OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Steelers need a new ball thrower for the handball game thingy

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Tbf, the noise from camp does sound like Trubisky is heading the right way to playing himself out of a job. Long road before he actually does so of course, but it is his current direction of travel.

Reactions: ChaosAgent

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Tbf, the noise from camp does sound like Trubisky is heading the right way to playing himself out of a job. Long road before he actually does so of course, but it is his current direction of travel.

Ya all reports sound like he’s shitting the bed hard, but in his defense he’s missing his top two WRs, his best TE and best RB.

Apparently DL 1 is dominating OL 1 as well, so that also doesn’t help him either.

Sounds like OL2 is.dominating DL2 and DL3 is dominating OL3.

So the QB playing with OL2 may have the biggest advantage as he isn’t constantly running for his life.

Reactions: Peat

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Shocked Tbh. I had mostly been following the Pirates, no idea about this Mitch disaster

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Shocked Tbh. I had mostly been following the Pirates, no idea about this Mitch disaster

I wouldn't call it a disaster at this point but 16 straight reps without connecting on the goal line drills and other stuff creates the start of a narrative.

And everything Jiggy talks about is true. 1st team offence vs 1st team defence is currently a very one sided match-up with fitness and everything. His best WR connection seems to be Anthony Miller to nobody's surprise. Flip Rudolph and Trubisky, as I'm sure they will, and I think their direction of travel will change a little.

Just right now it looks a bit more of a battle than it started.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
I wouldn't call it a disaster at this point but 16 straight reps without connecting on the goal line drills and other stuff creates the start of a narrative.

And everything Jiggy talks about is true. 1st team offence vs 1st team defence is currently a very one sided match-up with fitness and everything. His best WR connection seems to be Anthony Miller to nobody's surprise. Flip Rudolph and Trubisky, as I'm sure they will, and I think their direction of travel will change a little.

Just right now it looks a bit more of a battle than it started.

MR winning the starting job is unlikely, but isn't out of the question. That would create a big problem if it happens though, because I'm 100% sure it puts KP in that third string slot I'm highly concerned about.

I've always backed MR and think he can be a decent backup, but he's had his chances and shown us who he is - even losing his starting job to a noodle armed Duck guy who isn't even in the league anymore.

I'd like to see MR do well for himself, but hopefully that's on another team, because he isn't taking this team anywhere positive.

So with all this rambling my point is, I'm sort of pulling for MT, even though long term I want him to get pushed aside by KP.

Reactions: Peat

Goalie_Bob

1992 Vezina (2nd)
Dec 30, 2005
Pittsburgh
Excuse me, sir. Seeing as how

the VP is such a VIP...

shouldn't we keep the PC on the QT,

'cause if it leaks to the VC...

he could end up an MIA,

and then we'd all be put on KP.

Reactions: Arkadiusz

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
The RPo wasn’t new Haley tired to get Ben to do it when bell was here. The stone foot mason had the 2nd longest run of the season last year against Detroit and ran their safety over. They literally ran the Fitchner Haley offense last 2 seasons with motion that Ben hated and everyone knew Ben hates play action and has for years. He said he can’t read the defense with his back turned. Ben inability to throw the ball over the middle of the field to beat cover 2 or hit the deep ball when teams where in cover 1 was bad. There’s a reason why the gm and coach wanted to move on from him last year and ownership had to step in to bring him back in 2020

Are you serious with this? Mason had a long run so he's an RPO QB now?

The Ben bashing and TOmlin fetish is quite extreme and apparent in your posts

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
If the Offensive Line/Canada scheme completely blow… might be best for Pickett to be 3rd string. Keep him and his confidence away from the field.

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV
Meh, early camp always favors the D. Especially when it's a stable lineup/scheme from previous year. Almost our entire OL is new/scrambled and we've got 2 new QBs in the mix as well. Plus MR has the advantage of having done absolutely nothing but read the playbook the last 2-3 years.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV
The only question I have regarding Mason is why does he take such shallow drops? I think the guy would fair much better with 5-7 step drops vs 2-3 he does currently.

Probably because he's too slow getting back there. He ran out of the gun so much in college ...

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
The only question I have regarding Mason is why does he take such shallow drops? I think the guy would fair much better with 5-7 step drops vs 2-3 he does currently.
He isn't that good, and neither is Canada's system. Or the OL for that matter.

Reactions: Andy99

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Meh, early camp always favors the D. Especially when it's a stable lineup/scheme from previous year. Almost our entire OL is new/scrambled and we've got 2 new QBs in the mix as well. Plus MR has the advantage of having done absolutely nothing but read the playbook the last 2-3 years.

And let's not forget that our D is just straight up better than our OL. This team's pass rush might be the best they face all year.

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
Gene Takovic: Gerry, I have heard rumblings that Bush still looks tentative and lacks any sort of explosion. 1) Would you agree with that assessment?
Gerry Dulac: I would agree

TotesTorts

Mar 5, 2016
Based on the limited number of videos that have surfaced online, it does look like the OL is getting bossed around. Not what you like to see.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
Are you serious with this? Mason had a long run so he's an RPO QB now?

The Ben bashing and TOmlin fetish is quite extreme and apparent in your posts
You don’t have to be fleet of foot to run the RPo Stafford is running it. Nathan peterman got drafted using the Canada system and he wasn’t fleet of foot. You have to be able to roll out use play action and attack the c and b gabs on occasion. Heck Tua might be the best RPo guy in the league he isn’t winning any races.
Ben RPo was always a count the box and hand jester to the wr or make a site adjustment. Jimmy g isn’t felt of foot he does fine in RPo

The thing Kenny does best is roll out and throw on the run and Mitch is good at play action. Both can pick up a 3-6 with there legs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad