OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Steelers need a new ball thrower for the handball game thingy

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
To me.... that is a step up from last year -- always knew what to expect last year -- not much.

They hit franchise historical lows for ineptitude last season, so I guess just being even shitty would be a step up.

Canada has a lot of weapons and a couple of mobile Qbs, so he will have zero excuses.

How's your daughter?

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
They hit franchise historical lows for ineptitude last season, so I guess just being even shitty would be a step up.

Canada has a lot of weapons and a couple of mobile Qbs, so he will have zero excuses.

How's your daughter?
Agree.

Kiddo? Reached peak kid levels. Readying for home schooling to start up probably next week. Not looking forward to teachers in our house, but she can use the brain stimulation and interaction with other people not mum and da.
Good as good can be I suppose. Readying for puberty... parental resentment and rebellion... all the good stuff. But, wondering to what extent she will go with it... being as we are her best friends and she isn't out in the world like the average kid... she depends on us for everything with her medical stuff... so... interesting times on the horizon.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
That offensive line is even worse than last year. PIckett threw some really nice balls.

At some point the someone in the organization should realize that if you can't stop the run or run the ball with your offense, you aren't competing for anything. All of the shiny stars on both sides of the ball are a waste with both lines being terrible.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Agree.

Kiddo? Reached peak kid levels. Readying for home schooling to start up probably next week. Not looking forward to teachers in our house, but she can use the brain stimulation and interaction with other people not mum and da.
Good as good can be I suppose. Readying for puberty... parental resentment and rebellion... all the good stuff. But, wondering to what extent she will go with it... being as we are her best friends and she isn't out in the world like the average kid... she depends on us for everything with her medical stuff... so... interesting times on the horizon.

We had a behavioral aide come to our old house when my son was younger, it wasn't too bad. We really never needed her there. We needed her at his school, but that meant she had to be at our house so many hours a week also, so we went with it just to make them happy.

He started to make all his gains without her really doing much, so we just stopped the service after like 2 years - but we gave it a shot. Was a little rough because she got attached to him, but she basically agreed he didn't need her.

I was kind of happy about being done with it TBTH.

So I won't pretend it's not kind of annoying and feels like an invasion of privacy, especially when you are trying to get work done, but you get used to it boss.

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
I didn’t say anything. Someone else asked you that question.

The ravens had future HOF Jon Ogden playing LT that year so I’ll ask you again.
What are you basing your opinion of them having a bad OL on ?

There are posters who flat out don't give Ben any credit for anything he's done in his career.
I mean this person's posting history reflects that.

Reactions: lastcupever75

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
The situation with Pickett and Trubisky isn't any different now than it was before the pre-season IMO. Pickett is very pro ready and Trubisky is just there as a stopgap until they're ready to hand the keys over to Pickett full time. Pickett has looked great in the pre-season, with showing he can really read a defense and deliver balls accurately. With as talented of pieces that the Steelers can surround him with, that's all he needs to do.

Pickett not starting immediately is not a bad thing. As I've said multiple times, this year is a rebuilding year. Any decision made this year should be focused on maximizing the next 3-5 years when Pickett takes over as the starter. If that means starting Trubisky all 17 games, going 4-13 and getting a top OL in the draft next year, you do that.

If the Oline was halfway decent, I'd agree with you.
But I'd rather not have our 1st Rd Qb get killed his rookie year. Say what you will about quick release and all that, you get enough snaps, your injury factor ratchets up...

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
Love what I see out of Pickett but unfortunatly he will never learn how to be a good playoff QB with Clown at the helm. In fact I do not trust Clown in anything Pickett going forward.

At least Ben had Cowher for a little bit...Pickett has to swim against the tide.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
Yeah coach cowher was definitely known for developing qb’s.

Yeah and tell me how Coach clown is better. He cant even get out of the wild card round with gifted rosters. Worse than Sullivan but Sullivan is actually a good coach. Clown is a Wide receivers coach that got gifted a position in 2007 he didn't deserve.

Last edited:

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
Yeah and tell me how Coach clown is better. He cant even get out of the wild card round with gifted rosters. Worse than Sullivan but Sullivan is actually a good coach. Clown is a Wide receivers coach that got gifted a position in 2007 he didn't deserve.
Meh. Tomlin isn't the worst coach, he's unfortunately a mediocre in game coach which rears its ugly head during the post season.

To his credit, he does motivate and has a great voice to players.

Whether you like him or not he's the coach for as long as he wants it basically....we all know there's circumstances beyond coaching as well. He'd have to have bottom of the league records in back to back years for us to fire him.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Sullivan has regressed into Tomlin that last 5 years, unfortunately.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
Meh. Tomlin isn't the worst coach, he's unfortunately a mediocre in game coach which rears its ugly head during the post season.

To his credit, he does motivate and has a great voice to players.

Whether you like him or not he's the coach for as long as he wants it basically....we all know there's circumstances beyond coaching as well. He'd have to have bottom of the league records in back to back years for us to fire him.

Fans always get bullish on Tomlin in the off-season. I got out of that hamster wheel 7 years ago.

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
Sullivan has regressed into Tomlin that last 5 years, unfortunately.
Honestly it's a waste of breathe to complain about either coach. It's literally a fact that both will be in their position for at least the next 3 years.

Sullivan has another 3-5 before it gets so bad its not able to be ignored.

Tomlin...boy if he's comfortable and can keep us above 7 wins yearly? 10-15 years is my guess.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Honestly it's a waste of breathe to complain about either coach. It's literally a fact that both will be in their position for at least the next 3 years.

Sullivan has another 3-5 before it gets so bad its not able to be ignored.

Tomlin...boy if he's comfortable and can keep us above 7 wins yearly? 10-15 years is my guess.
That doesn’t change the fact that they aren’t good at their jobs.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
That's bull you hated Ben with a passion. But the fact is he never had good coachs in his career. (Except Arians Cowher and Whiz for the short time he had them) He defied the odds.
No I think the after the Jacksonville playoff loss they should have moved on. I hated that he was the 3rd highest paid player in the history of the nfl and has 3 wins in the playoffs since 2010 with a combined 3 tds. I hated that he was shellfish and how he held the offense hostage. The fact he was so against play action and relied way to much on backyard football

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
No I think the after the Jacksonville playoff loss they should have moved on. I hated that he was the 3rd highest paid player in the history of the nfl and has 3 wins in the playoffs since 2010 with a combined 3 tds. I hated that he was shellfish and how he held the offense hostage. The fact he was so against play action and relied way to much on backyard football

What a coincidence! Tomlin has 3 wins since 2010.This is because the head coach doesn't know how to game plan. He used to be a really good WR coach though.

Last edited:

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
Eh, I’d say they’re good not great. The Steelers needed great in recent years and didn’t get it.

Sullivan is above good, he just needs a new team to prove others. I think he will be great wherever he goes.

Clown will be out of the league quickly if he went elsewhere

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004

You have a lot of absurd Roth takes, but this is getting ridiculous.

200w.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad