OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Steelers need a new ball thrower for the handball game thingy

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Truth doesn’t matter. Once tainted like that you’re damaged goods. People are kidding themselves thinking he’s going to be around in the NFL very much longer

Riley Cooper got caught using slurs on camera and stuck in the league and even got on another team. Richie Incognito was accused of it and stuck in the league. I know we're a little along from those events, but it doesn't look like it's a career ending sentence, assuming people do consider him tainted, which again seems odd when this team has already given him a new contract and one of the guys right there has signed with us

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

TotesTorts

Mar 5, 2016
Cooper didn’t stick on the league, he played for the freaking Eagles a couple more years then was out of the league.

Incognito was a complete psychopath POS who only survived because he was a good OL.

Mason neither plays for Philadelphia nor is he a starting caliber player.

He’s not likely to be around the league much longer. Best just accept it.

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
Rudolph did pretty well last night, but he got pretty lucky also. He very well could have had a big fumble on the first drive and then a pick later on, but somehow the guy dropped it. His game could have look pretty disastrous if he didn't have some good fortune.

I don't know if it was just me, but I swear I heard light booing when he came in, which would be pretty lame if true.
No the booing was legit.

I mean to say MR got lucky...I'm not gonna go there.

But yes the boos for Rudy happened.

TotesTorts

Mar 5, 2016
For what? Fake racial allegations by the moron Garrett?

People around the league/ county have taken a “where there’s smoke there’s fire” position for those allegations. You can’t have the stench of being a racist on you and expect to stick around. He’s toast

Josey Wales

May 16, 2022
People around the league/ county have taken a “where there’s smoke there’s fire” position for those allegations. You can’t have the stench of being a racist on you and expect to stick around. He’s toast
Genius & Stupidity are the same, except Genius has its limitations

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
what people? the only ones i know are raciest. and i don't really care what they think. and neither should anyone else.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
No the booing was legit.

I mean to say MR got lucky...I'm not gonna go there.

But yes the boos for Rudy happened.

How did MR not get lucky?

He had a strip sack and was lucky enough it bounced to him to recover and his throw into the hands of the Hawks player was dropped.

I thought he played well, but not sure how anyone could dismiss Lady Luck was smiling on him Saturday night.

Reactions: Peat

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
Pickens might already be the best receiver on the team

Trubisky looked the part of week one starter and the offense in general looked smooth, somewhat convinced that Ben was holding them back last year play call option-wise

Rudolph still has the NFL arm, and still doesn't have the NFL pocket awareness

Pickett impressed as he looked calm and made the right reads, just like he did at Pitt - but he didn't air the ball out too much and took a few hits he needs to learn to avoid against NFL talent to not end up on the IR

Hopefully will get to see Calvin Austin in preseason action, absolute war for the last receiver spot

Defense was a weakness but less starters playing so it is what it is

If they could get Roquan Smith for a package around Bush and a receiver and/or picks it's a no brainer at this point

Exactly how I see it.

Pickens is going to be a stud

Rudolph still has zero pocket awareness and should just be traded at this point.
I need to see more of Pickett to make any judgments

There’s no shortage of capable backups in the league. And there’s a very small market for statue QBs with zero pocket presence.

Uh, yes indeed there are!

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Amazing reading boards after the game. That game went as well as any could have hoped regarding all of the new players. And while there is plenty to nitpick, I find oh so annoying that to be considered a true "student of the game" you have pile on with the critique first when in my eyes, the POSITIVE HUGELY out-weighed any of the negative.

Reactions: Josey Wales

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004

I don't follow the NFL like I used too, but who are some of these guys :laugh:. They have Rudolph a middle of the pack backup QB, which I'd say is about right.

No man stop playing, the NFL has tons of great backups I hear.

Guys like Joe.. err.. Josh Johnson and John Wolford.

And of course the highly touted Cooper Rush.

Don’t act like you never heard of these guys.

With all this abundance of QB riches the NFL enjoys, MR best savor his last season of NFL football.

Reactions: domaug

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Truth doesn’t matter. Once tainted like that you’re damaged goods. People are kidding themselves thinking he’s going to be around in the NFL very much longer

If this is true, how do you define the *checks notes* 17 year career of Ryan Fitzpatrick? Or the 16 year career of Charlie Batch? Chase Daniel? Josh McCown? Nick Foles? Joe Flacco? Jacoby Brissett? Tyrod Taylor? Case Keenum? There are examples everywhere, and Rudolph is as good as these guys.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
I’d keep Mason.

If you move him and the season (or the offense) is a complete shitshow, you’re a Trubisky injury away from possibly cratering Pickett’s development.

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
well 50 getting Pancaked didn't help

Pause it at the 2 second mark. The hole to the right of Bush is technically Spillane's.
Bush has the alley to his left. #50 getting blown to the right way should actually make Bush's read EASIER.

Bush gave up too much ground and therefore left a huge cutback lane (which the RB took easily). If he would have went FORWARD instead of laterally, the available lane would have been diminished greatly. I get he's a prancing p***y, but you can't be that way as an ILB.

He's a good yard and a half behind #50, he needs to be right on his butt. Terrible reading of his keys by Bush

Reactions: Goalie_Bob

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
I’d keep Mason.

If you move him and the season (or the offense) is a complete shitshow, you’re a Trubisky injury away from possibly cratering Pickett’s development.

They invested a first in Harris and heavily invested in rebuilding their line. If MT goes down, you go the Cowher route like he did to protect Roth.

Ball control, run heavy offense and make KP a game manager.

I severely doubt a ball control offense with KP as a manger loses anymore games than letting MR run the regular offense.

We have seen MR as a starter and he’s essentially a .500 type guy.

Reactions: Andy99

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
They invested a first in Harris and heavily invested in rebuilding their line. If MT goes down, you go the Cowher route like he did to protect Roth.

I severely doubt a ball control offense with KP as a manger loses anymore games than letting MR run the regular offense.

Not worried about W/L - worried about ruining Pickett in a shit show offense.

If it’s awful I’d rather just let MT/MR eat the crap and reset with a better coordinator and line next year for KP. No point in ruining his confidence and development if the offense is a mess.

Moving MR is just a risk in that sense.

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021

Regardless of who the QB is: MT/MR/KP he's going to be a handoff monkey. Harris is going to get a billion touches and snaps
That's my prediction for the Steelers offense

Goalie_Bob

1992 Vezina (2nd)
Dec 30, 2005
Pittsburgh
Yeah, in a real game, 50 will not at the line.

That being said, Bush is reacting instead of being proactive and filling in the gap, which is what a ILB needs to do. IMO, that has nothing to do with his injury.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I’d keep Mason.

If they're willing to have Rudolph chill and do nothing unless Trubisky sucks, then sure. If he's going to cut into Pickett's practice time, I'd rather run the risk. I think things would have to be worse than last year in terms of weapons and protection for it to be a real shit show, and so far we appear a real step ahead.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Do whatever you want with Rudolph. It's fine.

He's just an avatar for "Ben has been a hindrance and replacement-level QB since 2019, and his last extension was a team killer" which many of us feel. But at this point, we have better QBs anyway.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad