurate arm to open guys but massive issues in feeling pressure.

awful call, thankfully was reversed

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad