OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Steelers need a new ball thrower for the handball game thingy

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Yeah, this is another good point to mention. There is no good reason to keep Rudolph because it's just an unfriendly situation all around. Fans don't like him and he doesn't like his role, what's the point in keeping him?

It's either the team looks dumb for drafting Pickett with a 1st rounder only to put him on the 3rd team or they look like jerks for putting a solid backup who wants out on the 3rd team. Neither of those are good options.

I’ve said this 100x, but if KP can’t even be a backup right now, there was no sense using a first on him and exclaiming he was “pro-ready”.

As I’ve also touched on, if Tomlin could play a rookie Duck Hodges and win, and dumb down the offense for his noodle arm, he can most certainly do it for KP if the need arises.

Hopefully KP doesn’t shit the bed tonight though or it may spook Tomlin into keeping MR.

wheelz87

LGP
Jun 28, 2011
Pittsburgh
Yep in agreement it’s best to move on from MR. Both parties benefit. I don’t mind holding for a bit to see if a need for a qb arises elsewhere and a possible overpayment situation happens. If not, get what you can.

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
The crazy thing with this team is how this team could look right now...

Shazier is 29. Tuitt is 29. Pouncey is 33. DeCastro is 32. Four gigantic guys for this team who would still be playing at a decent level if not for injuries.
Nah, Pouncey had been declining for awhile and was never that great to begin with. The Shazier injury was pretty devastating though, especially since it led to the Bush draft pick

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I'm not sure what the OL vets would have added at their ages, but properly healthy Shazier and Tuitt would be sick.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
That is the kind of throw you see a rookie making, not a veteran like Trubisky.

The mobility is nice but I was underwhelmed with that first drive.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
OL still a problem. Moore just isn’t cutting it.

Highest paid kicker looking sweet, haha…

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
I know it’s only a waste of a preseason game, but the OL and DL have been trash outside of only a couple guys.

Last edited:

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I've been dragged away from the screen but feel like I'm missing jack shit.

Also it would be Snell making a crap play when I looked up.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I've been dragged away from the screen but feel like I'm missing jack shit.

Also it would be Snell making a crap play when I looked up.
Hes making a crap play 95% of the time, whether you’re watching or not

At least Jax can make FGs lol

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
I'm not sure if Harris running behind a crap line in the regular season will be much of an improvement on Benny Football running behind a crap line in the pre-season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad