OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Steelers need a new ball thrower for the handball game thingy

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Is that McNichols dude gonna make the team or is he just a camp body or practice squad guy? No I am not suggesting he could be RB2 I just remembered he got signed and wondered.

I'd like to see McFarland off the roster.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Is that McNichols dude gonna make the team or is he just a camp body or practice squad guy? No I am not suggesting he could be RB2 I just remembered he got signed and wondered.

I'd like to see McFarland off the roster.

Got injured, no? I feel like he had a shot, but not with the injury. I think that Warren has inherited that shot now.

Reactions: Double-Shift Lasse

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
This will be far and away the best surrounding cast Trubisky has ever had. I predict he'll have a better statistical season than he did in 2018.

It will be really interesting to see what happens with the weapons he has coupled with the fact that he can run. The only real question mark is still the offensive line, but theoretically they should be better.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
To unseat Snell he has to excel on ST

Snell avg 2.7 YPC last season…. 2.7. With 0 TDs.

They could pick up some random first round cuts this summer that could easily replace Snell.

Not sure how this guy is even around, except he talks about himself in the third person, so Tomlin thinks that makes him irreplaceable I guess?

Reactions: Pens x and Andy99

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
Snell avg 2.7 YPC last season…. 2.7. With 0 TDs.

They could pick up some random first round cuts this summer that could easily replace Snell.

Not sure how this guy is even around, except he talks about himself in the third person, so Tomlin thinks that makes him irreplaceable I guess?
Because Danny smith loves him on special teams just like D Watt. Moats was talking about on his YouTube show the other day McFarland is the sweeps and pure receiving back got blown up often in backs on backers. That’s why warren is going to make the team cause he can actually pass block but to get a hat he needs to play good on ST

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Because Danny smith loves him on special teams just like D Watt. Moats was talking about on his YouTube show the other day McFarland is the sweeps and pure receiving back got blown up often in backs on backers. That’s why warren is going to make the team cause he can actually pass block but to get a hat he needs to play good on ST

Ya I get Smith loves him, given he had 67% of the ST snaps last season.

However, there comes a point where there are diminishing returns when a guy is simply a bad RB.

When Harris needs a breather or is hurt, you want a rb to go in that is actually, you know - good.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
Ya I get Smith loves him, given he had 67% of the ST snaps last season.

However, there comes a point where there are diminishing returns when a guy is simply a bad RB.

When Harris needs a breather or is hurt, you want a rb to go in that is actually, you know - good.
Absolutely I don’t like him as RB2 I think warren is going to take that from him and Snell will leave in FA next year. I am also thinking they bring in a cut guy in September

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Absolutely I don’t like him as RB2 I think warren is going to take that from him and Snell will leave in FA next year. I am also thinking they bring in a cut guy in September

Their backup RB spot has been atrocious for the last few years - Tomlin really needs to address it this summer.

Keeping the status quo will certainly not accomplish that. So hopefully Tomlin figures that out and Warren can be the answer.

Haven’t seen him play though, so I’ll wait and see how things go in relation to him specifically.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
Their backup RB spot has been atrocious for the last few years - Tomlin really needs to address it this summer.

Keeping the status quo will certainly not accomplish that. So hopefully Tomlin figures that out and Warren can be the answer.

Haven’t seen him play though, so I’ll wait and see how things go in relation to him specifically.
Yeah even Najaee has been calling out the need for a real rb2. He said he noticed while doing self scouting from last season he wasn’t his best at points last year because he was tired. Tonight is the McFarland and Warren show not sure Durant plays and Teague just got here

xlm34

Dec 1, 2008
McFarland to me is the right idea of what the ideal RB2 should look like behind Najee. His speed is unique to the running back room, so it gives you a different look. He just struggles with the whole playing football thing which is a shame.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
McFarland to me is the right idea of what the ideal RB2 should look like behind Najee. His speed is unique to the running back room, so it gives you a different look. He just struggles with the whole playing football thing which is a shame.

His vision and power are just below avg. So while he's fast, he's lacking the two most essential attributes for an NFL RB.

Snell and McFarland just aren't the answer and Tomlin needs to wrap his head around that reality.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Iirc Snell's stats are fine when taking the load because Harris is out, and abysmal when giving Harris a breather. All too easy to see how Mr "Needs More Bellcow" likes Snell, but everyone in the world can see Harris needs less snaps.

So yeah, fingers crossed something works out.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
The Oline still looks to be a problem…hopefully they can still get on the same page before the season starts…

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad