OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Steelers need a new ball thrower for the handball game thingy

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
It was a subtle boo kind of - so I thought maybe I was hearing stuff.

That’s pretty sad. I know MR isn’t some kind of solution, but he’s just trying to keep his dream going really.

correction: it was Tim Benz who mentioned it…

Reactions: domaug

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
correction: it was Tim Benz who mentioned it…

Ya that’s exactly how I heard it - like a grumbling type boo. So I thought maybe it was just me.

When they went bananas for KP, I was pretty confident it was some kind of booing I heard though.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
If this team can hit with Warren and Heyward, that will be huge. Both looked like guys who could be contributors. I'm hoping they give Gentry a good look this preseason also. I expected to see him last night.

Reactions: domaug

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
It was a subtle boo kind of - so I thought maybe I was hearing stuff.

That’s pretty sad. I know MR isn’t some kind of solution, but he’s just trying to keep his dream going really.
I was at the game.

It was after he was sacked.

Still lame as they reacted after one bad play.

StIvany4Norris

Oct 13, 2020
Pickens might already be the best receiver on the team

Trubisky looked the part of week one starter and the offense in general looked smooth, somewhat convinced that Ben was holding them back last year play call option-wise

Rudolph still has the NFL arm, and still doesn't have the NFL pocket awareness

Pickett impressed as he looked calm and made the right reads, just like he did at Pitt - but he didn't air the ball out too much and took a few hits he needs to learn to avoid against NFL talent to not end up on the IR

Hopefully will get to see Calvin Austin in preseason action, absolute war for the last receiver spot

Defense was a weakness but less starters playing so it is what it is

If they could get Roquan Smith for a package around Bush and a receiver and/or picks it's a no brainer at this point

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
I was at the game.

It was after he was sacked.

Still lame as they reacted after one bad play.

The booing came after the sack. When he first came in you could hear this low, grumbling type boo.

Hard to explain, but apparently Benz heard it to.

TotesTorts

Mar 5, 2016
Five wide with Claypool and Muth and Austin running underneath lol Threaten with that then pound Najee

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
I thought Seahawks D looked really bad. Even on the winning td throw. It wasn’t that special of a throw, nice cut by Vaughns and they missed the tackle.

We have to see if he can make the really special throws still, obviously.

But putting the ball outside the numbers exactly where it had to be with a DL bull rushing in his face, was nice to see.

Those aren’t easy throws to make in the NFL, even if that corner will be working at Chucky Burger in Sept.

TotesTorts

Mar 5, 2016
Rudy lost the court of public opinion years ago. I would be surprised if anyone trades for him or even signs him next season. The rest of his career may be training camp fodder and a spring league.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Rudy lost the court of public opinion years ago. I would be surprised if anyone trades for him or even signs him next season. The rest of his career may be training camp fodder and a spring league.

Nah. He will find steady work as a backup and likely be around for 9-10 years. There are some god awful backups out there and he's right around avg for a backup - which is why he will keep getting contracts.

as nice as it was to hear all the cheering for pickett, the booing of rudy was just sad. some fans need to move back to philly.

He blew his big chance to be their starter and now he's In KP way. So I get why he annoys Steeler fans, but the brother is just trying to make a living out there.

You don't have to love the guy, but don't f***ing boo him. Pathetic.

Josey Wales

May 16, 2022
Good Lord he shag your GF or Mom ???

TotesTorts

Mar 5, 2016
Nah. He will find steady work as a backup and likely be around for 9-10 years. There are some god awful backups out there and he's right around avg for a backup - which is why he will keep getting contracts.

He blew his big chance to be their starter and now he's In KP way. So I get why he annoys Steeler fans, but the brother is just trying to make a living out there.

You don't have to love the guy, but don't f***ing boo him. Pathetic.

It’s not about ability. People think he dropped The Word and deserved what he got from GarrettS You can’t work around it. He’s spoiled goods.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
It’s not about ability. People think he dropped The Word and deserved what he got from GarrettS You can’t work around it. He’s spoiled goods.

I doubt even a single NFL GM is going to care about some he said/he said incident when both guys manned up and shook hands in front of the NFL world.

MR will be hanging around the NFL as a backup for many years after he leaves the Steelers.

Zero chance he’s blackballed because Garrett made sure MR was exonerated on 1/3/21.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

TotesTorts

Mar 5, 2016
No one believes he said the word to Garrett

wrong

I doubt even a single NFL GM is going to care about some he said/he said incident when both guys manned up and shook hands in front of the NFL world.

MR will be hanging around the NFL as a backup for many years after he leaves the Steelers.

Zero chance he’s blackballed because Garrett made sure MR was exonerated on 1/3/21.

He’s not good enough to risk a lockerroom issue. He may find some work but no one is going to rush to bring him in. Besides, statue QBs are becoming a relic. Who can he backup at this point? Brady?

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
wrong

He’s not good enough to risk a lockerroom issue. He may find some work but no one is going to rush to bring him in. Besides, statue QBs are becoming a relic. Who can he backup at this point? Brady?

Ogunjobi presence on the Steelers is substantial evidence you are fully exaggerating here.

It seems like you have an issue with MR and are projecting it onto NFL orgs.

MR won't have issues finding backup work around this league for the next 5-7 years barring injury.

Or unless the league suddenly has a massive influx of capable backups, which has been an issue almost my entire life following this league so um, doubt it's changing any time soon.

TotesTorts

Mar 5, 2016
Two completely different things.

I don’t have anything against MR. maybe you’ve got a thing for him? Do you send him flowers?

There’s no shortage of capable backups in the league. And there’s a very small market for statue QBs with zero pocket presence.

• Wow
Reactions: Factorial

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
There are backups worse than Mason Rudolph. He will probably be a backup in the league for a really long time. He just won't be here next year. Hopefully a team is completely strapped after preseason and we can maybe get something more than a 7th round pick in 2026 for him.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Two completely different things.

I don’t have anything against MR. maybe you’ve got a thing for him? Do you send him flowers?

There’s no shortage of capable backups in the league. And there’s a very small market for statue QBs with zero pocket presence.

There is no shortage of capable backups? There is a shortage of capable starters… hence Geno Smith starting yesterday.

And if there is a shortage of capable starters, guess what that means.

Guess you just like to write dumb shit?

Declaring he will never find work in the league after this year is a clear agenda (and asinine to boot) so there is a better chance you made a voodoo MR doll.

Shows us on the voodoo doll where he hurt you…

Last edited:

TotesTorts

Mar 5, 2016
Truth doesn’t matter. Once tainted like that you’re damaged goods. People are kidding themselves thinking he’s going to be around in the NFL very much longer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad