OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Pathetic Steelers

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
Steelers snag another Pre-Draft visitor by picking Justin Brown in the 6th round. Big kid too at 6'3, 210 pounds. He transferred from Penn State to Oklahoma after the mess that went down at Penn State. He apparently has a lot of experience as a returner too.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Problem with Worilds is that he excels on the same side as Woodley. Doesn't seem as strong from the right side.

Ya that's something I thought of after they took Jones. Jones played Will, correct?

So that is a natural fit with Harrison moving on.

UnrealMachine

Jul 9, 2012
Pittsburgh, USA
Passing on P. Thomas and B. Rambo might indicate that the Steelers are pleased with Robert Golden. He was the only other S we had on the bench going into today.

Dylonus

May 4, 2009
Pittsburgh
Worilds is only good on the strong side because he can only beat weak pass blocking TE and outrun any RT that tries to back step to help. Worilds can legit beat an NFL lineman. He's a player that is going to produce because of a friendly system that can be exploited with his quickness off the edge. He's a bust.

Brown is a tall target that can run quick routes and will go over the middle. Ben will love him.

Iggy Smalls

Jun 6, 2010
Next pick is at 223. Already took Jones, but maybe Bray could be a possibility as they seemed pretty interested in past articles? Would like to see another RB, though.

Dylonus

May 4, 2009
Pittsburgh
Bray sucks. They only interviewed him to get dirt on his WR prospects. I want Fauria, kid from UCLA. 6'8" and a good athlete. Could be groomed as a mismatch as a receiving TE

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
Seems Vince Williams is a two down, run stuffing LB with good leadership skills. McShay raved about his love of the game, his leadership and how he really got his teammates going and playing hard at the senior bowl.

UnrealMachine

Jul 9, 2012
Pittsburgh, USA
Last pick is Nicholas Williams (DT). Good pick, we are light there. He was apparently a converted basketball player. Impressive combine numbers. 8 sacks last season.

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
It was very predictable based on the visits. Jarvis Jones, Le'Veon Bell, Shamarko Thomas, Justin Brown, Terry Hawthorne and Vince Williams all were pre-draft visitors.

They went development QB a little earlier than expected but maybe they thought Landry Jones was too good to pass up at that spot.

Nick Williams, DT, Samford is the last pick for the Steelers (7th round).

Now onto UDFA's...

Last edited:

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
Apparently Nick Williams didn't play football until his senior year of High School. He's very athletic, played basketball in High School and had a great combine performance for a D-Lineman. He didn't flash that same explosiveness on tape though according to scouts. He seems like a relatively inexperienced developmental player that has all the tools but needs coached up on the field.

Snooki Stackhouse

Dec 6, 2007
Pittsburgh
My favorite pick is the Thomas pick. The Steelers love safeties who can defend the run, but he lined up at corner some games and can cover. Seems like a well rounded player who fell because of his height, but I'm not so worried about a shorter safety like i would be a CB. I think he'll play a lot this year when Troy gets injured.

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
Going into round 4, the Steelers were shopping Dwyer because they're still interested in Bradshaw, release him now?

Pretty obvious the Steelers were looking for ways to get another 4th so they could pick a safety like Thomas. They wound up trading a future 3rd to get it done. I suppose the fact they could get Bradshaw in UFA as a fallback to losing Dwyer was a factor in dangling Dwyer. Unfortunately no one took the bait. We'll see what happens. I don't think Dwyer will get released. I could see him being shipped off for a future conditional low round pick if they can sign Bradshaw.

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
I could listen to Keith Butler talk all day. He was yapping about how he wanted to go LB in the 1st and 2nd round. I think he'd go LB every round if he had his way. :laugh: I remember when he said he was standing on the table in the war room lobbying for Hightower last year.

The negative that came out of that interview is that it sounds like Spence is nowhere near ready. Butler said it would be miraculous if Spence can even come back after next year and be ready for 2014-15. He said the Steelers are going to keep him around another year though and hope he recovers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad