OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Pathetic Steelers

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
Usually not a fan of trading a pick from the future that's a higher round pick than you're getting in return but the Steelers will likely get a 3rd for Wallace and they must have also had a 3rd round grade on Thomas. They also just may not like next years draft as much.

No idea who that CB we drafted is but we needed some better depth there. Hopefully he does become another Keenan Lewis down the road. Let's just hope he shows something before his contract year unlike Lewis though. :laugh:

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
Pre-Draft Visitors still available

LB's
Vince Williams, LB, Florida State, rSr, 6-1, 233
Michael Mauti, Penn State, ILB, rSr, 6-2, 243

O-Line
Nic Embernete, San Diego State, OT/OG, rSr, 6-4, 304

WR
Justin Brown, WR, Oklahoma, Sr 6-3, 207

sniugneP

Jun 28, 2008
Concussion issues I believe?

I'd like to see the Steelers take a flyer on him.

You're right about concussions. That might be a reason why he's falling. He could end up like Austin Collie.

I still like to pick him in 6th round. It's pretty good value especially he was very productive at Texas A&M.

We'll have a nice set of receivers for Haley.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
You're right about concussions. That might be a reason why he's falling. He could end up like Austin Collie.

I still like to pick him in 6th round. It's pretty good value especially he was very productive at Texas A&M.

We'll have a nice set of receivers for Haley.

I believe Welker went undrafted because of a concussion history...

UnrealMachine

Jul 9, 2012
Pittsburgh, USA
Hawthorne has blazing speed (4.31) and was also utilized on offense. Not a bad project player to have. We have enough people on the depth chart there and it's certainly possible that he would get moved.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Hawthorne has blazing speed (4.31) and was also utilized on offense. Not a bad project player to have. We have enough people on the depth chart there and it's certainly possible that he would get moved.

What's your take on all of the picks so far?

UnrealMachine

Jul 9, 2012
Pittsburgh, USA
What's your take on all of the picks so far?

I'm mostly pleased. We left some value on the board, but we addressed the areas I was most concerned about: OLB, S & QB. Wheaton will be the next Brown/Sanders/Wallace (hopefully with a better attitude). I don't know much about the CB, but that again was a position of need. Mostly I like how they went for need over BPA, but without straying too far from the latter.

Edit: typo

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
Steelers Depot ‏@Steelersdepot 2h
If the Ravens move Simon inside to replace Lewis, I might lose it more than I have already lost it

I am on record as saying I would rather them wait on QB & pick up one or two as UDFA afterwards.

If they wanted to burn a pick, burn it on Simon. At the very least he becomes a speacial teams beast. At best he solves the ILB BUCK spot

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
I'm mostly pleased. We left some value on the board, but we addressed the areas I was most concerned about: OLB, S & QB. Wheaton will be the next Brown/Sanders/Wallace (hopefully with a better attitude). I don't know much about the CB, but that again was a position of need. Mostly I like how they went for need over BPA, but without straying too far from the latter.

Edit: typo

I wasn't as concerned about OLB as most. I think Worilds and Robinson have potential, but DL needs pressure from the outside in this scheme. So Jones seems to be a good pick.

I was severely concerned about S, but Thomas sounds like a hell of a pick.

I'm just hoping that since they didn't take an ILB, that Spence is recovering well. His speed and versatility could be huge for this team.

UnrealMachine

Jul 9, 2012
Pittsburgh, USA
I wasn't as concerned about OLB as most. I think Worilds and Robinson have potential, but DL needs pressure from the outside in this scheme. So Jones seems to be a good pick.

I was severely concerned about S, but Thomas sounds like a hell of a pick.

I'm just hoping that since they didn't take an ILB, that Spence is recovering well. His speed and versatility could be huge for this team.

Problem with Worilds is that he excels on the same side as Woodley. Doesn't seem as strong from the right side.

Agree totally about ILB. Loved Spence when we drafted him. Hopefully this is good news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad