OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Steelers need a new ball thrower for the handball game thingy

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
The should trade dj! Several teams need a WR would give multiple picks back. A Miller could easily pick up some of his receptions.

That is not how the Steelers do business. They will be completely content getting a comp pick for him in 2024. I'd love to see them flip him though and get something of value.

We are going to need something because I think the Ravens just had the draft of the century in 2022.

Pickens garnering some hype.

Leal intrigues me.

I forget we drafted Leal. Leal was a top 10 prospect heading into last season. He has some skill if they can unleash it.

xlm34

Dec 1, 2008
I’d give DJ a 3 year deal at around 20 million and not think twice about it. The cap probably won’t be an issue until they need to pay a QB. And it’ll better for Pickett’s development if he has a lot of weapons on offense.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
Clowns first losing season coming up....no more Ben to bail him out of 8-8 or 8-8-1
Lol they had the 24th best QB last 2 years and still made the playoffs. The defense the o line and skill positions are better they are winning 11 games regardless of QB

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I wouldn't pay DJ a dime. He went back to dropping the ball down the stretch and in the playoff game vs KC last year. 2 key drops in that one. He's not a guy you can rely on. They should get what pick they can for him and move on.

Yep, agree…if Pickens and Austin are making him superfluous, best to trade him before the deadline if they can get a third round pick or higher…the team should hold on to him as long as possible in case of injuries but then trade him…they’ll get a third round comp pick for him if he stays and walks so the pick coming back has to be higher than that

Reactions: SomeDude

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
I wouldn't pay DJ a dime. He went back to dropping the ball down the stretch and in the playoff game vs KC last year. 2 key drops in that one. He's not a guy you can rely on. They should get what pick they can for him and move on.
When you constantly are getting targeted your gonna drop a few passes. Allen Chase kelece and Debo lead the league in drops Claypool and Najaee has more drops than DJ. He had a rough December and playoffs but was credited with 5 drops

xlm34

Dec 1, 2008

If the drops were because he just had bad hands I’d agree. But they seem to be from trying to make a big play and turning up field early on all those quick shots over the middle. It’s fixable stuff and he made a lot of strides last year.

I just don’t think you move on from a guy with his potential because of a few drops down the stretch.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

xlm34

Dec 1, 2008
Rut row

“The investigation found that while Ross did make comments about the 2020 NFL Drafttaking priority over the Dolphins' record and one alleged comment about paying Flores $100,000 to lose games, the remarks were "not intended or taken to be a serious offer, nor was the subject pursued in any respect by Mr. Ross or anyone else at the club."

Ahh yup the old “I was just joking defense”. That’s crazy though. I’m pretty sure Florio got roasted for his original report about this.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
Trubisky is 25th then cause he won't be better than 40 year old Ben.
Tribsky will allow them to use play action roll outs and get under center and run a Qb sneak and pick up a 3 and 5 with his legs. I think Mitch can crack the top 17 to 20 that’s mac jones Tua and Jimmy G territory

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
Tribsky will allow them to use play action roll outs and get under center and run a Qb sneak and pick up a 3 and 5 with his legs. I think Mitch can crack the top 17 to 20 that’s mac jones Tua and Jimmy G territory
I re edited it since I failed to mention we have the worst coaching staff (and least paid) in the league an that will knock us to 8 wins maybe less.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
I re edited it since I failed to mention we have the worst coaching staff (and least paid staff) in the league an that will knock us to 8 wins maybe less.
Lol our HC has a winning record with whoever he has at Qb our linebacker coach and co dc dragged the dolphins to wins when the owner wanted to tank for Tua. Our WR coach helped get Robbie Anderson and DJ moore paid

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
I re edited it since I failed to mention we have the worst coaching staff (and least paid) in the league an that will knock us to 8 wins maybe less.

Here is how I look at it on offense vs last year:

QB - we took a step down.
Other areas: Oline/WR we definitely improved.

So what is the net result of that? I'd probably say 8 wins again or less. People forget that Ben had like 4 comeback wins because of this offense's stupid philosophy of eating clock, getting to 3rd down and keeping it close.

Issue was that we struggled to keep it close and then they told Ben "just go ahead and play sandlot". And he mostly delivered in the 4th.

In the division alone I have at LEAST 4 losses
Cincy 2x
Balt
Clev

Reactions: Night Shift

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
Trubisky was fine before drafting Pickett but now its just a waste to keep Pickett on the sidelines. And Clown will do the absolute minimum to get the kid ready

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
If I'm Ben and there is a QB injury later in the season to a contender (I predict Baltimore with Lamar) I'm definitely going somewhere so I can prove everyone wrong. Especially with a better coach in place than Clown.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
If I'm Ben and there is a QB injury later in the season to a contender (I predict Baltimore with Lamar) I'm definitely going somewhere so I can prove everyone wrong. Especially with a better coach in place than Clown.

Ben is fat, slow and done.

Give it up.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
Here is how I look at it on offense vs last year:

QB - we took a step down.
Other areas: Oline/WR we definitely improved.

So what is the net result of that? I'd probably say 8 wins again or less. People forget that Ben had like 4 comeback wins because of this offense's stupid philosophy of eating clock, getting to 3rd down and keeping it close.

Issue was that we struggled to keep it close and then they told Ben "just go ahead and play sandlot". And he mostly delivered in the 4th.

In the division alone I have at LEAST 4 losses
Cincy 2x
Balt
Clev
They have won 4 straight against Bmore and have Lamars number. Watson week 17 at home unless the Steelers are locked in the playoffs isn’t beating us. Cincinnati week 1 is the perfect time to play them just like last year when they played Buffalo week 1. I have said 3-3 in the division 3-1 against the east 2-2 against the south gets you to 8. Colts Philly raiders are all winnable.
The comebacks stat wins were laughable. Buffalo week 1 blocked punt for td against Buffalo never give up the lead GW drive
Seattle strip sack in OT Ben gets a GW drive
Ben has a game against Cleveland like mason did against Detroit tje offense takes the lead with 12 minutes left and GW dr for ben. Tennessee the defense gets 4 turnovers and the offense scored 13 points GW dr. Bmore watt breaks up Lamar pass to Andrews ben GW dr. The offense was terrible outside of no huddle cause that’s all Ben was comfortable with

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
They have won 4 straight against Bmore and have Lamars number. Watson week 17 at home unless the Steelers are locked in the playoffs isn’t beating us. Cincinnati week 1 is the perfect time to play them just like last year when they played Buffalo week 1. I have said 3-3 in the division 3-1 against the east 2-2 against the south gets you to 8. Colts Philly raiders are all winnable.
The comebacks stat wins were laughable. Buffalo week 1 blocked punt for td against Buffalo never give up the lead GW drive
Seattle strip sack in OT Ben gets a GW drive
Ben has a game against Cleveland like mason did against Detroit tje offense takes the lead with 12 minutes left and GW dr for ben. Tennessee the defense gets 4 turnovers and the offense scored 13 points GW dr. Bmore watt breaks up Lamar pass to Andrews ben GW dr. The offense was terrible outside of no huddle cause that’s all Ben was comfortable with

Clowns are still clowns. Its like calling a spade a spade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad