OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Steelers need a new ball thrower for the handball game thingy

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I see it as Trubisky and Oline don’t look to be improvements on last season, so why not play Pickett…not impressed w MT…I don’t know if it’s the playcalling or players on the field but Pickett looks better than Trubisky

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I don’t think Trubisky has really done anything to lose the starting job, but Pickett has made his leash extremely short I think. He looks way better than I thought he would

Yeah, this is exactly it. Trubisky is the starter unless he plays himself out of the starter's role, but Pickett is making his leash really short.

I have no problem with being patient with Pickett, but if Trubisky is playing like crap like 8 weeks into the year, you're going to need to go to Pickett. He's not this project.

we haven't seen rudy yet.

I think Rudy is too busy getting tuggies from an underage girl in a hotel room.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I see it as Trubisky and Oline don’t look to be improvements on last season, so why not play Pickett…not impressed w MT…I don’t know if it’s the playcalling or players on the field but Pickett looks better than Trubisky

You kinda answered your question with the o line. It's not about who's better tomorrow, first day of the season, even last game of the season, it's about what's the best for Pickett hitting his ceiling and getting chucked in a little raw behind a ultra-dodge o line doesn't sound like it.

Reactions: CheckingLineCenter

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
"And we'll see Rudolph to start the half"

over-and-out-television.gif

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
You kinda answered your question with the o line. It's not about who's better tomorrow, first day of the season, even last game of the season, it's about what's the best for Pickett hitting his ceiling and getting chucked in a little raw behind a ultra-dodge o line doesn't sound like it.

iDK, he seems to get it out quicker than Mitch…it may be the coaching staff is making his reads easier, but the OL doesn’t seem as bad with him

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
The fact that Pickett only got two series and is out, and the starting Oline plus Dotson is still in there, tells you all you need to know…Rudolph should be third string or traded…

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
A difference between KP and MT.

The OLine mostly sucked for both.

But the difference is that when the OLine let the rush through MT used his athletism to break the tackle for a loss and make a play.

KP on the other hand made the quicker read and decision and the ball was out before the pressure got to him.

Which is a way of saying that if the OLine is going to be an issue KP may be able to hide the warts better.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
I see they haven't taken the "pass short of the sticks" play out of their third and short arsenal.

Reactions: Andy99

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
iDK, he seems to get it out quicker than Mitch…it may be the coaching staff is making his reads easier, but the OL doesn’t seem as bad with him

I mean I can't talk details right now, I ain't watching. And maybe Pickett's momentum means sticking him is the right thing. But that's the question on why not play Pickett.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
That was a quick pull for picket.

yep, good sign..if Tomlin was smart, he’d, if not start him, then see how Mitch does against Cincy and if it’s not good, put in Pickett for the rest of the season

I see they haven't taken the "pass short of the sticks" play out of their third and short arsenal.
the Short of the Sticks play for the Steelers is like the Pass Out to the Flat for every other team…its a staple of the offense that will never go out of style apparently lol

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

In only 2.5 quarters as well. It's getting harder and harder to justify there being a "competition" for the QB spot, it's clearly Trubisky and Pickett going forward.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
yep, good sign..if Tomlin was smart, he’d, if not start him, then see how Mitch does against Cincy and if it’s not good, put in Pickett for the rest of the season

the Short of the Sticks play for the Steelers is like the Pass Out to the Flat for every other team…its a staple of the offense that will never go out of style apparently lol
LOL. There it is again.

Reactions: Andy99

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Man, are the Steelers giving an extended look to Rudolph tonight to dangle him for a trade…if so, it’s not working…

Reactions: Hockeygod66

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad