OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Steelers need a new ball thrower for the handball game thingy

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Re-watching games from last year, Bush looked liked like a guy who didn't want to be out there. What was amazing was that the Steelers continually put the guy on the field when they have an up close view with his play.

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
Re-watching games from last year, Bush looked liked like a guy who didn't want to be out there. What was amazing was that the Steelers continually put the guy on the field when they have an up close view with his play.

You do understand the Tomlin connection to Bush right?

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
Is this a dog whistle of the David Morehouse variety, or the "this team is unlikeable - that's not how a *real* American celebrates a TD" version?

Bush is the godson of Derrick Brooks (who Tomlin coached in TB)
Brooks and Tomlin are extremely tight

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Bush's desire doesn't appear to be there when I watch him. He looks like a spoiled kid who had supreme athletic ability and was able to get by on that alone. Now that he's playing guys as athletic as he is, he needs to buck up and he isn't. The guy doesn't even put up a fight in the run game. It's really sad how much we gave up for him to fail.

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013
Bush's desire doesn't appear to be there when I watch him. He looks like a spoiled kid who had supreme athletic ability and was able to get by on that alone. Now that he's playing guys as athletic as he is, he needs to buck up and he isn't. The guy doesn't even put up a fight in the run game. It's really sad how much we gave up for him to fail.
I love how people sitting on their ass can tell someones desire or how spoiled the are.

If you dont like his game, thats one thing. But all the rest is make believe. Even if your right its nothing more than you projecting and getting lucky

xlm34

Dec 1, 2008
Bush’s tentativeness last year definitely could have been because he was afraid his knee would give out on him. He didn’t look like that at all his rookie year and second year before the injury so who knows.

I was listening to a podcast with Dale Lolley and Matt Williamson and they said Bush has had a solid camp. I saw Dulac’s report and he may be right, but his reporting has been so bad this offseason so he’s in the grain of salt tier for me.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA

Chris Hoke on Bush: "whenever he's on the field, the Steelers are essentially playing with 10 men."

Merrill Hoge: "I don't see how he can be on the team next season, if he is, we won't make the playoffs."

Not sure I've ever heard ex Steelers with such criticism (albeit well deserved) of a current Steeler.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
I love how people sitting on their ass can tell someones desire or how spoiled the are.

If you dont like his game, thats one thing. But all the rest is make believe. Even if your right its nothing more than you projecting and getting lucky

It's not really a projection. He gets destroyed in the run game to the point he may as well not even be there. If his knee isn't well enough to stand up in the run game still, he shouldn't be out there. He gives up on plays, and allows himself to get swept up. He is a privileged kid who came from a professional player and has some of the best to ever play the game as his Godfather and friends of his dad. He blows. Golden goose lays an egg.

Chris Hoke on Bush: "whenever he's on the field, the Steelers are essentially playing with 10 men."

Merrill Hoge: "I don't see how he can be on the team next season, if he is, we won't make the playoffs."

Not sure I've ever heard ex Steelers with such criticism (albeit well deserved) of a current Steeler.

It's so evident. The guy from his rookie year to now is 180 degrees different.

Reactions: Night Shift

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
People should have known Bush was going to fail when he showed up to draft night in a horrific attempt at a Michael Jackson outfit...

I agree, the kid has zero work ethic and the fact that Robert f***ing Spillane is probably going to beat him out is a testament to what is being said.

And once again, it proves Tomlin would rather play favorites, be one of the boys, give handouts to family and old connections.

Dude is a fraud of the highest order.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013
It's not really a projection. He gets destroyed in the run game to the point he may as well not even be there. If his knee isn't well enough to stand up in the run game still, he shouldn't be out there. He gives up on plays, and allows himself to get swept up. He is a privileged kid who came from a professional player and has some of the best to ever play the game as his Godfather and friends of his dad. He blows. Golden goose lays an egg.

It's so evident. The guy from his rookie year to now is 180 degrees different.
Its absolutely 100 percent a projection.

Him sucking and being privileged are a causation you want with no tangible reason to believe.

Reactions: Double-Shift Lasse

xlm34

Dec 1, 2008
ancient-aliens-1.png

A lot of this going on right now.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus

Him sucking and being privileged are a causation you want with no tangible reason to believe.
Yup.

He sucks. Yes. That can be seen. We can even see what about his game is making him suck. But the idea that we can identify the root cause of it is projection/speculation for sure.

Last edited:

JTG

Sep 30, 2007

Why do you think he sucks?

I mean, I guess every MLB in the league has an NFL dad and a godfather that is Derrick Brooks. The guy has a leg up. He's getting beaten out by Robert f***ing Spillane right now. Stick up for the dude. Say people are projecting. He sucks, and he didn't before. There has to be something happening. My hope is that he figures his shit out or they cut him because he's detrimental to the team with how he played last year.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
I was pumped we got him and still have hope. Sucks it’s turning out this way, especially after his very good rookie year and start to year 2 before the injury.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
I was pumped we got him and still have hope. Sucks it’s turning out this way, especially after his very good rookie year and start to year 2 before the injury.
I was also. And his rookie year was incredibly promising. If he is still mindf***ed over his knee injury, that's a big issue. He has said he lacks confidence in his knee.

Jack is going to help Bush, but you can't cover up a MLB that looks like he's on skates out there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad