OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Pathetic Steelers

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SuburbanRhythm

WorldClassJagoff
May 6, 2002
Pittsburgh
Visit site
I know Matthieu didn't play this season and is far from a high character guy, but any chance we take a flyer on him in the 3rd round? He has a chance to be the best cb in this class if he can get his act together. He'd definitely contribute on special teams right away.

I don't think they would have, beyond the drug issues, because of the way Steelers CBs must play the run. He'd last about 2 games.

clefty

Retrovertigo
Dec 24, 2003
Visit site
Amazes me when you hear these guys speak to think they're college educated.

Just missed my team's pick announcement because ESPN is still talking to this bumbling, barely coherent idiot

Now time to pause for jingoism.

Dick Sledge

The Tactleneck
Feb 11, 2009

Just missed my team's pick announcement because ESPN is still talking to this bumbling, barely coherent idiot

Don't ever listen to Ike Taylor then.

SuburbanRhythm

WorldClassJagoff
May 6, 2002
Pittsburgh
Visit site

Don't ever listen to Ike Taylor then.

Ike didn't go to college...he built one!

swaggin-u-in-yellow-high-resolution.jpg

AgentM

Jan 4, 2008
Allison Park, PA
When will Barrett Jones from Bama go? He's been a good starter on Bama's stud lines at Tackle, Guard, and Center and would be awesome as a versatile backup for our line.

AgentM

Jan 4, 2008
Allison Park, PA
Terrance Williams - Baylor Cowboys
Markus Wheaton - Oregon State
Ryan Swope - Texas A&M
Stedman Bailey - WVU
Aaron Dobson - Marshall Partriots

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
Hard not to like the Wheaton pick. Steelers are very good at finding WR's in the mid rounds. Makes you wonder why they matched the offer for Sanders when they may lose him for nothing after next year. Hopefully they get him signed though.

One good thing about Bell is that he's still young. He just turned 21 in February.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
The Bell pick is interesting, especially with Lacy on the board. Wheaton is a good pick. I haven't seen a ton of him though, so I'll reserve my judgement on that.

Lemonier going this late was sort of surprising. Highly touted for a fair portion of the year.

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
It's hard to judge players given the different situations they play in too. Alabama is such a high profile glamor team right now. Imagine if Eddie Lacy played on Michigan State and Le'Veon Bell played on Alabama. I could see people viewing them a lot differently than they do.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I will admit I don't follow the draft like I used to. Did we really need two offensive players in the first 3 rounds? Our defense needs tons of depth. It's like we never want to fix our secondary issues. :laugh: Moar 5th rounders we plan on making huge stars?

sniugneP

Jun 28, 2008
So far, Steelers fill the needs. I like Jones and Wheaton. Bell is a little reach but hope he will do much better than Mendy.

I give Steelers B for first 3 rounds.

Last edited:

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
I'd imagine they'll target a safety in round 4 and might even trade up to get one if there's a run of them coming off the board. Then maybe grab a TE in round 5 and a ILB and development QB in the 6th or 7th.

Iggy Smalls

Jun 6, 2010
Think Pittsburgh will go D in the next round (hopefully DB), but later go QB or RB. A lot of decent QB prospects available. Love the first and third round picks!

On another subject, ESPN needs to get off Te'o's ****. He's literally mentioned every fifteen minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad